Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Sri Lanka Win

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah maybe, good problem to have anyway, that's a strong batting lineup, good horses for courses team.

Interesting you mention that (horses for courses) - a bugbear of mine for a while is no one bats an eyelid with Starc/Haze missing tests on the subcontinent.

It's accepted that the pitches need a different style of bowler

But the same measure isn't held against batsmen.

As it happens, most of our batters with perhaps the exception of Head are pretty decent against spin - but in years gone past - we wouldn't dare drop someone who was substandard against spin. Runs on flatter surfaces means you hold your spot. But wickets on less dry surfaces don't keep bowlers in the game.

Interesting you mention that (horses for courses) - a bugbear of mine for a while is no one bats an eyelid with Starc/Haze missing tests on the subcontinent.

It's accepted that the pitches need a different style of bowler

But the same measure isn't held against batsmen.

As it happens, most of our batters with perhaps the exception of Head are pretty decent against spin - but in years gone past - we wouldn't dare drop someone who was substandard against spin. Runs on flatter surfaces means you hold your spot. But wickets on less dry surfaces don't keep bowlers in the game.

Yeah that's a fair call. I guess once you have a spot as a bat you pretty much are there until you * up, bowlers will often get rotated for rest and injuries, particularly these days. Though our quicks have stayed fit pretty well for the last few years (touch wood).

This was my only reservation against Cummins getting the captaincy actually, not enough to not do it but I did think of that.

In years gone past - i'd want Starc picked for his batting on the SC as much as his bowling.

But if the pitch allows Travis Head to bowl balls like he did last match - no point having 2 frontline seamers.

Some of those balls would fit into a mirrored Warne montage.
Interesting

Really you are just picking maxi for the batting....head is providing the same with his spin as maxi

So you lose a left arm quick for another spinner which head is providing

Happy to have another gun fielder though so that could sway it

What batting role would we be expecting from maxwell at 8? if the pitch is so heavily in favour of spin we only play one frontline quick then they cant expect maxwell to build an innings at 8 he would have to be given the green light to just attack from the start as if it was last 15 overs of an odi.

They teased me so much with a possible Maxy selection last Test. If they've done it again this match and don't pick him that's just cruel to those of us dying to see him pull on the baggy green again
It’s worse that they’re teasing him.

Just read that the reason Green hasn't been bowling is that he's having his workload managed.

So he's in the team as an all rounder, who can't bowl.

Don't they call that a 'batsman'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back