12- Brisbane
13- Geelong
14- Dogs
15- Port
16- Gold Coast
17- Melborune
18- GWS

just watch :thumbsu:

Hahaha I'm not going to knock it... well, maybe I am. Essendon have no chance of finishing 3rd - unless we bring Judd, Griffin, Cooney, Swan,
Pendlebury, Murphy etc. to the club. Thanks for the "honours" though! :thumbsu:

:rolleyes:

Richmond are going to make the finals are they?

Oh I love these skeptics. Last year if someone had put Eagles in their top 8, they would have been caned.

You have as much factual knowledge about 2012 as he does. None. You have an informed opinion, he has an informed opinion. His opinion probably centres around Vickery owning CHF, Riewoldt to win the Coleman, Rance owning CHB, finding a good ruckman, moving Deledio into the midfield along with Foley, Martin and Cotchin, having Newman and Houli generate real drive of half back without Deledio, and having players like Nahas, King, Morton, Webberly, Conca and Grimes continuing good form or improving drastically.

There is 16 players. If most can win their positions week in, week out, there is no reason they can't make finals. Do I know if the above will happen? No. But it is just a prediction. Just like the other guys.

Jesus.

edit: Sorry about singling you out and attacking, just the final one I read.

Completely disagree.

Cox, Kerr, Glass, Embley, Butler, Priddis etc.....all had great years, all are experienced players. With the exception of maybe one or two, all of your old match winners had great years.

Cox, Kerr and Embley in particular all looked completely past it 2008-2010 due to bad form and injury. Complete turn around.

Much more of your improvement was due to that than the improvement to the younger blokes. They improved as well, but to suggest that it was Ebert, Brown, Scofield etc. leading you to the top 4.....no way.

A fit and firing Cox by himself is worth an extra win or two per season.

Provided that injury doesn't strike too hard, i see the Eagles having a similar year to this year. 3rd-6th.

North and Freo to be the bolters.

Hmmm totally agree except for the call on North.

Everyone just picks us to slide because it's the easy option. Yeah we got terrific seasons out of some older players like Cox, Embley, Glass etc but to honest, that's expected. Glass is an elite defender, we expect him to be class, Cox is a 5 time AA and the best ruck in the comp. We expect him to be good. Embley finding terrific form was a bonus. But the real improvement came from our younger players. NN took strides forward, Kennedy is getting better and more important. Ebert, Masten, Shuey, Scooter, McKenzie, Schofield, Gaff, Darling etc all showed plenty and will get better and better.

I think we will definitely play finals. If we keep our pressure up like we did last season, tackling and forward pressure then there is no reason why we cant finish top 4 again.

not sure who besides you expected Cox and your senior blokes to have a terrific season this year. big stretch to say it was expected. Eagles had a great draw + great run with injuries. not likely they will have the same run, and personally not sold they can do as well if they don't.

1 Collingwood
2 Geelong (1/2/3 could change)
3 Hawthorn
4 Carlton
5 West Coast ( 4/5 could change)
6 Fremantle
7 NM
8 Essendon(7,8,9 could change)
9 Sydney
10 Saints
11 Richmond
12 Demons
13 Crows
14 Adelaide
15 Gc
16 Dogs
17 PA
18 GWS

Nab Cup - Irrelevant to the season
Premiers - Geelong runners up Hawthorn
Brownlow - Mitchell
Coleman- Buddy

Don't watch the footy?

Wow! I'm surprised at how many have the Swans in the 8 this year.

LOL at Richmond supporters predicting the Tigers will make the 8.

Hardwick will be sacked by round 18!!

You wish.

Alot in here wish.

Actually a ton do.

Just like the media.:p

Sydney lost to many games they should have won last year ? Since when will games won in 2011 be added to what you win 2012 ? :rolleyes: This is why threads like this are a complete waste of time. Its a given they are not close to challenging for a premiership just now but again went to 2nd week of finals after beating the premiers at their fortress a couple of weeks before finals.Year was a big passmark considering bookends Bolton and Bradshaw never got on the ground and Johnson and Reid bobbed up and showed given time they will more than fill their shoes. As far as Goodes not getting any younger the same morons said the Swans would die when Paul Kelly retired.We know what happened there dont we,a flag a couple of years later ! Swans will fall like every club does at some stage but if your going to predict it and then give your prognosis, try coming up with something better than the first thing that comes into your head :rolleyes:.
Ouch, looks like I hit a nerve.

First of all, these threads are a bit of fun so you shouldn't take them so seriously. Sorry I didn't write a full page essay on why I think the Swans might miss the 8 next year. To be honest I think you guys will be there abouts. The positions between 5th and 10th will be really tight.

Secondly, I don’t think the SCG is the fortress it once was. Usually very hard to come away with a win at the SCG but this year you got beaten by Geelong, Carlton, Hawthorn and Fremantle. All very good teams in their own right but I just feel your game plan is not as suited to the SCG as it once was.

Also, like West Coast a lot of Sydney’s older players really stood up this year. Goodes, O’Keefe and Bolton all had terrific years but all are on the wrong side of 30 and can’t be expected to perform at that level next season. Goodes kicked 40 goals this season, if he cannot reproduce that form next year a lot of weight comes onto Reid who is only young and that is a lot of pressure for a second year player.

The next tier down of established midfielders including: Kennedy, McVeigh, McGlynn and Jack are solid players and will need to step up a level for you to make finals next season.

Don’t get me wrong, I think you guys have the potential to challenge in the future. Players like Hannebury, Reid, Johnson and Rohan will all be future A-graders so there is a lot to look forward to at the Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Carlton
4. West Coast
5. Sydney
6. Geelong
7. Fremantle
8. Essendon
9. Richmond
10. St Kilda
11. North Melbourne
12. Melbourne
13. Western Bulldogs
14. Adelaide
15. Gold Coast Suns
16. Brisbane
17. Port Adelaide
18. GWS

NAB Cup: Irrelavent
Premiers: Collingwood
Brownlow: Pendlebury/Fyfe
Coleman: Buddy/Walker/Cloke

Collingwood will bounce back from the Grand Final loss of 2011 and will once again be strong contenders/favourites for the flag. Geelong will still be in contention for top 4, but won't have the same sting as they did when they won all of their premierships. Hawthorn and West Coast will hold onto their respective spots in the top 4.

Nat Fyfe from Freo will have a breakout year and will be in Brownlow contention despite his age.

Freo, Essendon, Richmond and St Kilda will fill out 7th-10th, but they could finish in any order.

1. Carlton
2. Hawthorn
3. Geelong
4. Collingwood
5. West Coast
6. North Melbourne
7. Essendon
8. Sydney
9. Richmond
10. Fremantle
11. St. Kilda
12. Melbourne
13. Western Bulldogs
14. Adelaide
15. Brisbane
16. Gold Coast
17. Port Adelaide
18. GWS

6-11 is very hard to envisage. All teams will be near in points.

But the main thing is that Carlton will be premiers.

1. Hawthorn
2. Carlton
3. Collingwood
4. Fremantle
5. Geelong
6. West Coast Eagles
7. North Melbourne
8. Essendon
9. Sydney Swans
10. Richmond
11. Melbourne
12. Adelaide
13. St Kilda
14. Brisbane Lions
15. Gold Coast
16. Western Bulldogs
17. Port Adelaide
18. Greater Western Sydney

Brownlow: Sam Mitchell tied with.... Watto Jr if he can actually play a full season.
Coleman: Travis Cloke
Norm Smith: Kade Simpson
Premiers: Carlton

This is based on a thorough analysis of nothing in particular, and has been pulled out of my posterior. It is, more than likely, complete and utter bulldust.

We can only hope so.

This thread is completely pointless before trade week, the draft and the fixture announcement but still, the offseason is really boring.

1. Hawthorn
2. Collingwood
3. West Coast
4. Carlton
5. Geelong
6. Fremantle
7. Sydney
8. North Melbourne

9. Richmond
10. Essendon
11. St Kilda
12. Melbourne
13. Gold Coast
14. Adelaide
15. Brisbane
16. Western Bulldogs
17. Port Adelaide
18. GWS

FINALS:

Week 1
Hawthorn d Carlton
West Coast d Collingwood
Geelong d North Melbourne
Fremantle d Sydney

Week 2
Geelong d Carlton
Collingwood d Fremantle

Week 3
Hawthorn d Collingwood
West Coast d Geelong

GF
West Coast d Hawthorn

Brownlow: Shuey
Coleman: Buddy
Norm Smith: Naitanui
Premiers: West Coast

Wishful thinking? Most likely.
Care factor? Zero.

Stop being an arrogant twat, the Tigers have more improvement in them than the Swans do.

I wouldn't say that, I'd say that the Tigers have more room to improve their peformance week in week out than Sydney (protip its because they lose more than the swans).

But improvement list wise? I'd say they both have roughly the same amount of improvement left in them as eachother and it just doesn't apear that way because the list is more balanced age wise and you notice the stars a whole lot more, not to mention the players waiting in the wings can't crack a game because of them. With Richmond you notice nothing but the youth and upside because most of their best players are young players, its presented to you week in and week out.

I mean our FF and CHF have about 75ish games between them for example...not much improvement left in these KPFs is there? And even less from the likes of hanners, rohan (1st round pick), smith, johnson, johnston (1st round pick), lamb (1st round pick), parker, jetta (1st round pick), pyke, everitt (1st round pick), mitchell (1st round pick), heath...et al

As said above, probably pointless before trade week, national draft and the fixture.

But if I had to guess..

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Geelong
4. Carlton
5. West Coast
6. Essendon
7. North Melbourne
8. Sydney
9. Fremantle
10. Richmond
11. Brisbane
12. Adelaide
13. Footscray
14. St Kilda
15. Melbourne
16. Gold Coast
17. Port Adelaide
18. Western Sydney

Week 1
Coll 101 v Carl 84
Haw 71 v Geel 95
WCE 91 V Syd 86
Ess 104 v North 96

Week 2
Carl 111 v WCE 89
Haw 117 v Ess 93

Week 3
Coll 75 v Haw 79
Geel 107 v Carl 56

Grand Final
Geelong 128 v Haw 84

I'm sure hindsight will prove me hideously wrong..!

Dunno why everyones writing off the Saints so early, they may be in a rabble at the moment, but they still have a very strong list..

1. Pies
2. Geelong
3. Hawks
4. Carlton
5. WCE
6. St Kilda
7. Sydney
8. Dons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back