Player Sponsorship 2013 Season Launch - Tuesday 19th of March

Remove this Banner Ad

Missus isnt well at the moment so I'd be going on my own, so take me out of the draw for the season launch. Happy to sit this one out rather than wasting a ticket with just me going

Now that's what I want to see some dam pride in us as supporters and as a club, we are tough, we don't throw in the towel, we revel in being the underdog, and we love it when we stick it up em.:)

Games that show the spirit of the Bulldogs - Round 22 against Collingwood who went on to play in a GF while we were near the bottom after Terry Wallace walked out. The 2006 elimination final against Collingwood, the time we beat West Coast in Perth, breaking their run there, the time we finally beat Geelong and shut that mob up. Essendon in 2000, even the Carlton game in 2010 after the trouble Aker made for the club, ah good times:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After watching that video I feel really, really bad that I won't be able to be there yet again this year. It's been two years. I've been back here 13 long years as of Thursday of this week.

I'll be there in spirit as usual. Keep the dream alive.

Any details on the letter Peter Gordon read out Ant_ I was curious when you posted this :p

Busy with work, will post up some details later today.

Feel free to bug Dogs54 as well :)

Busy with work, will post up some details later today.

Feel free to bug Dogs54 as well :)

I went to the season launch last night and sat with Ant and his lovely partner.

Firstly cudos to the WB staff who organised the event it was fantastic. Great venue, food and entertainment and of course all the Bulldog players and coaches were present and easily accessible (except Cooney who was ill).

The highlight of the night was the speech by Peter Gordon. He gave us a realistic assessment of where the club was at and what it wanted to achieve in 2013 and beyond. He emphasized that no one was happy with the performance last year and the focus was on improvement but we have to be patient. The link in Dannnnn's post provides more detail. Peter's speech went over really well because he spoke from the heart and with Bulldog passion. It was inspiring and I have no doubt that everyone in the club is doing the best job to improve our performance in 2013.

From a supporters perspective we need to do whatever we can to increase our membership and get to as many games as possible as our support is critical to the club and team performance.

Also got to speak with Liam Jones, Ayce Cordy, JJ and Brett Goodes. Liam is focussed, confident and will be in for a good year. Ayce promised 30 goals this year. JJ was focussing on getting a game and doing his best. Brett Goodes was sensational and such a great story, you couldn't wipe the smile from his face and he has an infectious positive belief that both he and the team will much perform better this year.

Both my wife and I came away with very positive feelings about the entire club knowing that they will do the best for the supporters. Lets hope the supporters can do the best by the club

Makes me so angry I have to work round 1. I was really keen to go & that video makes it worse! :mad:
This video is amazing, as I've said before. But where's Scott West???
My favorite player of all time, and arguably one of the best of all time from any team. Surely he deserves a mention!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back