Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 2021 & 2022 Syd Barker Medalist - 2023 co captain with LMac - re-signed until end of 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a heads up guys, as usual hit another team board at your own peril.

The Saints board is giving out full whack "serious infractions" weeks off like candy regardless of your own personal records and infraction history. There's plenty of other places to vent.
Sad Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

To their credit, unlike their nuffie supporters, both Lyon and Misson actually spoke pretty well in relation to the incident. Of course they're going to say their player is a great person and this is totally out of character, but they both expressed concern for Jy, didn't try to defend the dog act and acknowledged the coming harsh penalty is deserved.

Lost in the cesspool is Jy himself who’s post-footy quality of life has probably been impacted. Given his concussion history he should be taking at least a month off. Even UFC fighters take a longer time off from similar hits.

Clarkson shouldn't have to apologise for what he said.

I'd be more surprised and disappointed if he didn't say anything.
Nah that's a load of crap, he could have stuck up for his player without using a homophobic slur.

Would be completely hypocritical for him to not own up to his own error and apologise for it.

Nine's lead story - Clarkson homophobic slur. Nice distraction now for the real story. Nine cranks up the LGBTQIA spokespeople who slam the homophobic manner of the slur. TBH Clarko's behaviour is poor for the position he holds. All this unnecessary media attention didn't have to happen.

Nah that's a load of crap, he could have stuck up for his player without using a homophobic slur.

Would be completely hypocritical for him to not own up to his own error and apologise for it.
Yeah I agree - though I am sure he was using it without considering the homophobic implications, like the world not long ago used to call everything gay when they didn't like it, in the cool light of day you realise that it means something and isn't a throwaway line.

That said, it probably wont be the last time he says something like that when he gets angry and protective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a heads up guys, as usual hit another team board at your own peril.

The Saints board is giving out full whack "serious infractions" weeks off like candy regardless of your own personal records and infraction history. There's plenty of other places to vent.
I bet they are.

Last edited:
lol shut up Robbo….

He had no homophobic intentions ffs…
He used it as an insult…

I’m not asking for him to be hung just disputing the fact that a poster said he had nothing to apologise for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back