Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Pride in sport. Are they ******* serious.

This society's obsession with immediately assuming a person's attitudes based on one sole ******* thing is nauseating, man. Pitchforks always out, looking for outrage. Get ****ed

Well the mob are only outraged when a certain type of person transgresses.

Another victory for the professionally outraged.
Unfortunately it’s a reflection of modern society.

If you aren’t outraged over something that has no actual impact whatsoever on your life, you aren’t doing it right.

It’s like those who complain about a show being vile. Turn the channel and don’t watch it, it’s not hard.

Unfortunately it’s a reflection of modern society.

If you aren’t outraged over something that has no actual impact whatsoever on your life, you aren’t doing it right.

It’s like those who complain about a show being vile. Turn the channel and don’t watch it, it’s not hard.
It’s a classic case of ‘if you’re not seen actively decrying it, then you must condone it.’

Shits. Me. To. Tears.

We knew it was going this way, I think it could have been worse so this is ok.

Media were jostling for a hanging. It’s some spare change for Clarko and he’ll do the course, probably love it, and we’ll be the gay capital of the AFL.

Edit: Mardi Gras 2025 permanently relocated to Hardon St 3051.

Clarko walked into this one himself. Pretty sure he can afford it. If he'd approached the players without the poor choice of slur it would've just been a minor fine IMO or nothing.

Needs to be smarter. Players would probably still love that he left no doubt as to where he stood and would understand stupid word choice in the heat of the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Sam Kerr is seen as a hero despite calling a policeman " a white bastard" (true racism) and throwing up all over a taxi and the NSW premier says it wasnt a racist slur and many are in full support of her . Clarkson defends his players with a bit of crass language nothing more and Barrett and the rest of the AFL woke brigade jump all over him and call him homophobic. Many were labelled racists for booing Goodes for his antics which had nothing to do with his skin colour, The world gets madder by the day

It’s a classic case of ‘if you’re not seen actively decrying it, then you must condone it.’

Shits. Me. To. Tears.
It’s like these Extinction Rebellion *sticks in Melbourne.

Some poor woman had to give birth in her car because these oxygen thieves want to tell people how outraged they are.

Go get *ng jobs and contribute to society, instead of being pests.

Wonder what Clarkson really thinks of it and the AFL. I would love to know. I doubt he would care too much. Has to be seen to be toeing the AFL propaganda line.

Clarko walked into this one himself. Pretty sure he can afford it. If he'd approached the players without the poor choice of slur it would've just been a minor fine IMO or nothing.

Needs to be smarter. Players would probably still love that he left no doubt as to where he stood and would understand stupid word choice in the heat of the moment.
It's not a slur to anyone who has an ounce of good faith in them. f***ot is a gay slur. C*cksucker (can't believe I have to censor that) is an insult on par with dickhead, motherf*cker (another perfect example of an insult that is used in a general sense and doesn't really make you think of its literal meaning), and prick.

It's only a poor choice of words because you know exactly how the league and media (virtuosos in the art of perpetual outrage) would interpret stuff like this. And indeed, they have

It's not a slur to anyone who has an ounce of good faith in them. f***ot is a gay slur. C*cksucker (can't believe I have to censor that) is an insult on par with dickhead, motherf*cker (another perfect example of an insult that is used in a general sense and doesn't really make you think of its literal meaning), and prick.

It's only a poor choice of words because you know exactly how the league and media would interpret stuff like this. And indeed, they have
Exactly.

Clarko has been around long enough to know that we are not treated equally. Needs to be smarter, or not. For all we know he's comfortable with the trade off.

At least this is a 20k buy in from Clarko for the players and I’m sure the AFL were as lean as possible because they’ll be coming back to Clarkson when setting up the tassie team comes into place.

All in all, this type of punishment is enough to further enrage Robinson and Barrett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back