Draft Review 2011 - Redo the 2011 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand why people are dropping chad down as he stagnated a little bit.

If he continues his form in the midfield though, he is easily the first picked in this draft

I'd take all of Laird, Patton, Mitchell, Wingard, Conigilio, Docherty over Greene
Greene has progressively improved year on year. Im starting to view him as one of the top 10 players in the comp.
Dangerous in the middle or up forward. Good in the air or on the ground.
Balances small forward with HFF/mid. And plays consistent 4 quarter football.

Not many would rate him as their number 1 from this draft, but i can't ignore how he does so much so well.

Revised:
1. Chad Wingard
2. Tom Mitchell
3. Toby Greene
4. Sam Docherty
5. Jonathan Patton
6. Taylor Adams
7. Nick Haynes
8. Stephen Coniglio
9. Rory Laird
10. Elliott Yeo
11. Dom Tyson
12. Brad Hill
13. Tory Dickson
14. Jarrod Witts
15. Sebastian Ross
16. Aaron Hall
17. Brandon Ellis
18. Jack Crisp
19. Devon Smith
20. Jack Newnes

HM: Buntine, Crozier, Bell, Biggs, Hoskin-Elliott, Blicavs
On current form or career not sure how you could have Witts ahead of guys like Seb Ross

Career, hence why Wingard is first (would have him further down)
On which planet has Witts had a better career than Ross, who has played 20 more games than him, has a top 5 B&F finish to his name and is likely to win his club's B&F this year and come top 15-20 in the Brownlow?

Revised:
1. Chad Wingard
2. Tom Mitchell
3. Toby Greene
4. Sam Docherty
5. Jonathan Patton
6. Taylor Adams
7. Nick Haynes
8. Stephen Coniglio
9. Rory Laird
10. Elliott Yeo
11. Dom Tyson
12. Brad Hill
13. Tory Dickson
14. Jarrod Witts
15. Sebastian Ross
16. Aaron Hall
17. Brandon Ellis
18. Jack Crisp
19. Devon Smith
20. Jack Newnes

HM: Buntine, Crozier, Bell, Biggs, Hoskin-Elliott, Blicavs
You can't seriously rate Adams infront of Conigilio, Laird and Yeo...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greene has progressively improved year on year. Im starting to view him as one of the top 10 players in the comp.
Dangerous in the middle or up forward. Good in the air or on the ground.
Balances small forward with HFF/mid. And plays consistent 4 quarter football.

Not many would rate him as their number 1 from this draft, but i can't ignore how he does so much so well.
Bloke is a dead set gun.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On which planet has Witts had a better career than Ross, who has played 20 more games than him, has a top 5 B&F finish to his name and is likely to win his club's B&F this year and come top 15-20 in the Brownlow?
Witts has been quietly having a very good year up at the Suns, probably a 5-8 best ruckman this year. Previous 22under22 ruck and proved to be a very serviceable ruck during his time at Collingwood. Very close to Ross regarding career achievements

Witts has been quietly having a very good year up at the Suns, probably a 5-8 best ruckman this year. Previous 22under22 ruck and proved to be a very serviceable ruck during his time at Collingwood. Very close to Ross regarding career achievements
No, not close. Going by your ratings of those who play or played for Collingwood, if Seb played for Collingwood and Witts never had I'd say you wouldn't think it was even close.

Again, you're basing it on their careers and one has played 30% more games and has a top 5 in a B&F, to go with a probable B&F win and strong finish to the Brownlow this year, while the other has prior to this year been "serviceable" and this year probably not good enough to win a club B&F.

Last edited:
Witts has a de above 20% though
So does Seb, 72.5% in fact. Some of his kicking in the last half of the year has been poor, but he's run himself ragged trying to lift our midfield this year with Steven playing injured and it has affected his kicking of late, but for the previous year and a half it had been one of the strengths of his game and he hardly missed a target.

If his disposal was bad he'd also average far more than the 2.8 clangers per game that he's averaging this year. Maybe more like the 3.4 for Gaff or the 3.5 for Shuey?

Last edited:
No, not close. Going by your ratings of those who play or played for Collingwood, if Seb played for Collingwood and Witts never had I'd say you wouldn't think it was even close.

Again, you're basing it on their careers and one has played 30% more games and has a top 5 in a B&F, to go with a probable B&F win and strong finish to the Brownlow this year, while the other has prior to this year been "serviceable" and this year probably not good enough to win a club B&F.
Nah, nothing to do with that at all. I was very critical of Witts at Collingwood, it's only since he's left that I look back and see he wasn't that bad. Since you're such a hero, where's your list where we can all awe at Ross being top three

Conilgio similar
Laird yes
Yeo yes

Laird and Yeo are better in their respective positions but Adams is more important to a teams' structure and plays in a harder role. Insanely underrated player,
Its more important to constantly give the ball back to the opposition?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back