Player Watch #16: Zac Fisher

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand the things you're referencing. Sheezel, Melbourne 07 etc.

My expectation generally was occasionally challenging some sides for periods of games. We haven't done that.
Again, low bar and not unreasonable.
you believe we are the worst club ever. Its arguable. But in the conversation.

I referenced Sheezel because like Fisher did, he turned the ball over 9 times.

Im not praising their Fisher and Stephens year thus far. Im saying, they would be playing better with better players around them.

The effort on the weekend was better, continue with that and build, you will see North challenge sides

you believe we are the worst club ever. Its arguable. But in the conversation.

I referenced Sheezel because like Fisher did, he turned the ball over 9 times.

Im not praising their Fisher and Stephens year thus far. Im saying, they would be playing better with better players around them.

The effort on the weekend was better, continue with that and build, you will see North challenge sides

No, I said this could be the worst team in that period. Not club. I was careful with the words I used.

Sheezel doesn't belong in this thread.

And when you pay that much for that long for two players with experience, you are not allowed to blame others for not pulling their weight as reasons why these players aren't contributing. It doesn't work like that.

The bottom line is Will and Brady wanted more run and with the future picks that had to be used and what was on offer Stephens and Fisher were the guys we went after and got. Also we wanted guys in that certain age bracket and with the way things have happened this year that deal so far doesn't exactly look great. A lot of our supporters don't want to hear this but those two players need time, coming into a new team and one like ours would not be easy, they are role players and at their best they are okay unfortunately as I've said before confidence is below rock bottom at the moment and we are seeing this x10.

The thing people don't understand is confidence is such an interesting thing, it can affect many things at play not only physical but mental as well and sometimes people jump the gun as to speak about players, the fact that they are in the right age bracket is ideal, give them time they will come good, they are not going to be our A graders so to speak but in time they will fit in our structure and you will see improvement, its just at the moment nothing seems to be going right for us.

The other thing I've noticed that is happening at the moment is when we have started well and got out to a nice lead we give away stupid free kicks that result in opposition goals, not once, not twice but several times this must be a killer, fair suck of the sav, as much as we just hate this, our players see this and it just destroys them even more if that's even at all possible. We need to cut this out whether its a backman or midfielder who is responsible doesn't matter, its going to be hard enough to actually win a game this year if we keep doing this.

Zac Fisher is a Cat. Did not put the body on the line and yet another goal with a soft effort. Get him out of the backline and preferably out of the side. And now caught holding the ball as he has no right foot.

The bottom line is Will and Brady wanted more run and with the future picks that had to be used and what was on offer Stephens and Fisher were the guys we went after and got. Also we wanted guys in that certain age bracket and with the way things have happened this year that deal so far doesn't exactly look great. A lot of our supporters don't want to hear this but those two players need time, coming into a new team and one like ours would not be easy, they are role players and at their best they are okay unfortunately as I've said before confidence is below rock bottom at the moment and we are seeing this x10.

The thing people don't understand is confidence is such an interesting thing, it can affect many things at play not only physical but mental as well and sometimes people jump the gun as to speak about players, the fact that they are in the right age bracket is ideal, give them time they will come good, they are not going to be our A graders so to speak but in time they will fit in our structure and you will see improvement, its just at the moment nothing seems to be going right for us.

The other thing I've noticed that is happening at the moment is when we have started well and got out to a nice lead we give away stupid free kicks that result in opposition goals, not once, not twice but several times this must be a killer, fair suck of the sav, as much as we just hate this, our players see this and it just destroys them even more if that's even at all possible. We need to cut this out whether its a backman or midfielder who is responsible doesn't matter, its going to be hard enough to actually win a game this year if we keep doing this.
Yep its reactionary, worked hard for a negative result. The same way when the siren blew to end the first.

The kangas worked bloody hard in that first Q. Should have been up by 2/3 goals if it weren’t for poor kicking at goal and direct turnovers at half forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s much better in defence when he’s not in the same backline as Scott & Sheezel.

Easier to hide 1 bloke who isn’t a natural defender.

One thing I’ve noticed with Fisher is he calls for the ball no matter where he is on the field. He could be in the defensive goal square surrounded by 5 opponents, and he’d still be calling for it, waving his arms around.

And like every other NM player, it’s not leading for the ball. It’s doing star jumps - that’s how you call for the ball at Arden St.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back