List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange that you consider Castagna not giving Richmond enough despite playing every game last 2 years during a back 2 back premierships
But the 2 that play for eagles are still getting games. Maybe advise the eagles rather than talking down our player
Don't be so precious. I criticise those players all the time. I'm merely asking what positions Richmond need to address/upgrade. IMO small forward is probably second on the list.

Bolton off to Freo
CJ off to the sun's
Chol will be at the lions
Caddy committed to the Roos
McIntosh also 2 year deal at Freo
Broad also huge chance tov head to swans

Essendon out of cerra race tigers have said no can't afford you blues only option but won't give up a first rounder
Out of complete respect sir.
Garbage fiction.

Don't be so precious. I criticise those players all the time. I'm merely asking what positions Richmond need to address/upgrade. IMO small forward is probably second on the list.
Think small forward is well down the pecking order personally, we have Rioli Jr in the VFL and guys like Bolton, Baker along with Aarts and Cartagena who can play the role

Biggest concerns on our list are Mids and key position/tall defenders
If we lose Chol and CCJ key position forwards also becomes a huge concern

Can’t see small forwards on our radar at all or if we do we would just use a late draft or rookie pick for some depth

Then it’s a terrible list. Small forwards are easily found and fashioned. Yes, you have impactful smalls like Ryan, Pickett and Papley but aside from Pickett this can be found later in the draft or through rookie list selections. We have much more pressing needs than a small forward.

Then it’s a terrible list. Small forwards are easily found and fashioned. Yes, you have impactful smalls like Ryan, Pickett and Papley but aside from Pickett this can be found later in the draft or through rookie list selections. We have much more pressing needs than a small forward.
Ok, that's my question. What areas do you reckon Richmond should prioritise in terms of adding readymade players?

I didn't think this was particularly confrontational?

Last edited:
Think small forward is well down the pecking order personally, we have Rioli Jr in the VFL and guys like Bolton, Baker along with Aarts and Cartagena who can play the role

Can’t see small forwards on our radar at all or if we do we would just use a late draft or rookie pick for some depth
Are key defenders a concern with Balta nailed on for 10 years?

Are key defenders a concern with Balta nailed on for 10 years?
Balta is going to be the one we build around but Astbury is looking like hanging up the boots in the next year or so, and grimes is heading into the tail end of his career as well,

Apart from Miller who has been on the list for a number of years but yet to play a game we don’t have any key position defenders
Balta is going to need a wingman and some injury cover will be a must in the next year or so

Ok, that's my question. What areas do you reckon Richmond should priotise in terms of adding readymade players?

I have no issue with the colour of your badge and coming here to speak. I have issue with your assertion that we need a small forward desperately. No club looks for a small forward desperately. It’s a niche, low output position.

We need midfield depth urgently - both outside class and inside grunt. What we currently have is old (Cotchin), perpetually injured (Prestia) or low production/young (Graham, RCD.) We need more options.

Then we need spinal surgery desperately. Someone to go with Balta as Astbury is finished and Grimes is rapidly coming close to the end. A young KPF to develop is also a must.

Ok, that's my question. What areas do you reckon Richmond should priotise in terms of adding readymade players?

We were interested in Brander in his draft year but you guys are in a similar position to us.Kennedy close to retirement.

I have no issue with the colour of your badge and coming here to speak. I have issue with your assertion that we need a small forward desperately. No club looks for a small forward desperately. It’s a niche, low output position.

We need midfield depth urgently - both outside class and inside grunt. What we currently have is old (Cotchin), perpetually injured (Prestia) or low production/young (Graham, RCD.) We need more options.

Then we need spinal surgery desperately. Someone to go with Balta as Astbury is finished and Grimes is rapidly coming close to the end. A young KPF to develop is also a must.
Fair enough. Midfield, I agree. I guess I thought Richmond was still reasonably well equipped for talls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan Butler's little brother is in this draft. Back to the future ! Lol

WC's needs are all about the midfield IMO.
What do you think the types of mids you need?
Defensive types who can do the boring stuff or more those outside guys to get the ball moving your way?

Not you personally Jesus, we are still prickly over the 9m kick to Kennedy at Optus.

What do you think the types of mids you need?
Defensive types who can do the boring stuff or more those outside guys to get the ball moving your way?
I'm talking more about draft needs with regard to the midfield. We have very little young depth coming through. So I'm not too fussy about what kind of midfielder but we need to start building a younger core there.

Balta is going to be the one we build around but Astbury is looking like hanging up the boots in the next year or so, and grimes is heading into the tail end of his career as well,

Apart from Miller who has been on the list for a number of years but yet to play a game we don’t have any key position defenders
Balta is going to need a wingman and some injury cover will be a must in the next year or so
We also have Biggie as a development project but he's years away. Miller is one we need to step up when he gets a run at it. One thing we DONT lack is small defenders !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back