List Mgmt. 2016 Father Son Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Lolwut? Why? We'll have more than enough currency for them both, both are regarded as draftable prospects, and both seem to be moving up the ratings. Unless someone makes a stupid early bid, there's no reason not to draft them both.

The only reason we would draft both is if they're both the best available at both our picks.. with such an open draft pool isn't the chance of that pretty slim?

I mean if we didn't know their last names and had only seen their highlights what chance would we put on us drafting both of them?

You couldn't be anymore wrong about Daicos. He's all class. Go watch instead of making assumptions that he's rated due to his name. He won't make it past Round 3.

Round 3 isn't exactly a high standard though is it?

The vast majority of kids drafted in the 3rd round end up delisted fairly quickly

The only reason we would draft both is if they're both the best available at both our picks.. with such an open draft pool isn't the chance of that pretty slim?

I mean if we didn't know their last names and had only seen their highlights what chance would we put on us drafting both of them?
Valid points.
A combination of list fits, availability and name means they will more than likely be drafted.
Like for like players and we'll go with the name.

Not really. A lot of the guess work has been taken out of F/S bid matching in the new system. Unless a bid is made very close to our next pick and we have another player rated higher, it's unlikely a bid won't be matched.

If pick 27 is bid for Brown for example, do you think Hine would take a gamble that a better player would be available at our next pick at 43? Or do you think he'd play the percentages and grab Brown?

If anything, the new system makes it more likely that clubs will safely get their F/S prospects imo. If the current system was being used in 2012 i'd wager that James Stewart would be at Collingwood and not GWS.

Round 3 isn't exactly a high standard though is it?

The vast majority of kids drafted in the 3rd round end up delisted fairly quickly
He'll be bid on in the 2nd or late 2nd round. You have no clue. Go watch them.

Not really. A lot of the guess work has been taken out of F/S bid matching in the new system. Unless a bid is made very close to our next pick and we have another player rated higher, it's unlikely a bid won't be matched.

If pick 27 is bid for Brown for example, do you think Hine would take a gamble that a better player would be available at our next pick at 43? Or do you think he'd play the percentages and grab Brown?

If anything, the new system makes it more likely that clubs will safely get their F/S prospects imo. If the current system was being used in 2012 i'd wager that James Stewart would be at Collingwood and not GWS.

Well "playing the percentages" depends entirely on how Hine rates certain players, you're making the assumption that Hine even rates Brown/Daicos.

I highly doubt someone is going to bid for either of the boys far earlier than our 1st pick, for a midget to go top 30 they really need to be AA level at junior ranks if history is anything to go by. If someone bids around our pick then Hine will just rate them as another prospect in amongst a massive pool

Well "playing the percentages" depends entirely on how Hine rates certain players, you're making the assumption that Hine even rates Brown/Daicos.
And you seem to be making the assumption he doesn't?
I highly doubt someone is going to bid for either of the boys far earlier than our 1st pick, for a midget to go top 30 they really need to be AA level at junior ranks if history is anything to go by. If someone bids around our pick then Hine will just rate them as another prospect in amongst a massive pool
Well given that Brown is a current AA then you'd agree it's entirely possible that Brown is selected within the top 30! I'm glad we agree on something!

I dunno if it has been posted or not, but I watched a few minutes of Pendles Live on Facebook after the game on Saturday night.

One question put to him was about Brown and Daicos. He admitted he hadn't seen much (any?) of Daicos but had seen a bit of Brown and was excited. Said he was really hard, clean hands, "basically made for AFL footy" I think was his exact quote. Looked forward to playing with him next year... "if we select him".

The video is probably re-watchable but that's just going off memory. Thought it was interesting that he'd find the time to watch an u18s game.

He is AA at junior level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you seem to be making the assumption he doesn't?

Well given that Brown is a current AA then you'd agree it's entirely possible that Brown is selected within the top 30! I'm glad we agree on something!

I'm saying that in a big draft pool of kids the chance we recruit both Daicos and Brown seems fairly unlikely.

It'll be a very interesting draft night

I'm saying that in a big draft pool of kids the chance we recruit both Daicos and Brown seems fairly unlikely.

I think you need to try being a bit more optimistic. I'll be shocked if they're not both taken tbh.

The decision to match any bids on Brown and Daicos will be made the day before the draft I believe? We'll know their fate before the draft even starts.

The decision to match any bids on Brown and Daicos will be made the day before the draft I believe? We'll know their fate before the draft even starts.
Nope. All done on draft day. Club makes a bid, we decide whether or not to match on the spot.

granted I've only seen the u18 carnival games but Daicos was underwhelming to me. maybe he's different in tac but he didn't chase or tackle and looked lazy. brown was the opposite and I was impressed by him.

Not fussed by Brown or Daicos, would like them both but don't want to be held ransom just because a club wants us to cough up a higher pick or worse, us giving up on a better player that fits our need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you've watched a bit of both of them, what would you pay for them if we take any bias out
Brown is looking increasingly likely to go second round. I'd be hesitant to take him if he was bid on before our first pick, but he's shown dramatic improvement this year. He had a reasonably quiet game last week, but the week before had ~30 disposals, 9 clearances and 2 goals. Was also named in this years AA team. Looks the goods, but can be inconsistent.

Daicos floats in and out of games a bit more, but when he gets the ball it usually results in quality. Haven't seen as much of him but probably needs to lift his work rate defensively. Has been super impressive overall though when taking in to consideration that this is his first year in an elite system. I'd have no issue taking him anywhere after pick 30 given its usually a crapshoot after then anyway.

We need to get some good photoshoppers in here and get them in Collingwood gurneys now.
Delorean will have them on Collingwood gurneys in no time. Brought to you by Blackmores.

Brown is looking increasingly likely to go second round. I'd be hesitant to take him if he was bid on before our first pick, but he's shown dramatic improvement this year. He had a reasonably quiet game last week, but the week before had ~30 disposals, 9 clearances and 2 goals. Was also named in this years AA team. Looks the goods, but can be inconsistent.

Daicos floats in and out of games a bit more, but when he gets the ball it usually results in quality. Haven't seen as much of him but probably needs to lift his work rate defensively. Has been super impressive overall though when taking in to consideration that this is his first year in an elite system. I'd have no issue taking him anywhere after pick 30 given its usually a crapshoot after then anyway.
Sureley daicos wears 35 no matter what and this rubbish so called tradition ends!!??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back