Autopsy Gather round my fat hairy ass

Remove this Banner Ad

My main take away is the compo we got from afl is sh1t. Greenwood, Shiels, and Logue the only mature players from other clubs with any ticker. Those guys crack in. Stephens, Fisher, Stephenson, Corr, Tucker, all downhill skiers. Might look good playing peripheral roles in good teams but fk me we need leadership out on the ground. I fear Jy might not ever get back to his best, McDonald pffftt, Zurhaar well is he worth a 5 year contract really?

I’d be playing Greenwood and Shiels every week just for their tenacity and on field leadership if nothing else. Sheez, Chom, Souva, LDU, X, Powell, Wardlaw, McKercher, Duursma, Scott are more or less locks.

Sure we’ve played quality opposition to start the season but there is no easy opposition and I’ve Seen enough to know we’ve cleaned out a lot of deadwood only to replace it with other clubs deadwood.

Get Phillips and George into the team over some of these imposters. They crack in and are talented. Give Lazarro a run of “make or break games” again he cracks in…..and start blooding Sellers and Finnbar. I also couldn’t give a flying fk about Zurhaar love him at times but I’d go as far to say one of the most over rated players of all time. He should be signing a 5 year deal without hesitation, fact he hasn’t say he buys into his own hype.

Rant over.

Billie Joe Armstrong GIF by Global Citizen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to make a statement and drop some of these so called senior players.

Don’t care for who, and don’t care that we will likely get smashed.

Just need to set an example.
Gold Coast dropped 7 players this week - and they have won 2 games.

I said 3 weeks ago we had 7 players who weren't AFL standard - 4 of them were still in the side this week.

This is on the selection committee - if they don't set the standards required then the players will just follow on - as has happened for the past 5 years.

Life must be pretty good at Arden St - no expectations, no penalties for under performing, prizes handed out as fat long term contracts for good efforts and being a good teammate.

Is there anyone at the club capable of turning this appalling culture around? I doubt it.

Worst of the last decade on display again today: --

-- too many North players hunting the loose ball/in possession oppo player, leaving space outside for waves of runners

-- North flying 2 on 1, or 3 on 2, but failing to mark, spoil to advantage, or even kill the ball.....FFS!

-- horrific direct turnovers by hand and foot. (Note: Human beings cannot be handballed through; they are [usually] solid)

-- Oppo running from deep past multiple static North players

Followed the scores online at Narita airport while waiting for a replacement flight home - disappointing but not surprising. Team that lost a GF by a couple of kicks with a massive point to prove against a team that narrowly avoided another spoon, was a recipe for disaster again (as it was last year) and duly delivered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back