2016 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Balls on the line, who you moving on......

• Rocky

Votes: 75 42.1%
  • Pearce

Votes: 82 46.1%
  • Rich

Votes: 21 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Christian Salem from Melbourne perhaps? Pick 9 in the 2013 draft. An elite kick with pace. Has had hamstring issues and has struggled to get a game this year but if he gets his body right he will be a very good player either of half back or wing. Dees don't have a first round pick this year and probably would be keen to get another draft pick. Not sure what his value would be - maybe it lies somewhere between mid to late second round. At present he has played 29 games.
Would be good but can't see that happening, they love him at Melbourne. And he's definitely worth more than that, top-10 pick from not long ago and arguably showed more promise than Aish and what you're suggesting was probably even unders on his value even after publicly declaring his intention to leave last year

Wouldn't mind looking at Grigg, CEY and Wigg from the Crows. All could add something to our list.

More realistically though, the following would be probably what we will bring in.
For key backs I think one of N.Brown, N.Brown, Astbury and Keefe
Would love to add another ruck so maybe Witts
Whitecross would be a good get.

No chance in getting Hurley, Fyfe, etc...

There was a mention somewhere maybe 2 months ago that the club had already been contacted by player managers about players wanting to come here at the end of the season? Am I dreaming this?

Last edited:
Would be good but can't see that happening, they love him at Melbourne. And he's definitely worth more than that, top-10 pick from not long ago and arguably showed more promise than Aish and what you're suggesting was probably even unders on his value even after publicly declaring his intention to leave last year

Yeah he is probably worth more than i suggested but not sure they love him that much - hasn't been in the side to often and got dropped a couple times earlier in the year. At the right price they would trade him - especially if they want Hibberd. If they trade for Hibberd thats probably their second round pick gone and they don't own a first rounder. Someone has to go from the Dees with currency if they want to enter the draft before round 3.

Freeman still very young, he did drop his bundle this year, but I would like to see what he could do under a different coaching structure. Plus it doesnt take many injuries and he is back in the ones. It has been too hard to find KPF I wouldnt be trading any of them out.

Freeman still very young, he did drop his bundle this year, but I would like to see what he could do under a different coaching structure. Plus it doesnt take many injuries and he is back in the ones. It has been too hard to find KPF I wouldnt be trading any of them out.
When he builds his endurance he has the ability to kick bags.... Big target up forward with Hippy and Shack working up the ground. Walker I think could be a swinging ruck man, he did pretty well in the Q Clash we won?

When he builds his endurance he has the ability to kick bags.... Big target up forward with Hippy and Shack working up the ground. Walker I think could be a swinging ruck man, he did pretty well in the Q Clash we won?
I think a lot of it with Freeman is between the ears, he plays really deep and can launch at it, but he seems to go in and out of games a lot. Other games he doesnt get near it. I think it might be another few years before we see the best of him.

I think a lot of it with Freeman is between the ears, he plays really deep and can launch at it, but he seems to go in and out of games a lot. Other games he doesnt get near it. I think it might be another few years before we see the best of him.
Also playing in a NEAFL team that gets belted by 100 points plus points every week isn't really helping his development.

Also playing in a NEAFL team that gets belted by 100 points plus points every week isn't really helping his development.
True. But when the team isnt going great you need the forwards to have a real crack at every opportunity. Dont see that from Freeman, he goes at some and is nowhere near others and then he wont chase. It is attitude with him, I think he has talent though.

True. But when the team isnt going great you need the forwards to have a real crack at every opportunity. Dont see that from Freeman, he goes at some and is nowhere near others and then he wont chase. It is attitude with him, I think he has talent though.

Agreed. He and Close are the perfect pair.

Close doesn't feel like a natural in his role, but he has the perfect attitude for a KPF. Freeman seems to battle a bit with his competitive psychology, but has good instincts and ability.

Smash them together and you have Hipwood.

I am pretty big on Close and while he has been on the list for a while he is still young. Good attitude, we could use him as a third tall (at 196cm) or that tall/ruck.

Forward pressure becomes an issue if we decide to play 3 of Schache, Hipwood, Walker, Close and Freeman. None of them are horrible but the other forwards have to pick up some slack.

I am pretty big on Close and while he has been on the list for a while he is still young. Good attitude, we could use him as a third tall (at 196cm) or that tall/ruck.

Now this is a great point. I would love to see us turn him in to a forward/relief ruckman. He is meant to have a great tank so no reason he couldn't. Big body and likes to jump. Would love to see how he goes as second ruck

Forward pressure becomes an issue if we decide to play 3 of Schache, Hipwood, Walker, Close and Freeman. None of them are horrible but the other forwards have to pick up some slack.
Well actually Freeman has pretty poor defensive pressure and Walker and Schache at times havent put in like they should. But Hipwood is a competitive beast, so much to like about that kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hanley tradeable?

Good list fit for Swans and we may have some trade capital post T Mitchell
if some rumors you hear on here are true maybe. wouldn't mind one of Naismith or Nankervis and a late 1st round draft pick?

i am sure he would be very good for the swans, you have an amazing knack to get the best out of recycled players.

if some rumors you hear on here are true maybe. wouldn't mind one of Naismith or Nankervis and a late 1st round draft pick?

i am sure he would be very good for the swans, you have an amazing knack to get the best out of recycled players.

Brisbane may have to pay some of his salary but I can see Swannies making a commitment to him.

Nankervis, our first rounder, Tom Mitchell capital all in play this off season I feel with the list sound. Need top end talent ala Hanley

Brisbane may have to pay some of his salary but I can see Swannies making a commitment to him.

Nankervis, our first rounder, Tom Mitchell capital all in play this off season I feel with the list sound. Need top end talent ala Hanley
if your 1st rounder is in play lets hope you go out in straight sets.:);)

The 'amazing knack' is good coaching and good culture something we have been lacking unfortunately

And people forgetting about their recruitments that didn't so well.
The last 14 years, Sydney has played in 13 finals series. They do alot right. I'm sure they would of failed in some of those trades, but I don't think they gave up the farm to get those players like we did.

Mumford, Richards,Laidler,McGlynn,Kennedy, Grundy were all gotten after being delisted or gave up very little for.

And people forgetting about their recruitments that didn't go so well.

Guys like Playfair, Seaby, Morton, Armstrong, and a couple of Everitts were all fairly underwhelming.

Fev ....oh hang on that was us...and he cost us young players and top picks. No, I think Sydney got it more right.

Back