Delisted #17: James Stewart - Will be delisted despite having a year on his contract - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't help but think he'll be the 3rd tall forward in round 1 with Bellchambers' injuries. Hope he's competent in the ruck.

Can't help but think he'll be the 3rd tall forward in round 1 with Bellchambers' injuries. Hope he's competent in the ruck.
Just need him to be competent in the ruck really. I doubt he'd spend more than 15% of his time of the ground in the ruck assuming Leuey is fit. For mine it's better that he is in over Bellchambers as I think our forwardline would be a bit slow with Belly in there.

Seeing as Daniher and Hooker will most likely miss the first preseason JLT game against Collingwood.
Stewart is going to be our main key fwd in that match so we should get a good look at him to see if he can be the third tall fwd behind Daniher and Hooker we need him to be.

Seeing as Daniher and Hooker will most likely miss the first preseason JLT game against Collingwood.
Stewart is going to be our main key fwd in that match so we should get a good look at him to see if he can be the third tall fwd behind Daniher and Hooker we need him to be.
Good opportunity for him against a team his whole family hates!

His family are filthy at Collingwood for not picking him as a father/son haha.

The family was upset because Collingwood informed the family shortly before the draft - It was felt Collingwood could have communicated the information 6 to 8 weeks before the draft, so as not to affect the lead up to his VCE exams.

The family was upset because Collingwood informed the family shortly before the draft - It was felt Collingwood could have communicated the information 6 to 8 weeks before the draft, so as not to affect the lead up to his VCE exams.
I'd be incredibly disappointed if Essendon ever did this to one of our F/Ss.

Word I heard is that they said they would draft him from pretty much the start of the previous year and then dropped the bomb a few days before

Things change, if another player became available on short notice that they were more keen on they are under to obligation to take Stewart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word I heard is that they said they would draft him from pretty much the start of the previous year and then dropped the bomb a few days before
If that's the case I understand the bitterness. It really sounded like sour grapes until i heard hat.

If that's the case I understand the bitterness. It really sounded like sour grapes until i heard hat.
Yep. If it was "look, depending on where you're going to get bid on we'll wait and see, but we want you" I'd be unhappy, but okay.

Things change, if another player became available on short notice that they were more keen on they are under to obligation to take Stewart.
I thought the issue had more to do with the timing of the communication, immediately prior to his year 12 exams, rather than backing out of a promise

I thought the issue had more to do with the timing of the communication, immediately prior to his year 12 exams, rather than backing out of a promise
Fair enough with that, it is poor timing.

God forbid we get an injury to Hooker/Daniher in the season proper and he gets a competent AFL key defender. Plays as if he is sub 190cm and not in a way that is advantageous to his actual height.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back