List Mgmt. 2016 Father Son Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a hypothetical.
You can't tell me there is absolutely no scenario where there may be a chance only to take one.
What if a bigger fish wants to come to us and we need to use our draft picks to get them.

Which one is better?
I've never seen either of them play, but the consensus around here seems to be that Brown is better now but Daicos has more potential. Feel pretty sure both will be on the list next year and look forward to seeing them in action.

If you got offered more money to do an easier job what would you do?
I understand that argument, but it's local footy ffs. He just wants to look like a hero.

The only scenario I can think of is if one of them gets bid on in the first round, which is extremely unlikely. JustInsideFifty explained it all a few posts back very well, especially the fixed discount working in our favour outside the first round.

Every realistic scenario I can think of brings me to the same conclusion, which is that if we want both the boys we'll get them.

Which one is better?

I understand that argument, but it's local footy ffs. He just wants to look like a hero.
Think you're being harsh. If I was still playing footy and got offered thousands of dollars to carry a crap team in a worse division I'd do it. It's not like Camerons mediocre career would have made him a rich man, after all.

Which one is better?
Brown is currently rated higher, but Daicos supposedly has a higher ceiling.

Neither have ever been in the conversation as likely to be selected before mid second round.

It's taken Picken a long long time to become a good player. Was a fair call to pass on him.

He's flown under the radar for the last 3-4 years, I dunno why. Probably the first player picked at the Dogs, the only debate is in what position. Skills massively underrated, hard as nails. Probably just not pretty enough to rate as a glamour boy, terrible haircut. Loved his work on Rioli at halftime on Friday, Cyril then basically disappeared from sight...

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-09-20/fathersons-to-feature-on-grand-final-eve

Four father-son prospects will have a final chance to impress during next week's NAB All-Stars under-18 clash on Grand Final eve.
Possible Collingwood pair Josh Daicos, the son of Peter, and Callum Brown, son of Gavin, will face-off in the Punt Road Oval clash next Friday, with Ben Jarman and Jake Waterman also selected.

The teams for the matches have been named after former AFL greats Chris Judd and Michael O'Loughlin, with outgoing NAB AFL Academy head coach Brenton Sanderson to coach the Judd side and Allies coach Tadhg Kennelly to head the O'Loughlin line-up.

The Collingwood Facebook page posted that article, describing it as:

"Brown vs Daicos in an All-Star showpiece.

A exciting glimpse of the future is coming to Punt Road next week."

Make of that what you will.

The Collingwood Facebook page posted that article, describing it as:

"Brown vs Daicos in an All-Star showpiece.

A exciting glimpse of the future is coming to Punt Road next week."

Make of that what you will.

Will it be on TV or Streamed?

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2016-09-20/fathersons-to-feature-on-grand-final-eve

Four father-son prospects will have a final chance to impress during next week's NAB All-Stars under-18 clash on Grand Final eve.
Possible Collingwood pair Josh Daicos, the son of Peter, and Callum Brown, son of Gavin, will face-off in the Punt Road Oval clash next Friday, with Ben Jarman and Jake Waterman also selected.

The teams for the matches have been named after former AFL greats Chris Judd and Michael O'Loughlin, with outgoing NAB AFL Academy head coach Brenton Sanderson to coach the Judd side and Allies coach Tadhg Kennelly to head the O'Loughlin line-up.

Is that on at Punt Road Oval? Near my work so I might take a look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like it, would be great viewing as a number of trade prospects will be playing.

Lot of top Prospects are in that Game. Be good to Compare how they go compared to the U-18 Champs

It's a hypothetical.
You can't tell me there is absolutely no scenario where there may be a chance only to take one.
What if a bigger fish wants to come to us and we need to use our draft picks to get them.

Which one is better?
Brown.

I can't wait for Brown to play against the Bombers...he can get some payback for the 1990 Grand Final Quarter time incident, there's a Daniher in need of an introduction to some 'Rowdy' behaviour.

We also have Gubby Allen back...I seem to recall he ran on the field & clocked someone during that rumble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back