WRFL Div 2 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

What was the league trying to achieve by going back to two divisions?

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think they wanted a premier division with ten teams at all costs

Should have kept it at 8-8-7, it was the most even year last year (besides north sunshine)

There is still time to split the divisions and they should 100% go down this path

Focus on participation and giving everyone the chance to win. That’s how the league will grow

Should have kept it at 8-8-7, it was the most even year last year (besides north sunshine)

There is still time to split the divisions and they should 100% go down this path

Focus on participation and giving everyone the chance to win. That’s how the league will grow
Isn’t there only one club struggling? Sunny Heights had a good year last year

Lavo are competitive. The Rockbank have over 50 on the list and a strong spine.

Are we changing the fixture for one club.

Almost every game was a blowout this week, it's pretty clear that more than a few of these teams are just nowhere near the standard of others due to the size of the division

Last edited:

Almost every game was a blowout this week, it's pretty clear that more than a few of these teams are just nowhere near the standard of others due to the size of the division
Check out the ressies scores.. even wprse

This week will be a good test, should be closer games hopefully.

Albanvale runners up in Div 3 v Albion runners up in Div 2. That result for me was the biggest indicator that this shouldn’t have happened.

Lavo was smacked by the Div 2 wooden spooners and pushed the Div 3 premiers. See what happens when they play the better sides.

Totally Agree.

There is a write up regarding the WRFL in today's herald sun. I know it's the herald so don't always believe what's written but if true it looks like the WRFL are very spineless.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, if you can't compete then just field a clubbies team. These clubs are serial complainers who just clog up the league. Either get better, or keep the club going by playing in the clubbies comp.
I think that’s unfair TBH

All the teams last year in Division three were competitive against each other, bar North Sunshine.

Obviously you had the finalists but you also had Laverton & Tarneit win games against Div 3 finalists too - which validates the improvement in the division. Go through the results the last 5 years and Division 3 was always dominated by a 2-3 sides..

I do think all this will go on deaf ears, the league won’t do anything

Seriously, if you can't compete then just field a clubbies team. These clubs are serial complainers who just clog up the league. Either get better, or keep the club going by playing in the clubbies comp.
Spot on. No wonder the comp is a joke it’s people allowing these clubs to continue not the WRFL.

They finally had the foresight to have two comps with good numbers.

If you have one or two sides fall over because they can’t manage a football club (same sides have been no good for too long)

Go to clubbier let the comp evolve

Spot on. No wonder the comp is a joke it’s people allowing these clubs to continue not the WRFL.

They finally had the foresight to have two comps with good numbers.

If you have one or two sides fall over because they can’t manage a football club (same sides have been no good for too long)

Go to clubbier let the comp evolve
Why is the number of clubs in each division the be-all and end-all for you?

A question from someone who's from afar. Is every club financial? Could it be there's an intended cull of those not financial?

My thoughts are that the Wyndham City Council area is/was a massive growth area 10+ years ago and every housing estate had its own pop up football club enter the comp. Too many teams with the same suburb name appeared in suburbs with already established teams.

Teams like Manor Lakes, Tarneit, Wyndham Suns & invited Point Cook from the VAFA

Lost Deer Park & St Albans to EDFL, Glenordan from senior ranks, Newport Power (folded?) & Port Colts to SFNL
And Sanctuary Lakes & Wyndham Suns have had name changes

Is a 2 division league strategy an attempt at gaining some stability?

A question from someone who's from afar. Is every club financial? Could it be there's an intended cull of those not financial?

My thoughts are that the Wyndham City Council area is/was a massive growth area 10+ years ago and every housing estate had its own pop up football club enter the comp. Too many teams with the same suburb name appeared in suburbs with already established teams.

Teams like Manor Lakes, Tarneit, Wyndham Suns & invited Point Cook from the VAFA

Lost Deer Park & St Albans to EDFL, Glenordan from senior ranks, Newport Power (folded?) & Port Colts to SFNL
And Sanctuary Lakes & Wyndham Suns have had name changes

Is a 2 division league strategy an attempt at gaining some stability?
Newport Power seniors broke away from the junior club and form the current Newport side

Why is the number of clubs in each division the be-all and end-all for you?
It’s not be all and end all. It’s about quality

Some of these sides are running out with 16 reserves players and losing by 50 FRICKEN GOALS. i seen one bloke running around I swear he was 60.

THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING FOR YEARS NOT OVERNIGHT

The comp has shown some responsible management.

This week they had about 20, the last few weeks have been 35, currently have 50 on the list and alot of good talent they have recruited under the radar and will surprise a few, bray brook will struggle espically with points, and rams are doing well with sponsorships so just keep an eye out! Their spine has been covered which they haven't had in a few years!
Surprise.

Pretty good game down at West today. Goal for goal. Roosters held on by a point. I don’t think the Suns enjoyed the little lumpy ground 😀. But no fights or any crap just two sides having a crack 👍🏉
Looks like big improvement from West this season

Looks like big improvement from West this season
Yes. Lots of numbers down there now, they even have a netball side now. A great effort by the committee who have held it together over the years. We were dead on our feet 15 years ago. The joint is packed at the moment. Onwards and upwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back