• Horne-Francis

Votes: 227 92.7%
  • Callaghan

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Flanders looked like the world’s most unhappy draftee when GC picked him up and could easily have come to North (his likely preferred destination this year), and what do you know, signed with the Suns anyway.

Things change when you get into a club. Cerra is the rare case.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Got to pick best available but wouldn't it piss us off after Kelly knocked us back with his ties to us if the kid wanted a trade back to Port because of his family connection. Funny i was reading though the same debate about Cerra on the first couple of pages of his freo thread. Perth is a lot further away than Adelaide to Melbourne tho

Every player I has a different go home appetite. Even in his draft year, Cerra was making murmurings about wanting to be in Melbourne. JHF is saying he’s happy to go anywhere.

Sam Flanders looked like the world’s most unhappy draftee when GC picked him up and could easily have come to North (his likely preferred destination this year), and what do you know, signed with the Suns anyway.

Exactly.

There are things our club does well and things our club doesn't do so well. What we appear to have a strong handle on is how to look after kids who have moved from interstate and give them a new home that they never want to leave.

But tough
Great leap
We haven’t had an actual Star backman of that type since those blokes
We almost did, but then we didn’t

Sorry guys , I’m sure it’s been answered somewhere already but can anyone tell me if , where & when this Game WA vs SA with our very own Jason Horne is on ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are things our club does well and things our club doesn't do so well. What we appear to have a strong handle on is how to look after kids who have moved from interstate and give them a new home that they never want to leave.
Yeah for as much as people harp on and on about the last mob in charge not playing the young blokes enough, playing fav all the time not developing players. Terrible with injuries but we still after or those apparent negatives we still lost know one that we did not want to lose. I dont think we will have to much trouble keeping Stiffy as i have nick named him. By this time next year i have no doubt he would have followed in this years draft class and extended for another 2 years.

Something that dawned on me today, that I believe to be incorrect about JHF is the “he has peaked, therefor has less upside” narrative.

Given the quality & impact of his possessions, I think his improvement comes from if/when he’s able to increase his involvement whilst maintaining his impact per possession.

Whether he ends up a North player or not, given his kicking i50, contested marking, score involvements & goal kicking, if a club can develop him into a 25 possession player, he will absolutely be a star.

Accumulation, running patterns & involvement is something that can be learned & coached in a professional environment (see TT). The natural attributes that he has, cannot IMO.

Something that dawned on me today, that I believe to be incorrect about JHF is the “he has peaked, therefor has less upside” narrative.

Given the quality & impact of his possessions, I think his improvement comes from if/when he’s able to increase his involvement whilst maintaining his impact per possession.

Whether he ends up a North player or not, given his kicking i50, contested marking, score involvements & goal kicking, if a club can develop him into a 25 possession player, he will absolutely be a star.

Accumulation, running patterns & involvement is something that can be learned & coached in a professional environment (see TT). The natural attributes that he has, cannot IMO.
100% That’s why he’s so highly ranked mate, all homes need a ground floor to build from.

In Hornets case, the base he’s got has the potential to build a mansion..

I always thought that it was harder to develop player's consistent involvement in the game. While much of this is fitness, our drafting of talented flankers that would one day transition into midfielders in the Scott era marks this point.

I always thought that it was harder to develop player's consistent involvement in the game. While much of this is fitness, our drafting of talented flankers that would one day transition into midfielders in the Scott era marks this point.

Good thing we drafted 3 pure mids in 2020 🤝

My understanding is that Callaghan has only recently this year transitioned into a midfielder. There is probably an element of risk with both prospects around their ability to become full AFL mids. Thankfully we are now stacked in that area so it’s less of a concern for me.

Back