Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree on Amiss, some of his chasing left a bit to be desired. I was watching on tv though
Agree that he’s never been the fastest, but in other games I have seen more acceptable efforts from him. I suspect that being shoved into the goal post by a Lions grub (& then taking himself off to be checked) in Round 1 did not help his cause v Roos.

No, building a tank is not easy. If it was they’d all be running the same 2km times trials.

Everything can be improved (inc speed off mark) but natural ability plays a big role.
You basically agree. You can work on a tank, burst speed is natural ability. If you asked Freddy, Walker or Clark “when did you develop your speed” they would answer “for as long as I remember”

Purple Reign and The Restump independently I think.
I agree that the rest of his game was fairly good.
His Cat 10 tackle looked crude and careless both live and on TV. Not your typical tackle that slips high.

Agree that he’s never been the fastest

Amiss is very, very quick for a tall. I think he's just young so he is wearing out quick.

He played 93% time on ground week one and 91% against North - which is up from 78% average in 2023. It's almost an extra quarter of footy for him.

I expect he will take some time to adapt to it.

The AFL should start paying those as free kicks in the goal square (and counting the goal), happens all the time, the defender gets away with a complete shove with no chance at the ball. Oscar Allen did it to Tabs? a couple years ago.

To Chapman, who badly injured himself the very next round, I always presume he played sore / injured and it cascaded into his serious hammy.

A shove in the back is what got Michael Johnson too, and if you watch close enough you'll see it happen to Brennan Cox against Brisbane.

A shove in the back is what got Michael Johnson too, and if you watch close enough you'll see it happen to Brennan Cox against Brisbane.
It was funny seeing them play the slow mo of Brennans injury and seeing a push in the back and chop off the arms by Andrew’s that were missed by the umps

I thought that Hughes and Banfield ,early, were two of the better performers.
Hughes has been good , not great but has done the role he is selected to do.
Who was doing the pod cast?
It was just that high tackle early for Hughes. Really dumb and looked unnecessary and a bit lazy

Pretty sure it was just the one podcast being purple reign. Regarding Hughes making cat10 errors in 1st quarters without reviewing all other games last season pretty sure he came up with that from the first two games this season. The so called error he made against Roos was a head high tackle but which other player hasn't let a tackle slip higher

Note that the guy who suggested that also suggests how to play Darcy and Jackson in same team is to sub Darcy out after he goes hell for leather in the first half lol
Mel Brooks Morons GIF

On a couple of the Freo Podcasts it was noted that Hughes has a penchant for Cat10 errors early in 1st Quarters.
The solution - start Hughes on interchange until the initial heat goes out of the game. Has merit?
You could say the same for every Fremantle player on the field during the 1.5 quarters. Maybe the midfield should help with the initial heat and get things moving first. Big issue first two weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Meara got a whack to the head in the fourth that split him open, hopefully his noggin is fine but things like that can pop up later that day or over the weekend and we lose the player for two games.

He needs to play a decent game. Since arriving he's been gifted games on reputation and being placed into the leadership group.

Not one great game for him. Very underwhelming and holding back a younger player with potential to be better which would help us more in the future.

He needs to play a decent game. Since arriving he's been gifted games on reputation and being placed into the leadership group.

Not one great game for him. Very underwhelming and holding back a younger player with potential to be better which would help us more in the future.
He has been decent in a few..but yeah needs to lift his game.

I would like to see them play Simpson as the sub instead of another inside mid. I understand why they do it this way though as they feel they need to cover Fyfe getting subbed out.

As much as I want that, I can't see them doing it for a few more rounds so they can see Simpson play a game or two at Peel, and they can trust Fyfe to run out four quarters.

I would like to see them play Simpson as the sub instead of another inside mid. I understand why they do it this way though as they feel they need to cover Fyfe getting subbed out.

As much as I want that, I can't see them doing it for a few more rounds so they can see Simpson play a game or two at Peel, and they can trust Fyfe to run out four quarters.
Be good to know how Simpson went in the practice match last week…

Thought him being sub was uninspiring/underwhelming. He’s not an impact player. Just have him play full matches for Peel if fitness was concern.
Erasmus or Simpson can be the sub most weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back