Draft Review 2016 - Revisiting the 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

After another excellent performance from Bolton i have changed my rating of him.

There is no player in the 2016 draft you would take ahead of him

If the 2016 draft was held tomorrow he would be Pick 1, ahead of Stewart, clug, Taranto ect

He has done it on the big stage, he has done it in finals, 2 flags and a key role in both, simply a star

You honestly think that Bolton would demand a higher contract than Clugga if they were both on the open market this year?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You honestly think that Bolton would demand a higher contract than Clugga if they were both on the open market this year?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That is a damn good question.

If you are saying that what a player gets paid is an important determinant in what they are worth as players ? It is pretty hard to disagree with that. Clearly however players at top clubs take less to win flags, but in this case, both Clug and Shai are both playing for top teams ....

Interesting question, lets work through it?

What do you think Clug is worth on the open market, in $ per year? Don't think Shai would be worth less.

I reckon, right now Bolton would be worth $600k a year, around about what Clug would earn .

What do you think?

That is a damn good question.

If you are saying that what a player gets paid is an important determinant in what they are worth as players ? It is pretty hard to disagree with that. Clearly however players at top clubs take less to win flags, but in this case, both Clug and Shai are both playing for top teams ....

Interesting question, lets work through it?

What do you think Clug is worth on the open market, in $ per year? Don't think Shai would be worth less.

I reckon, right now Bolton would be worth $600k a year, around about what Clug would earn .

What do you think?
I would pay $750k for McClug, Tarrato and McGrath. They have just been at a high consistent level for a long time. Taranto will bounce back in a big way injury free next year.

its a shame what happened to this thread. this is a very fun and interesting draft class to look at and discuss.
Don’t want to tell the mods what to do but Threadban for the 2 Tigers chaps wouldn’t be the worst idea. Anytime somebody makes a statement that doesn’t involve Shai Bolton the conversation just gets steered back that way. Been going on for quite a while now

Don’t want to tell the mods what to do but Threadban for the 2 Tigers chaps wouldn’t be the worst idea. Anytime somebody makes a statement that doesn’t involve Shai Bolton the conversation just gets steered back that way. Been going on for quite a while now
Does feel good to be reminded that there are vainer and less self-aware people in this world than me. I say keep them.

Another factor is bolton is top30 for meters gained.

Which fairly remarkable as he doesn't play much mid or back compared to other elite players in that category
When he is 30 - will being youngest in the draft still add extra credits - or does that expire at a certain age?

When he is 30 - will being youngest in the draft still add extra credits - or does that expire at a certain age?

Being that highly ranked meters gained

and top3 in the afl inside 50 - shai is already a remarkable player.

Not surprised the media is considered bolton a brownlow contending playe next season.

Last edited:
McCluggage
Stewart
McGrath
Taranto
R Marshall
Simpkin
Ridley
Ryan
Bolton
Berry

My 2021 prediction is Peter Ladhams makes the jump into this top 10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond Troll, if you were to read the last, at a guess, 20 odd pages you'll see the lunacy

It was actually a fox sports troll.

Along with ridiculous inside 50, meters gained stats.

Bolts (along with Clugs) is very elite in goal assist...

Shai impacting the stats sheet to the same standard as the eye test.

I hope richmond are able to tie him down. Would be fairly handy at freo.

Geelong and the saints still having bolton-nightmare possibly

Being that highly ranked meters gained

and top3 in the afl inside 50 - shai is already a remarkable player.

Not surprised the media is considered bolton a brownlow contending playe next season.
Lol - there are 50 players rated a better chance. He paying $151 - the same as Doherty.

So let me get this straight.

Fox Footy release an article of "fearless predictions", one of which references Bolton possibly polling better than Martin next season, and all of a sudden Bolton is a Brownlow chance according to the media.

Oh Marcel, you absolute plonker. That's gold.

One "journalist" ponders in an article full of outlandish statements whether Bolton might poll more than Martin in the Brownlow.

Next minute we have Richmond nuffies claiming the media reckons Bolton is a Brownlow contender.

FFS man. Use your brain.

Best. thread. ever.

Shai Bolton?

fmd

FFS, can Richmond supporters please give this thread a break from Shai Bolton? It feels like this thread has been hijacked for the last 20 pages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back