2016 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Balls on the line, who you moving on......

• Rocky

Votes: 75 42.1%
  • Pearce

Votes: 82 46.1%
  • Rich

Votes: 21 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So where are we at now? We started with 5 free list spots, Hanley and Green should be out the door making it 7 spots. Frost coming in along with Smith upgraded means we are back to 5. Assuming there aren't any other surprises now the Hawks deal is dead, we should be leaving 2 spots free for academy players, Watson and Alison i would imagine. Think we might try get any remainders via the rookie list. That means we are only taking 3 picks live at the draft. So after this Hanley trade goes through, we should be back to picks 3, 16, 21,22. Now again, assuming we are only going to take 3 live picks, that pick 22 is complete over kill for matching academy bids. 21 and 22 look perfectly primed to be packaged up for a higher pick and a lower pick.

Being a fairly even draft with good depth, we might find someone willing to do a deal. Maybe someone like WC might have a bite. Pick 12 (1268) and 54 for 21 & 22. WC have be linked to a few players, being able to split pick 12 into 2 early 20's picks might appeal. Trade 1 for a player they are after and still keep an early 2nd round pick. Or maybe even GWS, pick 15 (1112) and 51 (259) total (1371) pick 21&22 total (1723) Nice gain in points for picks that will be probably used on academy kids. We then go 3 15 16 and use 51 on our academy picks. It does also sound like there might be some later pick swapping in the Hanley trade, so we might pick up another late pick in that which will help as well. We do also still have 78, which might get used on Frost.

It would consume a few picks if we bid on him at 4. Depends how many picks they end up with and plan on using I guess
pick-4 with discount is 1627 points. GC nicely cover that with picks 22 & 24. Not a huge ask.

Regardless, I don't see what GC would trade any of their other top-10 picks to get to our pick-3. if they end up holding 4,6,8,10 - then the only likely bid before 4 for Bowes is us at 3. I don't see it happening (in the interest of cordial academy relations and maintaining a good working relationship).
So they get to use 4 on another player. worst case they have to match a bid a 5 with 6. or match a bid at 7 with 8. regardless, only 1 of their top-10 picks is used to batch for Bowes, and they still have 2 remaining (excluding 4). I don't see them trading out 6,8 & 10, so they may as well hang onto all of them.
this is assuming they end up getting 10 from Hawthorn for O'Meara...

How many list spots do Suns have? With so many high picks im wondering how many picks they can actually take to the draft. They might be likely to trade for a future pick to start banking some of these picks.

How many list spots do Suns have? With so many high picks im wondering how many picks they can actually take to the draft. They might be likely to trade for a future pick to start banking some of these picks.
They traded in 4 picks last year, so can take in 4 extra picks this year. They can still only use as many picks as they have lost spots so you would think they'd be working like crazy behind the scenes to consolidate or future trade some of those picks in the 20's. They can't use them all this year!

Throwing out a total hypothetical pick21, pick 22 and our future second rounder (worth 878 points possibly ) and our future fourth rounder ( roughly 146 points) for the swans pick 14, pick 17 and their future second rounder (worth 446 points roughly) and their future fourth rounder . To sum up our total points roughly is 2747 for swans 2632 points. We stay in all rounds next year, though we will concede our position in rounds 2 and 4 in 2017 however we promote our 2 secound rounders this year into the first round at 14 and 17.

Throwing out a total hypothetical pick21, pick 22 and our future second rounder (worth 878 points possibly ) and our future fourth rounder ( roughly 146 points) for the swans pick 14, pick 17 and their future second rounder (worth 446 points roughly) and their future fourth rounder . To sum up our total points roughly is 2747 for swans 2632 points. We stay in all rounds next year, though we will concede our position in rounds 2 and 4 in 2017 however we promote our 2 secound rounders this year into the first round at 14 and 17.

My brain hurts.

Yeah I would do that. A 7 and 5 pick upgrade this year giving us 4 first rounders this year. Drops our second next year from problably close to a first rounder to most probably end of second round but we do now have 2 firsts next year anyway. The fourth round swap makes little difference.

Yeah I would do that. A 7 and 5 pick upgrade this year giving us 4 first rounders this year. Drops our second next year from problably close to a first rounder to most probably end of second round but we do now have 2 firsts next year anyway. The fourth round swap makes little difference.
And at this stage we r probably likely to gain an end of first or early 2nd round compo for Rocky next year as well.

And at this stage we r probably likely to gain an end of first or early 2nd round compo for Rocky next year as well.
Can always force their hand and say that we will match it therefore enforcing an equitable trade. He would be a RFA wouldn't he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back