Prediction One season too many - Now 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

But for a moment of madness, Gaff would have been a premiership player and probably would have moved to North in 2019, which probably would have gotten the Eagles extra draft capital to either get Tim Kelly a year earlier and have a genuine crack in 2019 or support that gambit with some extra young players. True sliding doors moment.

But for a moment of madness, Gaff would have been a premiership player and probably would have moved to North in 2019, which probably would have gotten the Eagles extra draft capital to either get Tim Kelly a year earlier and have a genuine crack in 2019 or support that gambit with some extra young players. True sliding doors moment.
Thank god for Brayshaw scragging him leading to that

Imagine we have him on a mil a year for another 2 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are at least a dozen sides worse than either GWS or the Swannies. In lower pressure games against those sides I expect that both Sidebottom and Pendlebury will be at the very least solid contributors. I would agree that the early signs indicate they might struggle in top of the table H&A games and come finals time. Does not reaching the stellar levels of their earlier careers equal going a year too long?
If they had called it a day after the flag, would the players in line to come in and replace them perform at a higher level in those high pressure games? Not sure who they'd be but for myself I doubt it. Collingwood could have suggested a Sam Mitchell type deal with another club but that was never going to bring any significant trade benefit that would help them this year. Not to mention the Pies supporters would have rioted if they'd been pushed out by the club.
Both will almost certainly call it a day at the end of 2024. Whether the evidence of just 2 games proves to be confirmed, or whether they are being trained to peak on Cup Day ,time will tell. For mine they've well and truly earned the right to have a last dash at it.

Pendlebury…bloke has just lost that yard…was dropping the shoulder at every opportunity, couldn’t evade anymore.

Come at me
Has always had the drop of the shoulder in him just not as prolific as others so doesn't get the attention for it

Trouble for Pendles and Sidey is that the Pies midfield ain’t much chop besides Daicos, and a part timer in De Goey. Pendles and Sidey will be asked to carry too much of the load as a result and it won’t be pretty,

Yeah you've definitely not been given enough.
We have been given Griffin Logue who did his knee, Darcy Tucker who is a battler and 3 kids at picks in the 20's in Goad, Will Dawson and Riley Hardeman. None are close to playing AFL footy.

I personally hope all 5 go on to play in 3 flags but the reality is we were never getting a top 10 pick and no club will ever again.

Its this dropkick bs narrative that we somehow got given guns at the top of the draft that needs to be called out.
Sheezel was our 1st round pick. We got Wardlaw for that muppet JHF walking out on the club.
McKerchar was our 1st round pick. We got Durrsma for the other muppet McKay leaving.

We have been given Griffin Logue who did his knee, Darcy Tucker who is a battler and 3 kids at picks in the 20's in Goad, Will Dawson and Riley Hardeman. None are close to playing AFL footy.

I personally hope all 5 go on to play in 3 flags but the reality is we were never getting a top 10 pick and no club will ever again.

Its this dropkick bs narrative that we somehow got given guns at the top of the draft that needs to be called out.
Sheezel was our 1st round pick. We got Wardlaw for that muppet JHF walking out on the club.
McKerchar was our 1st round pick. We got Durrsma for the other muppet McKay leaving.
You also got Stevens and Fischer for free and pick 3 was a handout.

So 8 players for the loss of McKay.

Given the thread though Shiels has definitely gone on too long.

Prestia has barely missed a game the last 2 years. But yeah that's enough now, hos body can't be trusted.

He was a gun at his best one of my favourite oppo players but his body just cant go anymore. No shame hes had a great career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back