Player Watch #16: Zac Fisher

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Walsh said on the dyl and friends podcast that Zac fisher came back out of shape. I can't remember if he said fat or overweight or a bit heavy but was getting stuck into him. Not a good sign...also said he's all good now.

Sam Walsh said on the dyl and friends podcast that Zac fisher came back out of shape. I can't remember if he said fat or overweight or a bit heavy but was getting stuck into him. Not a good sign...also said he's all good now.
sam walsh said that about a previous season? this season?

Just a little tidbit from todays game. Many would have noticed Fish and Gorgeous George Wardlaw doing some runs on the ground and around the boundary after both playing the first half (and being rested in the second to manage loads). My daughter (health science student) remarked how they would be absolutely cooked in that heat - but they pushed through and finished right in front of us. Fish turns to George and says "lets go again" - and off they went again. Driving standards. I love that s**t.

It's hard to describe how disappointing this is.

Comes across on good money, turns up in poor shape and then has hamstring issues.
The good news is that according to Michael Barlow, the club was rapt with how he returned after Xmas. He talks about him from about the 9 minute mark:

Last edited:
Sam Walsh, sore back, can't play 🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uncritically believing the bigfooty rumour mill is a great way to look like an absolute dickhead
It's an interesting one. As Barlow said, he started later because Carlton played finals last year, had a quad issue and 'was probably a bit behind the 8 ball'. He obviously then did a really good block over Xmas.

I'm just rapt we've got Barlow (and this current coaching panel in general) with so many 1st - 4th year players on our list. It's like we've finally got the right development people at the club at the right time.

Looks a perfect pickup for us. Given the young backline he is a much needed bit of composure. Has looked very good over the pre season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back