oh_my_hat

Club Legend
Jun 28, 2000
one-out in the goal squar
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Tottenham
OK here are my round 9 tips, William, what happened?? I’m picking your Raiders this week but should I be? Are they on the skids?

How about the Cowboys? Emmitt gets the record but we lose to the lowly Seahawks. OUCH!! Looks like the Falcons v Saints game was a ripper.

Tipper Score Progressive
Winston Wolf (8) 73
Stealth Bomber (8) 66
You Idiot (6) 65
Longboysfan (7) 65
Mooster (9) 64
Still Crowing (8) 63
Nuffy (8) 62
Oh My Hat (9) 61
Hippie (5) 59
Pump (8) 59

WEEK 9
Sun, Nov 3 LOCATION TIME (ET)
Baltimore vs Atlanta Georgia Dome 1:00 PM
New England vs Buffalo Ralph Wilson Stadium 1:00 PM Bledsoe wants this one baaad!
Philadelphia vs Chicago Memorial Stadium 1:00 PM Worst team in the NFL Bears or Boys??
Pittsburgh vs Cleveland Cleveland Browns Stadium 1:00 PM
Dallas vs Detroit Ford Field 1:00 PM
Tennessee vs Indianapolis RCA Dome 1:00 PM
Minnesota vs Tampa Bay Raymond James Stadium 1:00 PM
Cincinnati vs Houston Reliant Stadium 1:00 PM 2 in a row for the Texans?
NY Jets vs San Diego Qualcomm Stadium 4:05 PM
Washington vs Seattle Seahawks Stadium 4:15 PM
St. Louis vs Arizona Sun Devil Stadium 4:15 PM
San Francisco vs Oakland Network Associates Coliseum 4:15 PM I’ll give the Raiders this one – just at home
Jacksonville vs NY Giants Giants Stadium 8:30 PM
Mon, Nov 4 LOCATION
Miami vs Green Bay Lambeau Field Tough one to pick – home ground
Bye Week: Denver, Kansas City, New Orleans, Carolina

OK, week's over. I'm now back in "You guys are wonderful people" mode. Chiefs handed it to Oakland, Missouri beat KU and Nebraska spanked the spread and put one in the good column. Thanks Hippie! :D

Special thanks also go to TigerTank who sent over enormous quantities of Raider Hate via telepathy. Well done, TT.

You_Idiot, normally I would give congrats on a game well played, however:

A) It wasn't
B) I'm a sour sport once a year
C) Raiders at Arrowhead is that once a year.
D) Peace brother. ;)

Hat, you've managed to double pick again. Check your Eagles/Bears game.

MOOSTER PICKS WEEK 9:

Atlanta
Buffalo
Philly
Pittsburgh
Detroit (The Boys are killing themselves letting Emmitt run IMO. BTW congrats Emmitt - now retire)
Indy
Minnesota (gut check)
Houston (they should call this one the 'Toilet Bowl.' I like Carr)
NY Jets (This is a wish rather than an intellectual choice)
Washington
St Louis
San Francisco (Yup, Oakland is gomering)
NY Giants

TMF: *in annoying Austin Powers voice*

"Green Bay, Baby - Yeah!"

Happy with 8, was a tough week last week and the results here seem to reflect that. A lot of 50/50s.

Atlanta
New England
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Detroit
Indianapolis
Tampa Bay
Houston
San Diego
Seattle
Arizona
Oakland
NY Giants
Green Bay (it's getting cold back home! Theoretically that is only going to make it tougher for everyone else)

The Huskers won because I made A&M the lock of the week. My bluff worked to perfection. So, Texas is my lock of the week this week.

Originally posted by Mooster7
Hat, you've managed to double pick again. Check your Eagles/Bears game.
Thanks for the heads-up Mooster.:eek:

While I've got ya, what do you think about the Tigers off-season so far? I'm very happy with it!! Good to see Nebraska win too although I have lost touch but suffice to say I know they have been stinking it up this year.

6-3 *is* stinking it up, by Nebraska standards.

Particularly when one of the losses was to a 2-4 Oklahoma State, an opponent that Nebraska has not lost to in 41 years and for only the third time ever in 39 meetings.

From 1962-1999, Nebraska won 35 out of 36 games, with a draw in 1973 being the only blemish. OSU won the first two meetings between the schools; the all-time series record is 35-3-1 Huskers.

Nebraska must win three of the following to retain the streak of 33 consecutive 9+ win seasons: Texas, Kansas, Kansas State, Colorado, bowl game. They are underdogs in at least two of those, possibly three and maybe even four depending on the bowl opponent. The one thing they have going for them is that three of them are at home.

Atlanta
Buffalo
Chicago
Cleveland
Detroit
Tennessee
Tampa Bay
Houston
NY Jets
Seattle
Arizona
San Francisco
NY Giants
Miami

5, bloody 5, what a crap week that was. Oh well, onwards and upwards. (I hope) :D

Atlanta
Buffalo
Pittsburgh
Detroit
Indianapolis
Tampa Bay
Houston
Jets
Seattle
St Louis
Oakland
Giants
Green Bay

Week 9 Tips

Falcons
Buffalo (on a hot streak)
Eagles
Cleveland (rocks)
Detroit (Rock City)
Colts
Tampa Bay Bucs
Houston ??? (only cos its against the 0-7 Bengals)
Chargers
Seattle
Rams
Raiders
Jaguars
Miami

OK, a few parting shots before I lodge my picks...

Originally posted by Stealth bomber
Happy with 8, was a tough week last week and the results here seem to reflect that.

You'd better be happy, my friend-- because you passed me for second place at this writing!! :mad: :eek:

Oh, well... you know what payback can be. ;)

Originally posted by Mooster7
You_Idiot, normally I would give congrats on a game well played, however:

A) It wasn't
B) I'm a sour sport once a year
C) Raiders at Arrowhead is that once a year.
D) Peace brother. ;)

Too true, Mooster.

You're entitled to be a sourpuss for these rivalry fixtures, and I never take them personally. "Peace, brother", indeed. :D

However, having said that, Arrowhead appears to be the bogey ground for the teams I barrack for-- and that goes for the San Jose Earthquakes as well as the Oakland Raiders! In fact, when Lamar Hunt finally builds that soccer-specific stadium in suburban KC for the Wizards, that takes care of the problems for one of those teams! ;)

Congrats to your team for the win, though (you will hear it from me, regardless of what you think).

And Hat, I'd be wary of taking the Raiders this week-- but they'll get up for the Niners. If there's any game that they'll feel like they have to win, it's the game against The Evil Empire from Across The Bay. Believe me, I'm a Bay Area native, so I think I know what I'm talking about.

Also, the Oakland Coliseum doesn't sell out all that often (a 49er-based conspiracy, I reckon)-- but the bad guys from the other side of the Bay will make sure that the game is televised locally, with the blackout lifted. So this is a great opportunity to gain some respect in front of the masses. That'll be a motivating factor, too, IMO.

So if for that reason alone, I'm going with the Raiders. Anyone else who chooses to do so, do it at your own peril-- don't say that I didn't warn you...

And here are my picks...

WEEK 9
New England vs Buffalo Ralph Wilson Stadium 1:00 PM
Philadelphia vs Chicago Memorial Stadium 1:00 PM
Cincinnati vs Houston Reliant Stadium 1:00 PM (the Bengals WILL NOT win a game this season... trust me on this)
NY Jets vs San Diego Qualcomm Stadium 4:05 PM
Washington vs Seattle Seahawks Stadium 4:15 PM
San Francisco vs Oakland Network Associates Coliseum 4:15 PM
Mon, Nov 4 LOCATION
Miami vs Green Bay Lambeau Field

Denver and KC don't play this week. Thank goodness for that. :p

GO RAIDERS! JUST WIN, BABY (please!!!)

Cheers,
William

WEEK 9
Baltimore
New England
Chicago
Pittsburgh
Dallas
Indianapolis
Tampa Bay
Houston
San Diego
Washington
Arizona
San Francisco
NY Giants

Miami

WEEK 9
New England vs Buffalo Ralph Wilson Stadium 1:00 PM..... Bledsoe at his new home against his old pals, I feel a spanking coming on!
Philadelphia vs Chicago Memorial Stadium 1:00 PM
Cincinnati vs Houston Reliant Stadium 1:00 PM William says the pussy cats will not win...I'll go with that. **
NY Jets vsSan Diego Qualcomm Stadium 4:05 PM C'mon Team Green, this season is a horrible nightmare. Stop wheeling Vinny onto the park, hopefully we'll get a low pick and a franchise QB will be available.
Washington vs Seattle Seahawks Stadium 4:15 PM Go the Indigenous Persons (TMQB!)
San Francisco vs Oakland Network Associates Coliseum 4:15 PM
Mon, Nov 4 LOCATION
Miami vs Green Bay Lambeau Field

** If a team goes as bad as Cincy is this year, Detroit last etc....I reckon the College Champs should get a crack at them. Run it as a double header on TV with the Pro Bowl or something. I wonder how close this years Sooners (or even last years Miami) would go to kicking this years Bengal arse?

Been away on long service leave for 2 months, so while there's no hope winning, I'm in from now just for fun's sake.

Atlanta
Buffalo
Philly
Pittsburgh
Dallas
Indy
Tampa Bay
Houston (geez I'd love to pick Bengals this week though)
San Diego
Seattle
St Louis
Oakland
Giants
Green Bay

Saints travelling nicely so far.................

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by The Hippie

You were saying.....

heh heh heh... insert big, red, embarrassed smilie here. :eek:

For those who missed it... Cincinnati 38, Houston 3. Man, did I ever get that one wrong.

And the Raiders lost again, 23-20 in overtime against the 49ers. Could not stop Terrel Owens, and could not stop the Niners on 3rd down. Game was lost right there, brothers...

But from what I saw on the nfl.com site, my other pics seemed to be generally successful, I hope. :)

Cheers,
William

Remove this Banner Ad

Back