• We're cursed

Votes: 41 30.4%
  • We're number one!

Votes: 27 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Take a Valium.

Are the players allowed to take a Valium the night before or day of or at all?
I don't think it's a banned substance. However, if a player needs to take a valium prior to a game, you'd have to question whether that player is suitable to play in a Finals game.
For the fans, on the other hands, it seems like it's exam the next day...insomnia, restlessness, anyone got more symptoms to add? :/

Because we've got history that makes us worried. The real question is why aren't you worried, you should be :)

I've watched Cats a lot this year terribly slow team , yes they beat the swans last week but it was a heavy track , Buddy was injured and swans as a whole out of petrol tickets. Cats will be ok for 1/2 but in the end the crows will be to quick and to much fire power up forward .

Warm forecast is favourable for the more skilful and running side, but probably doesn't mean too much by the time the game starts.

I just think your playing better football at moment than Cats and you will win comfortably after a close first half .
Thanks for the well wishes. Despite some mild annoyance with Melbourne based media seemingly forgetting that there are two other sides playing this week (flashbacks of the Doggies last year), I'll be cheering for the Tiges on Saturday.

On the flight over from Melbourne with the Geelong players. Interesting that only one player travelled over with their wife and child. I bet you can guess who?
Haha Geelongerfield. They're just his vehicle for attention.

Plus he needs her to carry the full-sized mirror she got him for his Birthday ... ;)

I've watched Cats a lot this year terribly slow team , yes they beat the swans last week but it was a heavy track , Buddy was injured and swans as a whole out of petrol tickets. Cats will be ok for 1/2 but in the end the crows will be to quick and to much fire power up forward .

Hope so. I came on your board at half time of your QF. Your board was melting because you didnt take your chances. I posted that you guys shouldn't worry, that you had the match. I truly believed that the dam walls were going to burst and they did.

Its easier to see other teams sometimes than your own team. I just dont know whether to feel confident or terrified. I feel a bit of both.

Hope so. I came on your board at half time of your QF. Your board was melting because you didnt take your chances. I posted that you guys shouldn't worry, that you had the match. I truly believed that the dam walls were going to burst and they did.

Its easier to see other teams sometimes than your own team. I just dont know whether to feel confident or terrified. I feel a bit of both.
If I manage to take my Crows hat off for a second then I feel very confident that Adelaide are the better side.

Unfortunately though there are no guarantees and the Cats have some serious weapons. We need to produce the goods to win.

I hope we kick the absolute **** out of them.

Thanks for the well wishes. Despite some mild annoyance with Melbourne based media seemingly forgetting that there are two other sides playing this week (flashbacks of the Doggies last year), I'll be cheering for the Tiges on Saturday.

Melbourne media are flogs the lot of them :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don't win. We won't be here next year.
Oh, hell, that's bad news, but please give my best regards to Marty and Doc. ;)

Can you take another ride in the deLorean and tell us what happens if we do win the PF, please?
(Just kidding. If Jake becomes Leaver, but we get Gibbs, with improvement in our younger brigade I think we've good reasons to believe we'll be a better side next year).

Last edited:
Melbourne media are flogs the lot of them :)
There are some good ones. The Age for example provides decent articles that are actually about football and not some irrelevant made up garbage like our local rag does, for starters.

Just hard to get Crows coverage, which is understandable because it's a Melbourne paper. As much as I love Fox Footy, as a national broadcaster they could do with some balance.

Yes we had control of game but didn't take our chances enough , luckily we got on top in the last. I just don't rate Cats as a whole , been to inconsistent all year . But you haveto control dangerflog , Selwood is not damaging at moment he's unfit , Cockatoo won't be match fit either and Guthrie is out for them to .

There are some good ones. The Age for example provides decent articles that are actually about football and not some irrelevant made up garbage like our local rag does, for starters.

Just hard to get Crows coverage, which is understandable because it's a Melbourne paper. As much as I love Fox Footy, as a national broadcaster they could do with some balance.

Age is the best agree , herald sun is just trash .

Just looked at WillyWeather.
29C tomorrow, clouding up around dusk, N-NW wind of 15-18Km/hr moderating to a bit less than half that by game's end.
Hope Tex wins the toss. Any wind advantage will be diminished by 4th quarter.
18 hours to go! (yeah, some insomnia here 1.23 a.m. :rolleyes: *twitch twitch*)

Well I think it helped that I had to be up at 3 am as wasn't sleeping well anyway!!

I thought I had a nervous feeling before..

s**t has just got REAL!! Flight seems to be on time, I just played Holy Grail a few times on my drive from GC to Brisbane and that has me pumped for the game!!

Only real words left to say are:

'Get The Job Done'

Happy just to break even with them in the first quarter, get the nerves out. Then blow them away in the 2nd, which has been our best quarter all year.

I don't necessarily agree.

Back in 2006 that was our last shot, people tried to kid themselves that the door wasn't shut but with the age profile of our squad it was then or never.

I don't actually feel that about this squad, I think we can cover Lever's departure and Seedsman can replace Smith and provided that we can bring in Gibbs or another quality player I think we can definitely challenge again next year.

We might not get another opportunity like this with 2 home finals, but regardless top 4 should be the minimum expectation for next year.
My thoughts exactly. This year has been fantastic...so far, but this team - there are even better times ahead. Even if we don't snag a GF at the very least this time, for the first time in forever I think the list and the coaching are good enough to snag a flag or two in the next few years. But let's start with this year!

Back