2016 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Balls on the line, who you moving on......

• Rocky

Votes: 75 42.1%
  • Pearce

Votes: 82 46.1%
  • Rich

Votes: 21 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting dilemma for the Pies. Yes you are short on KPD's as are we which shows how your club rates him and why we want him. I accept that you might decide to keep him if the offers aren't to your liking but that would mean you have to offer him a contract. If you offer a contract what is the likelihood of it being 3 years? Or even 2?

I'd say if we were to keep him he'd probably only get a one year deal.

But as he's requested a trade our priority should be to accomodate that trade. You don't want to keep a player on your list who doesn't want to be there.

Frost imo is worth more than a 4th round. You don't hear of many 4th rounders getting offered a 3 year deal.

Not sure how that will play out. I think he will be a very good player for you guys and suggest when he is fit, he will be an automatic selection ongoing.

Our defensive structure in the first half of the season had all of our defenders look terrible and caused them to get dropped... and alot want out of the club now... Frost, Marsh and Nathan Brown ( who was in our leadership group).

Don't think because Frost was in and out if the side this year that you are getting a fringe player... he was in and out of the side, like others because he was told to stand in between opponents instead of manning up???

Dissapointing to see him go.

Either way we'll get more for him than Hawthorn got for their reigning best and fairest!

Isn't Frost uncontracted?...

I'd say if we were to keep him he'd probably only get a one year deal.

But as he's requested a trade our priority should be to accomodate that trade. You don't want to keep a player on your list who doesn't want to be there.
Which is why we're back where we started. If we get a third rounder you'll probably get it, otherwise its a fourth if we have one or we get him in whichever draft he nominates for because he's not going to take a one year deal when we are offering him three.

Yeah as i said earlier some Pies posters are a bit unrealistic and had convinced themselves it could happen... thus i came here.

Collingwood wouldn't be chasing Rockcliff if there wasn't such angst between he and the club. We don't really need more midfielders, but an upgrade of a Greenwood to Rockcliff cheaply done would be a bonus... but not what i see as a necessity.

I would think we'll all know by Wednesday to give both clubs time to organise other trades that would be back up plans. Including getting Frost to the Lions.

All things considered and Collingwood not taking WHE i'd say the most Collingwood will offer is Frost, Greenwood and a round 2 pick.

Brisbane will either take this, attempt a trade with another club (which appears unlikely) or have to keep him.

If we got a future second round pick from Collingwood too I would do that deal (not sure if they have one still next year?). Future draft capital would be handy and I certainly wouldn't mind Bastinac 2.0 who thought was great value for us.

Which is why we're back where we started. If we get a third rounder you'll probably get it, otherwise its a fourth if we have one or we get him in whichever draft he nominates for because he's not going to take a one year deal when we are offering him three.

I doubt he'd want the risk of going into the draft and could end up anywhere. That rarely happens.

But lets just say Brisbane only offer Collingwood a 4th round and Collingwood don't accept that (i have no idea if that would happen) Collingwood could put the proposal to Frost of a 1 year deal and then trade him where he wants next year.

Instead of going into the draft and risk being sent to a club that only wants him as a back up Frost may take that 1 year as security. Or not picked up at all.

Fwiw i reckon a trade will get done, but i think it will be for a 3rd.

Was discussed on the pies board yesterday and i'd love your thoughts....

Hawthorn trade pick 10 and a player to GC for JOM.

GC trade pick 10 to Collingwood for Witts, Greenwood and pick 28

Collingwood trade pick 10 and Frost to Brisbane for Rockcliff.

Whadayareckon?

I would say that the Lions would accept that is a hurry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt he'd want the risk of going into the draft and could end up anywhere. That rarely happens.

But lets just say Brisbane only offer Collingwood a 4th round and Collingwood don't accept that (i have no idea if that would happen) Collingwood could put the proposal to Frost of a 1 year deal and then trade him where he wants next year.

Instead of going into the draft and risk being sent to a club that only wants him as a back up Frost may take that 1 year as security. Or not picked up at all.

Fwiw i reckon a trade will get done, but i think it will be for a 3rd.
It won't happen but he could quite easily skip the draft and nominate for the psd. Essendon aren't really a risk of taking him so it's not really uncertain. He'll get traded. Probably an early 4th round pick from gc

Yeah...nah...

Frost wouldn't be delisted. We are short on tall backs.
He can delist himself if the contract is better in brisbane. Pies cant control that, only when it happens. To use your example: if you OFFER a one year contract and we offer a three year deal and he CHOOSES not to take your one year deal after trade week is complete then he becomes a delisted f/a, however you could force him into the draft by delisting him only prior to the rookie draft which is highly unlikely because you would have one less pick at the national draft as you would have to retain him on your list. It wont happen. My guess is it will be a pick of no consequence (60 -80) or a delisted f/a pick up.

Last edited:
That's true. Whitecross is a month older than Tom Rockliff and a year younger than Greenwood. 27 years old in January. The Lions certainly wouldn't want Greenwood and Whitecross at the same time. Whitecross has the added bonus of being a Queenslander and may be more amenable to being traded to Brisbane.
Good citizen, great team man, fills a requirement we desperately need, and will set a great example for a young list.

WCE need a ruck .
Option A S.marin and basty for pick 12
Or S Martin and 2017 second rounder for pick 12

Just read somewhere that SPS said in an interview that he wants to play his footy in Melbourne. Aish 2.0?
Maybe but there would still be great options at 6 or even 8, I'd be refusing to trade hanley unless we get one of them (even if it means giving 16/19 back) , the first 7/8 players in the draft are a class above.

Dons: McCluggage

GWS: McGrath

Lions: Ainsworth

GC: Bowes (bid on)

GWS: Setterfield (bid on)

Lions SPS/Brodie/Tarranto

That would be ideal, but even if we had pick 8 we'd get one of them

Maybe but there would still be great options at 6 or even 8, I'd be refusing to trade hanley unless we get one of them (even if it means giving 16/19 back) , the first 7/8 players in the draft are a class above.

Dons: McCluggage

GWS: McGrath

GC: Bowes (bid on)

Lions: Ainsworth

Carlton: Taranto

Richmond: Brodie

Fremantle: English

Lions: Petrevski-Seton

That would be ideal, but even if we had pick 8 we'd get one of them

I believe that's a more likely scenario.

Epg3zde.jpg

Back