Player Watch #19: Griffin 'Gus the Goose-stepper’ Logue - recovering well from ACL injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm. We will lose, and I am not sure why we are trying.

"Additionally, any Careless or Intentional Forceful Front-On Contact or Rough Conduct (High Bumps) where High Contact has been made and that has the potential to cause injury will usually be classified at a minimum as Medium Impact."

It just needs the potential to cause injury, not actually cause injuury.

"Additionally, any Careless or Intentional Forceful Front-On Contact or Rough Conduct (High Bumps) where High Contact has been made and that has the potential to cause injury will usually be classified at a minimum as Medium Impact."

Brother we will win

I think if we are unsuccessful. I think it may be an extra week added .
When is the appeals hearing being held ?
Don't think this is a thing anymore. If you're unsuccessful you just wear the cost of the appeal don't you?

Either way, I don't see how we don't get him off here. He hasn't chosen to bump at all. He gets a foot to the ball, realises the collision is about to occur and braces to protect himself. The collision is unavoidable once he gets his foot to the ball, what's he supposed to do? If he doesn't brace himself for contact he gets laid out himself.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Gus was stupid. Not to bump, but forgetting he didn’t transfer to a big 4 Melbourne club. It’s also poor from north to not properly articulate these differences and inconsistencies to players when they come across as part of their orientation.

Don't think this is a thing anymore. If you're unsuccessful you just wear the cost of the appeal don't you?

Either way, I don't see how we don't get him off here. He hasn't chosen to bump at all. He gets a foot to the ball, realises the collision is about to occur and braces to protect himself. The collision is unavoidable once he gets his foot to the ball, what's he supposed to do? If he doesn't brace himself for contact he gets laid out himself.

This is correct. There’s no risk of adding to the punishment by appealing, we just pay the costs.

Brother we will win
Assuming the appeal is successful, would we take it as a certain that the AFL have tagged Gus for the Brownlow this year?

I'm thinking that there's a long tradition with players like Dusty, Fyfe, Cripps etc. all "being found not guilty" of serious offences in their brownlow years.

Assuming the appeal is successful, would we take it as a certain that the AFL have tagged Gus for the Brownlow this year?

I'm thinking that there's a long tradition with players like Dusty, Fyfe, Cripps etc. all "being found not guilty" of serious offences in their brownlow years.
Without a doubt. In fact, it's inevitable.

That's fine, the best bet is we can argue the careless grading as I've mentioned here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Day is a couple of meters away when Logue hits the ball, with his eyes on Logue and not the ball. For mine he needs to be actually contesting the ball - not just running into Logue - and it is Day that should have gone off his line rather than correct and guarantee contact.

And it looks like we will.

I saw your slowmo of the event, I didn't realise the footy was kicked by him, and I think there is a real consideration to self protection of a head clash.

I at least see why we are spending the 10k now, though I do think the way he left the ground (even instinctually) instead of going lower means we would have to have some special ruling or appreciation from the panel. I'd give us a 25% chance.

You can just hear Clarko in the background talking to Gil, you want to make this into a marque game or not?
Gil says I don't give a *. I want to get out of here ASAP but those pee and poo shitstains at Hawthorn have made a real mess with their stupid investigation and it's stopping me from taking my golden handshake.

Gil says I don't give a *. I want to get out of here ASAP but those pee and poo shitstains at Hawthorn have made a real mess with their stupid investigation and it's stopping me from taking my golden shower.
EFA.

I saw your slowmo of the event, I didn't realise the footy was kicked by him, and I think there is a real consideration to self protection of a head clash.

I at least see why we are spending the 10k now, though I do think the way he left the ground (even instinctually) instead of going lower means we would have to have some special ruling or appreciation from the panel. I'd give us a 25% chance.
This is what we want to remove. Gus was just protecting himself, his main action was to try and get the ball. Compare with McAdams' action where his sole purpose was to 'bump' and bump only.

View attachment mcadam3(1).mp4

1680580125050.png

giphy.gif

It would have been a worse outcome - front on collision with a potential for a head clash

This is what we want to remove. Gus was just protecting himself, his main action was to try and get the ball. Compare with McAdams' action where his sole purpose was to 'bump' and bump only.

View attachment 1649659

View attachment 1649661
Crossing my fingers for us. The defence is probably going to argue that he had plenty of time when running to the contest to know that front on contact was going to be made, so we need to have a good reason why he was not expecting to collide with him.

Crossing my fingers for us. The defence is probably going to argue that he had plenty of time when running to the contest to know that front on contact was going to be made, so we need to have a good reason why he was not expecting to collide with him.
Plenty of time in the space of one second? They must think he can stop and bend time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back