2007 Toyota AFL Grand Final - Geelong Cats Vs Port Adelaide Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats will destroy the power, no team is near the cats, this game will be a blowout, expect a 50 point + win for the cats.

let me see... which team was the last team to beat geelong..? oh look! it's the power!

the cats didn't dominate on friday night. they're no certainties on saturday. favourites yes. certainties no.

My thoughts are, if we win, it will be a close one.

If we lose, it will be by a considerable margin.

I'm thinking Choco and the boys will have a few tricks up the sleeve. Port Adelaide by 9 points.

Port by 5 points

Ebert winning goal after siren

Rodan for Norm Smith

Brent Harvey for Brownlow

Coburg VFL winners

Judd to Collingwood

Storm for NRL Premiers

Shaun Tait for Allan Border Medal

Chas Licciardello for PM.

I reckon Port by a couple of goals. Cat deserve the cup more that any team this season, but Ports have 12 players with the big day in September experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

let me see... which team was the last team to beat geelong..? oh look! it's the power!

the cats didn't dominate on friday night. they're no certainties on saturday. favourites yes. certainties no.

Not according to The Age, who reckoned on Saturday that the Cats already have the flag in the bag. :(

In what should be a cracking grand final i hope the CATS win it and win well... I hate Port s**t... Geelong have been the best side all year and deserve to win it....

Tip: Geelong by 9pts

Norm Smith: Jimmy Bartel.. Love ya work Jimmy... Good luck to the PERTH boi Joel Corey:):thumbsu:

As a lifetime, (I'm 29), Cats supporter, I want nothing more than my beloved team to finally win the big one. Unfortunately though, I think they'll crack under the pressure and lose yet again. It isn't that I don't think they can't beat Port, they can, and if this wasn't a grand final, they would, but something tells me this year isn't going to be any different to the previous Grand Finals we've played in. Port by 5 goals, sigh...

Coburg VFL winners

GEELONG 3.5 5.13 12.19 17.24 (126)

COBURG 1.2 4.5 4.6 7.10 (52)

GOALS:

Geelong – Lonergan 6, Davenport 2, Hawkins 2, Gardiner, Grima, Djerrkura, Gamble, Hogan, Varcoe, Cheep.

Coburg – Jackson 2, Connors 2, Hill, Krakouer, Oakley-Nicholls

Port by 5 points tba

Ebert winning goal after siren tba

Rodan for Norm Smith tba

Brent Harvey for Brownlow wrong

Coburg VFL winners wrong

Judd to Collingwood tba (unlikely)

Storm for NRL Premiers tba

Shaun Tait for Allan Border Medal tba

Chas Licciardello for PM. too close to call

Yet to pick one right. :thumbsu:

Both sides have some really sad supporters...but thats not the reason I am picking one over the other...

Based on form alone I am tipping Geelong to win. They have been the better side for most of the year and while Port have played some great football I think they are still a year away from having a genuine chance at a flag ( yes I know playing in a GF is a genuine chance)

I am one of those who subscribe to the 30 second theory. 30 seconds of football was the difference to Port finishing 2nd and 6th. That Port were good enough to stand up in those 30 seconds will hold them strong in a close game...but I dont think it will be close

Cats by 38

Sides

Port Adelaide's 2007 AFL Grand Final side is...

B: Michael Pettigrew, Toby Thurstans, Jacob Surjan
HB: Domenic Cassisi, Troy Chaplin, Peter Burgoyne
C: Steven Salopek, Kane Cornes, David Rodan
HF: Daniel Motlop, Warren Tredrea, Danyle Pearce
F: Brendon Lade, Justin Westhoff, Brett Ebert
Foll: Dean Brogan, Chad Cornes, Shaun Burgoyne
Interchange: Travis Boak, Brad Symes, Tom Logan, Darryl Wakelin

Emergencies: Alipate Carlile, Greg Bentley, Nathan Lonie

IN: Symes
OUT: Wilson (achillies)

The Geelong side is as follows...

B: Tom Harley, Matthew Scarlett, Josh Hunt