List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf did someone pass around a Tupperware container full of "brownies" or something ?!? Some of these mooted trades are wild ass lol

Reckon Balmy opens his private stash of monte carlos at the Monday meeting with Blair and Clarkey and they piss themselves laughing reading this thread. Like roll on the floor stuff.

That's. Pretty unimpressive young core compared to most teams.

It's be great to challenge in 5 years but it's looking a long shot ATM.

Geelong are favorites or there abouts with an old team and mid group.

If you take the best 7 players out of most teams, they'll look reasonably unimpressive. You replace them with youth and keep the service out of the older guys. The team that took us apart on the weekend all had guys who are past their best football but still contributing (Selwood, Danger, Henderson, Hawkins, Smith, Tuohy, Dalhaus, Stanley, even Rohan, Duncan and Higgins are past their prime). Now if we took out Danger (Dusty), Duncan (Prestia), Blicavs (Balta), Stewart (Vlastuin), Stanley (Soldo), Kolodjashnij (Broad), the result would have been significantly closer if not a win for us with the side we put out there.

I'd be very much of the opinion that we can re-load for next year while also building for the future. We have 6 picks before 50 which we are unlikely to use as 6 straight picks, so we could use some of them to trade up in the draft and also trade out for established/up and coming players. That's without even using next years draft picks.

Guys who will not be on our list next year (no knowledge of contracts though):
Houli (ret - I would expect),
Garthwaite (not AFL ready),
Caddy (if we aren't playing him now, he's done)

and then it's not clear cut. Egg-Smith but he's a rookie? Astbury? You'd have to think we'll convince him to go around again, given no depth.

So if we are not going to use 6 picks, then we need to trade some. Plus if CCJ leaves, we'll get another pick or 2 back. Might need to make tough calls on Ross, Naish, Cumberland etc or back them in and pick more talent.

Then we are hopefully challenging in 2022 but also building for the future.

You clearly dont know or realise that points in later picks dont equate pick position in the 1st round

You would have to give away extra to attract the trade and there will be enough clubs like Geelong with their 4 x 2nd rounders trying to get up the pick order

1 x pick 18 is worth more than 3 x pick 50+
maybe have a look at similar trades and get an idea about what it takes to move up

This is a different conversation because the dogs won't use their pick because they'll lose the points when they match for Sam Darcy. That's the whole point. They aren't using the pick, they literally just need points to match a bid.

This is a different conversation because the dogs won't use their pick because they'll lose the points when they match for Sam Darcy. That's the whole point. They aren't using the pick, they literally just need points to match a bid.
Think you quoted the wrong person as im saying exactly what you are

Wtf did someone pass around a Tupperware container full of "brownies" or something ?!? Some of these mooted trades are wild ass lol

Reckon Balmy opens his private stash of monte carlos at the Monday meeting with Blair and Clarkey and they piss themselves laughing reading this thread. Like roll on the floor stuff.
I love this thread it never fails to deliver, unlike the real thing which is generally a huge fizzer.

I’m a little more optimistic about our inside mid depth talent and hopeful players like Ross , RCD and Graham who have all shown ability inside aren’t being played their to improve their outside game ???
I don’t think we have been as strong since Bellis left and we need to add outside talent .

I’m a little more optimistic about our inside mid depth talent and hopeful players like Ross , RCD and Graham who have all shown ability inside aren’t being played their to improve their outside game ???
I don’t think we have been as strong since Bellis left and we need to add outside talent .
Hmm am hoping Dow can continue to improve and Martyn can get a chance and show us he’s worth persevering with , jack g frustrates me , he should be more consistent than he is . Rossy I’m on the fence , reckon he’s shown a bit last couple , see how he goes next month of games

Haha...

Whenever I think of ‘cookies’ I think of this story...

You clearly dont know or realise that points in later picks dont equate pick position in the 1st round

You would have to give away extra to attract the trade and there will be enough clubs like Geelong with their 4 x 2nd rounders trying to get up the pick order

1 x pick 18 is worth more than 3 x pick 50+
maybe have a look at similar trades and get an idea about what it takes to move up
Any imbecile can look at the points calculator and see what picks worth points wise. In a shallow draft like this year the Bulldogs first pick (17/ 18 /potentially 20ish factoring Daicos and Darcy) isn't that valuable when there's only a dozen or so standout players. Some years like the 2001 superdraft you could get a great player with picks in 60's. Then there's the 2002 draft where Goddard's and wells were only good pkayers pick 3 onwards were all bloody ordinary.

Last edited:
or we could trade those 3 picks to doggies for there first next year
give us great bargaining power for next years draft

That's what I was arguing. The pick means nothing to the dogs as they can't use it. I would try and do it with the least points amount we can do. Rioli has made me confused. That was my whole point all along.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any imbecile can look at the points calculator and see what picks worth points wise. In a shallow draft like this year the Bulldogs first pick (17/ 18 /potentially 20ish factoring Daicos and Darcy) isn't that valuable when there's only a dozen or so standout players. Some years like the 2001 superdraft you could get a great player with picks in 60's. Then there's the 2002 draft where Goddard's and wells were only good pkayers pick 3 onwards were all bloody ordinary.

Are you serious ?
What makes you believe that a kid selected at pick #20 is no good ?
Why do you believe that this is a shallow draft ?

2017 everybody was saying it was a crap draft and only a few decent players after the first 3-5 kids
#9 Naughton
#15 Bailey
#17 Higgins
#21 Allen
#25 Balta
Kelly , Ryan , Taylor , CCJ , Powell , Starcevich , De Koning , McCartin all late

No pick inside 30-40 is crap and all drafts have gems
Im very happy to take players like Ned Long , Vanrooyen , Bazzo , Ward , Gibcus , Goater with our picks

Mathew Clarke and his team have proven over the years they can select quality player later in the draft and im happy to let them take these picks for quality youngsters

If Richmond were to target a readymade player, what do you reckon would be the priority? Is it all about more midfielders? Maybe Cerra or Crouch?

Not sure what you guys think but I reckon you could also use a smaller/medium forward? Not sure Castagna has been giving you enough in the past 1-2 seasons.
To be honest, I've always thought Petrucelle would fit our system very well with his pace.

But I'd also like players such as Ainsworth (GCS) and Brett Daniels (GWS) for those roles.

Forget about what King thinks. Alex Ferguson spent 23 years at Man Utd and won 13 Premierships plus countless other titles. If Dimma has the drive to rebuild like Fergie did (4 rebuilds), then so will the team have the drive.

Mathew lloyd brought this up on footy classified tonight.

Showed history of coaches after supposed dynasties and what happens to coaches.

When the coach can't get more out of a current group.

If one can't get more out of a current group the best way to revitalise that would be change the group to facilitate growth, evolution and improvement

If Richmond were to target a readymade player, what do you reckon would be the priority? Is it all about more midfielders? Maybe Cerra or Crouch?

Not sure what you guys think but I reckon you could also use a smaller/medium forward? Not sure Castagna has been giving you enough in the past 1-2 seasons.
Maybe we could do a deal for Nelson or Langdon with your club

is that the type that would be better than Castagna ?

No, those two are both spuds. Top of my shitlist.
Strange that you consider Castagna not giving Richmond enough despite playing every game last 2 years during a back 2 back premierships
But the 2 that play for eagles are still getting games. Maybe advise the eagles rather than talking down our player

I am going to have to say that it is worth taking what people say about the up coming draft pools with a grain of salt. Even if they say it will be a super draft, the clubs can still * it up. I mean hell, only 1 player from our Picks in the "Super Draft" of 2014 is still on a list and playing regular senior footy and that is Butler with the Saints (our second last pick).

From what I have read, this year's draft pool is very mid heavy, the one area we need to find talent. If we can get maybe 3 picks in the first round, then that will go a long way toward us having a good future.

Mathew lloyd brought this up on footy classified tonight.

Showed history of coaches after supposed dynasties and what happens to coaches.

When the coach can't get more out of a current group.

If one can't get more out of a current group the best way to revitalise that would be change the group to facilitate growth, evolution and improvement
See this is where it is wrong. Fergusson went out and bought big to compensate the other players. How can we rebuild by bringing in stars with a f salary cap and other clubs for that matter? The only way we can rebuild is like last time keep playing what we have introduce 2 3 players a season and hope it all clicks.

Strange that you consider Castagna not giving Richmond enough despite playing every game last 2 years during a back 2 back premierships
But the 2 that play for eagles are still getting games. Maybe advise the eagles rather than talking down our player
Dude, you can play all you like if your a dud you can be found out, and sorry to say George been carried doesn't count as service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back