Prediction 2016 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet on the flip side they nominated ******* Matthew Boyd (a midfielder who polled 2 Brownlow votes)

Tom Scully. Fifth or sixth banana in a rampant GWS side, with a healthy serve of "you finally proved'em wrong lol"

Gee, Sam Lloyd has a bad case of dandruff...or did Dusty spill something...?

2b17d2e922aea1a8b350456d996527a3

Talking Brownlow...

Here is the 1945 SANFL Grand Final lineup for Port Adelaide.

WWII ended 27 days before the game.

Haydn Bunton Jr before his season with Port Adelaide won three Brownlow's and three Sandover medals.

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 12.49.48 AM.png

Dat ruckline is something else...

However it wasn't enough to get the team over the line losing 15.25 (115) to 15.12 (102) to West Torrens.

These were from a list of odd bets, multi or straight. One of them was Mabior Chol to win the Brownlow although I don't think the bloke who lost $5 from that one will lose too much sleep over it.
$10,000 Multi @ $4.55 on Patrick Dangerfield (2016 Brownlow) / Sydney (2016 AFL premiership)
Still stands to win the entire stake of $45500.
$5000 the win / $15,000 the place at $6/$2.25 on Dustin Martin
I don't bet on footy but I assume a place in footy is the same as horse racing, anything up to third. If that is correct then the second bettor has won $15Kx2.25=$33750-$5000=$28750. Fair night's work.

Last edited:
Medal should've been renamed in 1990.

**** it bugs me.

Why?

In a parallel universe where the VFL collapsed under the weight of multiple bankruptcies and the SANFL formed the nucleus of the competition, how would your average SA footy fan feel if all such gripes were levelled at us?

- Change the name of the Magarey
- Change the name of the Ken Farmer Medal
- Change the name of the Jack Oatey Medal
- Only count premierships from 1990
- Let Collingwood wear their black and white stripes Port!!1

We'd tell'em to get schtuffed.

What a farcical event. Tim to move on Bruce. The number of betting adds is ludicrous. Robbie can win a Charlie if Ryder stays fit and our other mids provide suitable and consistent support. If he can maintain averages and kick 40+ goals.

Pity they did not have a clanger highlights package and award. Would have cleaned up

Can you imagine what we would have to go through if he was still at Adelaide... my god

Can hear Rowe now.

Don't worry the masochists among us will still have to endure Crowie waxing lyrical about Patrick Dangerfield being, 'a product of the Crows development programme' and 'how nice it was to hear this fine young man pay tribute to the Crows in his acceptance speech'.

The rationale will be that Patrick Dangerfield is not really a Geelong player but a Crow who happens to play for Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've noted more of his fellow commentators calling him "Hammer" these days and it's so ill fitting. I imagine him walking into meetings pushing the "Hammer" nickname, like when George Coatanza wanted his fellow Play Now employees to call him "T-Bone".

"But you're such a classic Hame".

Why?

In a parallel universe where the VFL collapsed under the weight of multiple bankruptcies and the SANFL formed the nucleus of the competition, how would your average SA footy fan feel if all such gripes were levelled at us?

We would, but you miss the point tribey.

The Magarey etc are still competed for in a uniquely South Australian environment. The Brownlow and Coleman are awards that are made in what is supposed to be a national competition. The AFL is now old enough to have it's own heroes and elite performers. With due respect to Chas Brownlow and John Coleman, who must have been significant contributors to the VFL, their input into the AFL was zilch. As I posted elsewhere, re badge the Brownlow as the Barrassi Medal and the Coleman the Lockett Medal. Of course both Barassi and Lockett are Victorians but both had a significant impact on the AFL.

Do not make the mistake of believing that none of the VFL clubs were facing collapse. Both Fitzroy and South Melbourne relocated and Footscray, Hawthorn Melbourne and North Melbourne were faced with the prospect of mergers at one time or another. The AFL and the subsequent media deals undoubtedly helped a few of the old VFL clubs out.

As an old time Port supporter I believe I have made plenty of concessions as my side has forfeited the Magpie emblem, cannot wear it's traditional guernsey with out the express approval of a Victorian club, only plays 11 games in Adelaide and has had to operate under a father and son rule that put it at a real disadvantage compared to it's VFL counterparts. How many concessions do you think a Collingwood supporter has made? Is it too much to ask the Victorians to surrender some of the tradition that is steeped in the VFL's past and to embrace the national competition?

You might have a bit too much Dwayne Russell in the tank.

That horrendous Alex Lloyd interlude would have been a Hamish MacLachlan suggestion. Such a Hame song.
Alex is one of those "why guy artists" even 25-kegs ago in his pomp.. I mean you could find a more talented busker on the streets of every city by 10 am daily.

Why?

Yep spot on

Don't worry the masochists among us will still have to endure Crowie waxing lyrical about Patrick Dangerfield being, 'a product of the Crows development programme' and 'how nice it was to hear this fine young man pay tribute to the Crows in his acceptance speech'.

The rationale will be that Patrick Dangerfield is not really a Geelong player but a Crow who happens to play for Geelong.

Credit to danger, he handled the trading process very well.

But the truth is, he is a Geelong native who grew up dreaming to play for Geelong and sought a trade on that basis.

Fair play, Brad Ebert did the same thing.

Alex is one of those "why guy artists" even 25-kegs ago in his pomp.. I mean you could find a more talented busker on the streets of every city by 10 am daily.

The long-haired keyboard player in Rundle Mall. Old mate plays some funky ass s**t. Gonna buy his CD next time I see him. He looks a bit like the late Taylor Negron...

Talking Brownlow...

Here is the 1945 SANFL Grand Final lineup for Port Adelaide.

WWII ended 27 days before the game.

Haydn Bunton Jr before his season with Port Adelaide won three Brownlow's and three Sandover medals.

View attachment 293373

Dat ruckline is something else...

However it wasn't enough to get the team over the line losing 15.25 (115) to 15.12 (102) to West Torrens.

Good post.

Bob Quinn is as legendary as they come, they could make a movie about his career and war time achievements.

Who here can say they wouldn't try and engineer a trade to Port Adelade if they were drafted to another club?
Every player in the AFL grew up supporting one team or another. It's up to the club each player is drafted to to hard wire the club's culture into every players heart and mind. The Adelaide Crows clearly have difficulty with this. Phil Walsh knew it, hence his call for the crows to become an "authentic football club".

Where would i find a list of most career votes for a port player in the Brownlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back