News 2013 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't get on the Freo bandwagon, can't get on the Hawks bandwagon. The only positive is that Hawks will lose two grand finals in a row or Ross Lyon and Freo will pen another chapter of failure.

It's only just sinking in that we won't get that sweet sensation of winning a grand final again this year. :( It doesn't seem to long ago when I jumped from my chair in joy when Malceski kicked the goal to seal it. That AFL 360 package of the Grand Final still gives me goosebumps.

Do you reckon they will bring back the "holding the ball" or "incorrect disposal" rules / interpretations next year?

Just reflecting on the AFL vs membership club control

AFL - Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Gold Coast & West Sydney

Not a bad portfolio in the bigger picture especially if a couple more Melbourne clubs get into trouble eg Western Bulldogs and Saints. Eastern seaboard covered with Melbourne (Central) Dogs (West) and Saints (SE corridor). If I we're an inner suburban Melb powerhouse club I'd be a bit concerned at the strategic risks they face if they take on the AFL. Just ask Essendon. Just scenario planning.....in a fight the AFL only needs support of SANFL and WAFL and it's check mate.

On the Marn Grook footy show the King (who has been great on the show all year for those who watch it) tipped the Dockers to get up in the grand final after being reminded of his early season prediction that they would miss the eight, he wore it pretty well :thumbsu:

Chad Wingard won indigenous player of the year, great choice!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone see the flog Clarkson on The Footy Show still making excuses for last years loss? Poor little petals had to work so hard to make the 4 after a slow start that it took soooooo much out of them. Hey Al. You're coaching a GF in two days, might be a good time to let it go dude.

One of the highlights of last years premiership for me was my brother and I walking past crown to get back to our hotel after the post game celebrations had finished and seeing Clarkson sitting in the front passenger seat of a taxi vacantly staring off into the distance wondering what could have been.

At the time I kinda felt bad for the guy but every now and again he says or does something that pisses me off and I think about that look on his face and laugh.

One of the highlights of last years premiership for me was my brother and I walking past crown to get back to our hotel after the post game celebrations had finished and seeing Clarkson sitting in the front passenger seat of a taxi vacantly staring off into the distance wondering what could have been.

At the time I kinda felt bad for the guy but every now and again he says or does something that pisses me off and I think about that look on his face and laugh.
You have no idea how much I wish I could have been there to see that. As it is, I love the pain that is so evident amongst Hawthorn supporters on here. If we are lucky enough to see Freo win tomorrow the torrent of abuse and vitriol that is directed towards some of the Hawthorn flogs on here will be glorious.

I've been right on the Freo train all week and I still think they are primed to take out the grand final but I am swinging back towards Hawthorn today for some reason, they are a better team this year and will use last year's loss as their motivation. Just thinking that they might have too much firepower for even Freo to shut down. If both teams bring their best games it could be another classic grand final. I actually do like Clarko, my mum's close friend is from Kaniva, but I think I still have to go Freo.

(EDIT: No grand final could be better than last year's, for obvious reasons!)

I think Hawthorn will get through Freo defence by playing the short kick picking out targets.

This assumes they'll be taking plenty of uncontested marks, which doesn't happen too much in GFs, and I certainly imagine that Freo would be primed to shut this down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back