Analysis 2016 List Management Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodie definitely into the midfield from day one ala Selwood if he's drafted to us.

Pickett apparently wants to play on a HBF (and has the skills) while Palmer and Smedts offer mid/forward depth and goal-kicking nous.

But doesn't he struggle running both ways - I would of thought defensive skills are still needed to play in defense

thomas on a hbf? for his pace or kicking?

shouldnt be in the side from now on

First I thought his body will come good and he will add to the team
Then I thought he will get some confidence back and add value to the team
Then I thought stick him forward, we don't get the ball up that end much so he can't turn it over if he doesn't get it and we need his footy smarts and his leadership (actually at times we did the opposite???)

Now ........ we have leadership density, talent/depth that deserve game time and no one is going to be silly enough and trade for him so no point keeping him in the 1's. I think Daisy would look better in the mud at Preston Oval - my skills were shite but I could get away with it playing in the mud in the country.

Plant Daisy at Cramer Street I say, it needs some beautification and what better than an ex gun peroxide blonde

NB I think I went a bit far with this but after 3 years I can't see the value of him playing in anything but the magoos.

Round 1 as it stands with injuries in mind

B: Simmo - Marchbank - Plow
HB: Doc - Rowe - Bucks
C: Murph - CRIPPS - Summer
R: Kruz - Gibbs - E.Curnow
HF: C.Curnow - Wieters - Smedts
F: Palmer - Cas - SOSOS
Kedge - Wright - Cuningham - Thomas

McKay and PIckett to play VFL until there ready

I'm hoping Bucks fills the void left by 2e and Byrne but wouldn't surprise if we mix it up and go with someone else

I think that side if fully fit and on the same page could so some damage.

Wright, Kedge and Palmer can pinch hit in the middle

Thomas can pinch hit across half back....

Phillips is the tricky one.
IMO it's either 1 ruck and Levi or 2 tucks and 0 Levi's....

It also seems that sides are going in smaller these days and with players that are more flexible in the roles they play

Maybe Skittles? or will he be playing back at Hoppers Crossing in 2017
If not I fear I have found a failing in Boulton he is anti-hyphens - let's see whether we pick up SPS or SPP

Maybe Skittles? or will he be playing back at Hoppers Crossing in 2017
If not I fear I have found a failing in Boulton he is anti-hyphens - let's see whether we pick up SPS or SPP

JGM in trouble too.

Why do people insist on plugging Weitering in the forward line. The kid is a backman, an a bloody good one at that. Don't screw with his development and swing him around plugging holes. There are other players who are short term we can use for those purposes.
Yep agreed. Weitering is a backman. With Plow and March we have a decade long back three. Dont move him

With our list of forwards, Weitering is a fair way down the order for getting used there at present (remember how many of them were injured at the same time mid-year).

We're probably one solid KPD from good depth, but we've got JGM on the rookie list, and White can pinch hit. We'll probably restructure that next year when Rowe and White come out of contract.
JGM would be a long long way from AFL,he has been struggling at northern and his improvement has been moderate /slow considering the level he is at.....always be a depth player.

Weitering is fullback...very rarely may push him forward.keep him settled down back.we got young talls up front.

Simon White yep on till 2017,depth player.

WHO goes
Graham,Tutt,Sheehan,Whiley,Dvr,........Everitt wont go we could of traded him for a pick.

The Dream (Youth) Team (26 or under)

B Plowman, Glass-McCasker, Powell-Pepper
HB Byrne, Marchbank, Docherty
C Buckley, Cripps, Pickett
R Phillips, Brodie, Cuningham
HF C.Curnow, Weitering, 2018 Pick 3
F Sumner, McKay, Silvagni

INT/EMERG

Viojo-Rainbow
Boekhorst
Sheehan
Smedts
Gorringe
Graham
Jaksch
Lamb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do people insist on plugging Weitering in the forward line. The kid is a backman, an a bloody good one at that. Don't screw with his development and swing him around plugging holes. There are other players who are short term we can use for those purposes.

My point is LT nobody knows what will happen and personally I think JW is so talented and such a good kick maybe he ends up forward IF we have enough coverage down back (JGM, LP, CM) and IF we struggle to find a gun key forward (if HM doesn't come on).

I think ST yes he should play down back but LT anything can happen

I doubt Bolts even has a crystal ball

We saw how special JW is when he went forward late in that MCG game and kicked 2 goals, kid is a superstar and there's an old saying that you take a gun forward over a gun backman

But it all depends on how our other key backs and forwards develop

Apparently Buckley is set to re-sign, so that takes it down to 5 names for 4 delistings to in order to use pick 70 at the draft, or the full set for 6 picks + 1 DFA.

Didn't attract interest at the trade table and clearly the first of the 'un-signeds' to be granted a life-line.
Where did you hear this Jimmae ?

Every chance we'll drop another 3 - 4 players this coming week.

Imagine if JGM becomes a real quality big gorilla down back and CM becomes A Star intercept CHB type and LP becomes a really good 3rd defender

Maybe we then have the luxury to do other things with JW.

Make no mistake JW is a once a generation player

agree but i dont like the idea of making weitering a forward. he can pinch hit when needed but the idea of building a strong settled defence that will play together for 6-8 years is exciting and something to build a great side on

Didn't attract interest at the trade table and clearly the first of the 'un-signeds' to be granted a life-line.
Where did you hear this Jimmae ?

Every chance we'll drop another 3 - 4 players this coming week.
Easily 4. Same place everyone else has been.

Also any info on the following:
Marchbank and Pickett: are they currently injured or will they have a full pre-season. When do you expect them to play their first game for the Blues?
Byrne: When will he be recovered and back in contention to play again?

This.

Weitering will end his career as one of the greatest CHBs to have ever played the game. Why would we mess with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back