List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

TDK is a very mobile player and we should use that. Pitto is going to get bigger and stronger as he gets older and will become a genuinely good strong ruckman. Not sure TDK is strong enough atm to handle all of the ruck contests. He needs another couple of years.
I just don't think Pitto has a significant impact, and for a guy his size he doesn't really like playing like you'd hope. I like TDK's mobility as a ruckman... it's pretty much the opposite of Pitto who appears to labour around the ground.

His stats outside of goals are amongst the worst for any forward in the league - so no - he is terrible "up the ground".

His tackling is actually terrible - seriously bad, 5 or 10 years ago sure - not any more mate.

What knowledge has he passed on ? What a ridiculous excuse.

Eddie has held out players like Honey all year - it really is an abomination that people are still sticking by this ridiculous idea.

Absolute rubbish.

Still compares very favourably to likely the best SF going around....

Where do some people get these farcical ideas?

ET, I agree….something has happened to derail him so badly.
He has way more talent and ability than what he has produced this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not playing him to his strengths and trying to mould into a winger has derailed his development. With the exception of Cripps he is by far the strongest over the ball in stoppages has clean hands and can free his hands to handball when tackled. Fits a strategic need still but cant play our slow on ballers together. If we dont see him as a primary on baller its best we trade him.

Setterfield we either sign short term or trade. He's an onballer and only an onballer and has only ever proven to be mediocre. Coach keeps playing him out of position and that's the coach's problem that he can't see that Setterfield can not play wing, he has no qualities a decent wingman should have what so ever.

I would offer Setterfield but not to get rid of him, to get in someone we want but feel, despite being a former pick 5 that his value will be low if anything at all.

Kennedy playing well puts Setterfield behind the 8 ball big time. SPS or Carroll developing and the possibility of recruiting Cerra, pretty much rules him out. He's a very limited footballer and he's got some serious competition. However Curnow is probably on the retirement end of his career so he would be good to keep for depth.

TDK there is very little chance he makes it as a forward, he hasn't got the hands, until he holds those balls he gets his hands to he is a firm no as a forward. He's going to be a really good ruckman though and IMO could be a really good defensive ruck.

List changes wise this is what I think...

Kennedy - Sign.

Kemp - Sign.

Betts - Retire, however there is talk he will sign, not sure about that one I think his time to go is now.

Curnow - 1 year contract.

Newnes - Probably one year contract.

Silvagni - Sign.

Honey - Sign.

Fogarty - Sign but could see us off load him if there is interest in a trade, not that taken with him.

Casboult - retire.

O'Brien - I wasn't confident in him but his last game really gave me some hope here, he's got too much going for him to get rid of just yet, sign.

Parks - Not fussed here but feel he gets one year, though not really being a key defender he may be let go.

Murphy - Retire.

Pittonett - Signs unless we upgrade on him but I feel he stays as a reserve ruck.

Cottrell - Not sure on him, he may get another contract but I feel we could just as easily let him go. Think he gets a 1 year contract as we lack depth here.

Owies - Sign.

Gibbons - Not sure here, could go either way, feel he gets 1 year.

Newman - Sign.

McDonald - Feel we will sign him up, he's our depth here. We may not but probably should.

SPS - Either trade or sign, hard one here, depends what can get done. IMO if clubs want him and want to give us something good he is gone.

Ramsay - I feel he has a hell of a lot to offer. Currently being ruined by the coach playing him out of position so who really knows.

Setterfield - I see him as mature depth but if another club wants to give us something here then he is gone. I don't really rate him at all, he'd have to really improve.

Marchbank - Contracted but we should be asking if there is interest however what we would get is probably not worth us losing what he might be.

Pittonett - Sign as back up ruckman.

Would like to see us hit the draft and push a few older blokes on. Betts, Casboult and Murphy IMO should move on for a start but IMO there should be at least one more delisting and a potential trade. IMO with a fit list we are going to have a lot of young players who will warrant a game next season, there is a lot of talent there and we are a maturing side that should be good at accommodating those few 1st-3rd year players. Bring in more youngsters through this year's draft and get our age demographic right and future premiership window to open up a bit.

Not playing him to his strengths and trying to mould into a winger has derailed his development. With the exception of Cripps he is by far the strongest over the ball in stoppages has clean hands and can free his hands to handball when tackled. Fits a strategic need still but cant play our slow on ballers together. If we dont see him as a primary on baller its best we trade him.

Kennedy and Dow were both moved around in the same manner prior to the bye and a certain assistant coaching change - the thing about Setterfield is that's he's looked despondent. Something else is going on.

Kennedy and Dow were both moved around in the same manner prior to the bye and a certain assistant coaching change - the thing about Setterfield is that's he's looked despondent. Something else is going on.

Footy wire has Setterfield out of contract but I've seen other sites where he is not listed as out of contract.
(AFL Out of Contract Players in 2021 (footywire.com), Skippers, flag heroes, stars galore in MONSTER free agency crop (afl.com.au)

If he is out of contract I think his poor form should allow us to keep him on a lesser deal than what he's currently got as I couldn't imagine there'd be much outside interest to suggest we will lose him.

If he is contracted for 2022 then I wouldn't be thinking of trading him as we'd be getting unders on any deal based on his form, so delisting him just means a payout and indeed the club would rightly hope that he'd be motivated to put his best foot forward in a contract year.

Either way I think we keep him but next season is make or break for him.

Sorry Durdin - was looking at the CFC player list when I wrote it...

As I said - we need to replace one AND add a ruck forward.

Pitto is terrible, he costs us games in a big way - we need to replace him asap.
Not sure where all the negativity for Pittonet comes from...
His stats don't support your argument, he was actually rated as a top10 ruckman in the game, before getting injured...

Last edited:
Footy wire has Setterfield out of contract but I've seen other sites where he is not listed as out of contract.
(AFL Out of Contract Players in 2021 (footywire.com), Skippers, flag heroes, stars galore in MONSTER free agency crop (afl.com.au)

If he is out of contract I think his poor form should allow us to keep him on a lesser deal than what he's currently got as I couldn't imagine there'd be much outside interest to suggest we will lose him.

If he is contracted for 2022 then I wouldn't be thinking of trading him as we'd be getting unders on any deal based on his form, so delisting him just means a payout and indeed the club would rightly hope that he'd be motivated to put his best foot forward in a contract year.

Either way I think we keep him but next season is make or break for him.

Out of contract end of next year.

Footywire is not always accurate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Setterfield we either sign short term or trade. He's an onballer and only an onballer and has only ever proven to be mediocre. Coach keeps playing him out of position and that's the coach's problem that he can't see that Setterfield can not play wing, he has no qualities a decent wingman should have what so ever.

I would offer Setterfield but not to get rid of him, to get in someone we want but feel, despite being a former pick 5 that his value will be low if anything at all.

Kennedy playing well puts Setterfield behind the 8 ball big time. SPS or Carroll developing and the possibility of recruiting Cerra, pretty much rules him out. He's a very limited footballer and he's got some serious competition. However Curnow is probably on the retirement end of his career so he would be good to keep for depth.

TDK there is very little chance he makes it as a forward, he hasn't got the hands, until he holds those balls he gets his hands to he is a firm no as a forward. He's going to be a really good ruckman though and IMO could be a really good defensive ruck.

List changes wise this is what I think...

Kennedy - Sign.

Kemp - Sign.

Betts - Retire, however there is talk he will sign, not sure about that one I think his time to go is now.

Curnow - 1 year contract.

Newnes - Probably one year contract.

Silvagni - Sign.

Honey - Sign.

Fogarty - Sign but could see us off load him if there is interest in a trade, not that taken with him.

Casboult - retire.

O'Brien - I wasn't confident in him but his last game really gave me some hope here, he's got too much going for him to get rid of just yet, sign.

Parks - Not fussed here but feel he gets one year, though not really being a key defender he may be let go.

Murphy - Retire.

Pittonett - Signs unless we upgrade on him but I feel he stays as a reserve ruck.

Cottrell - Not sure on him, he may get another contract but I feel we could just as easily let him go. Think he gets a 1 year contract as we lack depth here.

Owies - Sign.

Gibbons - Not sure here, could go either way, feel he gets 1 year.

Newman - Sign.

McDonald - Feel we will sign him up, he's our depth here. We may not but probably should.

SPS - Either trade or sign, hard one here, depends what can get done. IMO if clubs want him and want to give us something good he is gone.

Ramsay - I feel he has a hell of a lot to offer. Currently being ruined by the coach playing him out of position so who really knows.

Setterfield - I see him as mature depth but if another club wants to give us something here then he is gone. I don't really rate him at all, he'd have to really improve.

Marchbank - Contracted but we should be asking if there is interest however what we would get is probably not worth us losing what he might be.

Pittonett - Sign as back up ruckman.

Would like to see us hit the draft and push a few older blokes on. Betts, Casboult and Murphy IMO should move on for a start but IMO there should be at least one more delisting and a potential trade. IMO with a fit list we are going to have a lot of young players who will warrant a game next season, there is a lot of talent there and we are a maturing side that should be good at accommodating those few 1st-3rd year players. Bring in more youngsters through this year's draft and get our age demographic right and future premiership window to open up a bit.
No way in hell are we trading Fogarty after 1 year.

He’s played 16 of 20 which is better than I expected, I’m sure I’m not the only one there too.

This year was his first full preseason. Ever. He’s only 22 and had only played maybe 23 games at geelong before coming across.

The club rated him highly enough to give him number 8. I’m sure he didn’t come across on a 1 year deal and i’d be fairly confident it’s more than 2.

I’ve liked what I’ve seen. He’s really faded as the season has progressed, but he’s played more senior footy than ever before (in a year) and is probably fatigued. 27 and 11 tackles in the reserves last week means he might be ready to come back and have a big impact like his early games this year.

Needs to work on his kicking but there’s a player there.

one more ruck-fwd? or ruck only?

I’m assuming RF…

Yeap, specifically a forward/ruck, especially if H isn't going to do much ruck work, but a ruckman/forward would still make us better

Option 1 Riccardi, Ballenden or Chol
Option 2 Meek Briggs or Flynn

I see TDK more as a ruckman that can rest forward

His stats don't support your argument, he was actually rated as a top10 ruckman in the game, before getting injured...

Since he has been out of the side our clearances have reduced dramatically...

We either need another athletic Ruckman for backup and allow TDK to play CHF/ruck or a forward/ 2nd ruck (maybe Chol)...
Out of curiosity, where do you think he fits in here? Who’s better than him and who’s worse?

Gawn
Grundy
Darcy
Naitanui
Goldstein
Hickey
Marshall
Witts
Ryder
Mumford
Nankervis
English
Lycett
Martin
McEvoy
O’Brien
Draper
McInnerney
Naismith

He’s played 16 of 20 which is better than I expected, I’m sure I’m not the only one there too.

This year was his first full preseason. Ever. He’s only 22 and had only played maybe 23 games at geelong before coming across.

The club rated him highly enough to give him number 8. I’m sure he didn’t come across on a 1 year deal and i’d be fairly confident it’s more than 2.

I’ve liked what I’ve seen. He’s really faded as the season has progressed, but he’s played more senior footy than ever before (in a year) and is probably fatigued. 27 and 11 tackles in the reserves last week means he might be ready to come back and have a big impact like his early games this year.

Depends if we chase someone and they ask, about him. We won't delist him but we would be open to trading him. Blokes who kick badly are ones we will be at some stage looking to replace. He's one of them at this stage.

Depends if we chase someone and they ask, about him. We won't delist him but we would be open to trading him. Blokes who kick badly are ones we will be at some stage looking to replace. He's one of them at this stage.

No we wouldn’t and I can’t believe you’d suggest otherwise.

Let’s not pretend your dislike of the player means the club thinks similarly of him.

You reckon we brought him to the club without having seen him play the game prior?

Absolute rubbish.

Still compares very favourably to likely the best SF going around....

Where do some people get these farcical ideas?

Lols - one player?

How about ALL the small forwards - afl stats.

This is out of 75 players

AFL fantasy points 74/75
Contested possessions 38/75

Disposals DOES NOT MAKE THE LIST

Goals 15th (which is fine - absolutely nothing special, but as mentioned VERY distorted by the dogs games - re-averaged without it he falls below half way.)

Marks DOES NOT MAKE THE LIST

Uncontested Possessions DOES NOT MAKE THE LIST

So there it is - statistically, factually set in concrete - he is an average contributor for a non-key forward and as such should be contributing like Greene, Tipuungwuti, Papley, etc around the ground - in no world is that happening.

In fact he is amongst the WORST as demonstrated above.

So a BOG average small forward who does NOT contribute at all relative to AFL standards.

You have completely clouded views on him - understandably - he should not be in the team, and 100% should not be at Carlton next year if we are to get REMOTELY serious about improving as a club.

He is one of the MAIN reasons why we are performing so badly as a club.

I'd trade him in a heart beat if anyone would take him. We need a better class.

We were getting killed at stoppages around the ground - even when he wins it somehow he sends it to the wrong person. Can you point to where these stats are collated I would like to view them if thats at hand or if you can remember.

He occasionally dips in - but we need a Kruzer, a Gawn, a Grundy etc.

Lets be honest - Hawthorn were getting rid of him.

To add to this - I believe the game has even moved forward beyond this type of play - your team is a player down with this type of ruckman - you need a seriously decent footy player first - ruckman second. The cost on team structure is just too much to have a tap ruckman who offers limited else around the ground.

Carlton needs to read the tea leaves on this.

No we wouldn’t and I can’t believe you’d suggest otherwise.

Let’s not pretend your dislike of the player means the club thinks similarly of him.

You reckon we brought him to the club without having seen him play the game prior?

Of course we would, we will always be looking to upgrade.

He's a dime a dozen player, has things to like and dislike about his game. But kicking, you're not going to get a game in a strong side missing kicks.

Heaps of blokes over the last 10 years have played a lot of games like him, then gone, we're a weak side, means nothing.

If he tidies the kicking up ok, he'll make a player, if not no chance he's on our list in a few years. Thus stuff has been costing us games and we need to clean it up.

Consider this, he's fit and he's in the 2s, he's not highly regarded.

If we go for Cerra and they want SPS and Fogarty he's gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back