Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

8di1o6.jpg

You all get tax cuts. Everyone gets a tax cut

Just one more bear trap to negotiate for albo now. The religious discrimination.

And the tax refunds are 80% wha the coalition left, so good luck with arguing minutia anything but ‘but you promised’

And these are significant tax cuts, not an extra coffee cuts. Directed more at income brackets in the electorates Dutton is targeting, and less in the electorates he’s abandoned ( teal seats)

1. It would have to be proven that Labor never intended to keep their promise. Given the change in economic circumstances and cost of living pressures felt most by lower/middle earners, which the LNP and media mates could at least pretend to care about here*, this is an uncharitable, unproven assumption.

Remember when Albo increased the tax on super balances above $3 million? We heard the same “broken promise” crap until people realised the number of people affected hey this change was about 0.2% and the first polls were published showing broad community support

2. You'd also have to prove that there's now a disincentive for taxpayers to work hard and get ahead, given this doesn't appear to be an issue with progressive tax systems, even ones which have ramped up the rates higher as you earn more. People will earn more if they can.

In all my years of living I’ve NEVER know someone to knock back a promotion with a pay rise because it would take them into a higher tax bracket. This whole “you’re disincentivising people to work harder” is absolute nonsense

It would have to be proven that Labor never intended to keep their promise. Given the change in economic circumstances and cost of living pressures felt most by lower/middle earners, which the LNP and media mates could at least pretend to care about here*, this is an uncharitable, unproven assumption.

You can beat the ALP excuse drum all you want but as I pointed out earlier, this is just another in a long line of panic moves, gaffes and broken promises.

There is now a clearly established pattern and the voters can see it.

Airbus has a credibility deficit. This just puts him even further in the red.

The top 1% income in Australia is over $350,000 per year.
99% was figurative, no idea what it actually is but would be somewhere in the top few percent

the substantive point holds - I have busted my gut, maxed out my career growth and earnings far beyond what most people are lucky enough to do, probably reached close to the ceiling of what is possible - and yet our moribund tax and welfare system drags my family back down to mediocrity simply because my wife is ill

It’s extremely depressing and not very good for promoting excellence

If you are so dissatisfied with earning a high wage, have considered earning a low wage?
I don’t have that luxury on account of having an ill dependant, but a lot of high earners do. Look at all the doctors that marry each other and then go part time, because the marginal benefit of a full time salary in the top tax bracket isn’t worth the hours to them.

Even if you don’t have a problem with the inequity of the situation, surely you can see how economically problematic it is to encourage so many highly skilled and valuable people to work part time.

To be very clear - I don’t have any problem with paying high taxes. But I expect to get value for my money. If I was Norwegian I would pay a very similar amount of tax for my income level - but I would also have access to free university, better public schools, free childcare. My wife would receive more support from the government and we would pay less in medical bills and health insurance.

I have a big problem with how poorly distributed the tax burden is in Australia, and stunts like today are 100% emblematic of the problem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can beat the ALP excuse drum all you want but as I pointed out earlier, this is just another in a long line of panic moves, gaffes and broken promises.

Panic moves? Like promising to hold a second referendum with no intention of doing so, then backtracking within 24 hours when you get called out for your BS?

That kinda panic?

I don’t have that luxury on account of having an ill dependant,
Then how do you think the person earning 100k p.a. with terminally spouse feels?

To be very clear - I don’t have any problem with paying high taxes. But I expect to get value for my money.
I don't mind paying taxes as long as it personally benefits me.

While conveniently ignoring all the broken promises of Coalition governments, including the most gaffe-prone PMs we've had in decades.

I agree with Rick Morton from the Saturday paper. There is something very satisfying about watching a certain type of single-celled organism absolutely s**t the bed over a rejig of tax cuts that will see people on $200,000 only thousands of dollars better off instead of almost $10,000 better off every single year.

I agree with Rick Morton from the Saturday paper. There is something very satisfying about watching a certain type of single-celled organism absolutely s**t the bed over a rejig of tax cuts that will see people on $200,000 only thousands of dollars better off instead of almost $10,000 better off every single year.
Careful, the Saturday Paper isn't on the list of approved conservative propaganda that Sky News quoting posters adhere to.

While conveniently ignoring all the broken promises of Coalition governments, including the most gaffe-prone PMs we've had in decades.

Sigh.

Newsflash - the ALP are the party in power NOW and are the mob making all the mistakes and breaking all the promises NOW. Their decisions and their decisions alone are affecting Australian taxpayers NOW.

Anything that the coalition did or didn't do is not relevant to the conversation.

All your deflection tactics, pea and thimble tricks and Jedi mind tricks are just pointless.

To be very clear - I don’t have any problem with paying high taxes. But I expect to get value for my money.
Then don't vote for parties that love to gut public services :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back