Player Watch #17: Riley 'Stiffy' Hardeman

Remove this Banner Ad

Kicking is his biggest issue. Everything else as a half back seems okay, oh and he doesn’t hit the score board. The best half backs hurt in offensive game, elite kicking, goal assists and scoreboard etc

I watched 4 of his WAFL games and all his champs games. Technically he is a beautiful kick, and he is more than capable of kicking 55+m.

His short kicking can be a little bit inconsistent, but I think that’s more to do with decision making rather than execution.

He has the scope to be a very very damaging kick at AFL level.

I watched 4 of his WAFL games and all his champs games. Technically he is a beautiful kick, and he is more than capable of kicking 55+m.

His short kicking can be a little bit inconsistent, but I think that’s more to do with decision making rather than execution.

He has the scope to be a very very damaging kick at AFL level.
We watched a different player. The reason he went so late is because of his kicking. If he was a gun kick he would have been a top 12 pick. As I said he has great attributes, rebounding half back is not his game. Potential back pocket

We watched a different player. The reason he went so late is because of his kicking. If he was a gun kick he would have been a top 12 pick. As I said he has great attributes, rebounding half back is not his game. Potential back pocket

Late? He went pick 23… that’s hardly late. Outside of Harley Reid there wasn’t a half back taken inside the top 15.

I’m not saying he is an out and out elite kick, but he is more than capable of hitting damaging kicks.

From my understanding he wasn’t drafted higher, because his contested game & ground ball game needs work and because he isn’t a huge accumulator.

Anyway, agree to disagree.

At least you’ve moved on from bagging kerchs kicking.

Think Riley will be a good player for us and his kicking looks fine.

Yep, coming from a guy who reckons Colby can’t kick… when his kicking was highlighted pre-draft & has been lauded by many of his teammates this pre-season, I’m taking DuckYeah’s assessment on players kicking skills with a grain of salt!

I hope Kerch is the best kick the afl has ever seen. I really do. Kerch will be a great left foot kick <30m on his left. No doubt, I said that. I also stated he isn’t a great balanced kick beyond 30m on the full tilt run. He is a carbon copy kick of Zach Merrit. Short, sharp and give and go. Not the worst attributes, solid and will be handy. Lets see on KerchZ

I am a serious and hard judge on kicking skills. Kicking skills are the back bone of winning flags and being the best team. I dont want competitive, I want elite.

Crucify me for wanting our team to be elite

I hope Kerch is the best kick the afl has ever seen. I really do. Kerch will be a great left foot kick <30m on his left. No doubt, I said that. I also stated he isn’t a great balanced kick beyond 30m on the full tilt run. He is a carbon copy kick of Zach Merrit. Short, sharp and give and go. Not the worst attributes, solid and will be handy. Lets see on KerchZ

I am a serious and hard judge on kicking skills. Kicking skills are the back bone of winning flags and being the best team. I dont want competitive, I want elite.

OK Jesus. You are thy hole one.

I seriously hate the Merrett comparison.

They are nothing alike in their physical attributes.

Colby would put 10m on Zac from a stoppage.

Inside the first round no?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we wait for the real stuff before judgement is passed on his kicking?
Go to the top of this thread, page 1 about 4 to 5 posts in and have a look at his kicking. Its right there. For all to see. If you ignore that, then I cannot engage in any argument. His kicking is below average. In his HIGHLIGHTS

AGC he is not an average kick.

Last edited:
The kicking debate is BS… judgement off 2 min videos. I am over the subjective opinion without data. Just antagonistic drivel… don’t get me started;)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What did you think of his kicking?
With a number of smalls in the back half and having Pink Dawson Biggie Corr and maybe Comben in the back half where does McDonald play and if I’m hearing right his been re connditted that means his under done and will have to play VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back