Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Shameful erasure of the Shaun Atley = 'modern James Hird" online history.

Sorry, what the fcuk is a Shaun Atley?

214 games, must be the most vanilla sonofabitch to get to 200. I honestly can only vaguely recall the name, assumed he was a journeyman with 50 games for 4 different clubs over 10 years or something like that.

Worst 200 gamer ever? Excluding Anthony Rocca of course

Player #37 - Shaun Atley
View attachment 1253156
Pictured: "Will our redevelopment include clotheslines? I'm sick of this sh*t"

As an unrestricted free agent he has been told to 'wait' for a new contract because each day the 29 year old remains unsigned is a day closer to turning 30, and thus attracting Geelong's interest.
hahahahahahahahahahhaha

As I said on the last page, at least he was willing to put his body on the line despite having a pre-pubescent build, and he will always have this.

Atley has nothing going for him. Vanilla, soft, no highlights at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id run the ongoing "Mof thats not Shaun Atley" but honestly i have no ******* idea if thats him or not.

Id run the ongoing "Mof thats not Shaun Atley" but honestly i have no ******* idea if thats him or not.
I actually thought it was him and that Mofra had stuffed up. Now I just don't know anymore.

Player #36 - Mason Cox
1633412655879.png
Pictured: Mason Cox has been known to accept and wear samples from Alan Didak's T shirt business

Mason Cox is tall, a former American, and he played one good game (against Richmond) a couple of years ago. He's been dining out on that ever since. To be fair it was a final and it was amusing so he deserves some credit.

Cox grew up in Texas which is also known as the Lonestar state. He actually had the Collingwood cheer squad chanting "USA! USA!" once which is heart-warming to know they now know how to spell at least one country. Literacy rates will sky-rocket if they ever draft a player from the UAE or Chad, but I'm hoping that given the Lumumba experience they avoid anyone who grew up in the Republic of Niger.

After playing 24 games in 2018, Mason played 14 games in 2019, 11 games in 2020 and just 7 games this year. It sounds like he just isn't in their long term plans, like Nathan Buckley. So much so he's been told to 'explore his options' which is a nice way of saying he's likely to be delisted after trade period if no team comes a'runnin. Nominally a forward, he did kick 6 goals from his first 3 games this year - then just 2 from the next 5 games.

The problem seems to be he is easily bumped off the ball if he's running and jumping at it as a forward, and hasn't shown much in the ruck because Collingwood have always had better rucks than him so he's never had to do it, unlike Bulldogs midfielders. He has shown glimpses - averaging 2 goals in Grand Finals, which eclipses Gary Rohan's entire finals career.

Fun fact: In 2020 Mason became an Australian citizen, about the same time Joffa moved to Fiji which seems a fair swap to me. Joffa has some 'well known legal issues' at the moment and is no longer associated with the Collingwood cheer squad, which as a sentence is on par with being kicked out the Sidebottom family for 'looking too inbred'.

Anyway Mason good luck next year and I hope you get to keep your AFL dream alive for at least one more year. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2021.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back