Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Maj almost lapped the last two runners and he won looking back over his shoulder trying to work out where the others were.
Maj is very close in size and weight to Usain Bolt too. Once he winds up he is, well was very, very fast,

Majak's burst acceleration was frightening along with his top speed. Very difficult to get away from if you're not careful!

I feel like Luke has lost a bit of ability or doesn't really show as much of it due to the role he plays nowadays. We really need to shake off turning players into role players and letting them flourish. Luke's best is B&F worthy but we don't see enough of it unfortunately.

Great lockdown defender though. No doubt about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with our new additions to the side I wasn't convinced that McDonald was going to be best 22.
Now he's gotta step up to a new level in 2023 IMO.
No passengers here.
Congrats on the captaincy lukey! You deserve it.

I parked next to the McDonald family at the NMFC family day at Royal Park the year before Luke was drafted. I pointed him out to my kids and said "that young fella there is going to be captain of our club one day".

Glad to have got it right, even if the little bastards pretend not to remember me saying it.

Congrats Luke 👍

Last edited:
I parked next to the McDonalds at the family day at Royal Park the year before Luke was drafted. I pointed him out to my kids and said "that young fella there is going to be captain of our club one day".

Glad to have got it right, even if the little bastards pretend not to remember me saying it.

Congrats Luke 👍
This really reads like Luke was working in the drive-thru at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back