Injury 2016 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard his head issues were a bit worse than advertised.
was also known pre-draft that he had suffered from a few concussions during his junior days and there was a worry that he could suffer permanent damage if he continued to get knocked out, so what you say doesn't surprise me in the slightest

was also known pre-draft that he had suffered from a few concussions during his junior days and there was a worry that he could suffer permanent damage if he continued to get knocked out, so what you say doesn't surprise me in the slightest

Good Bloke™ Lou Codge endorses this.

external

Fractured ankle for Austin, hip surgery for Fridge.

TWO POWER PLAYERS – Logan Austin and Cam O’Shea – have undergone post-season surgery, joining four others currently in rehabilitation following in-season operations.

Scans revealed an ankle fracture for Austin suffered in the Power’s final game against Gold Coast

He will be fit to return to running within six weeks.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2016-08-30/austin-joins-five-in-rehab

TWO POWER PLAYERS – Logan Austin and Cam O’Shea – have undergone post-season surgery, joining four others currently in rehabilitation following in-season operations.

Scans revealed an ankle fracture for Austin suffered in the Power’s final game against Gold Coast

That's interesting with Austin. Cant be as bad as I thought. I have seen people with same type of injury take at least 12 weeks to get complete movement of ankle.

Last edited:

Good to hear that Doogie will be running in 3 weeks.

Interesting that O'Shea got off season surgery, will he be staying on with Port? Is it standard practice to operate on players who we expect to delist / trade?

Ok so lets list the end of season operations for reference point from the club's story linked above.

Scans revealed an ankle fracture for Logan Austin suffered in the Power’s final game against Gold Coast He will be fit to return to running within six weeks. Austin – ankle – 6 weeks to return to running

O’Shea has undergone hip surgery and will be back on track within a month. O’Shea – hip – 4 weeks to return to running

Previous surgeries include
Chad Wingard, who has already returned to the track, Wingard – finger – returned to running
hip surgery to Jack Hombsch Hombsch – Hip – running in 3 weeks
and knee surgeries to Dougal Howard (ACL) Howard – ACL – running in 3 weeks and
Alipate Carlile (PCL) - Carlile – PCL – running in 2 weeks Retired today so no issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that O'Shea got off season surgery, will he be staying on with Port? Is it standard practice to operate on players who we expect to delist / trade?
The club would have a duty of care to do operations on all players that require them at the end of the season, I don't think this means Oshea is safe.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back