2016 trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright trade scenario I have come up with.
Geelong send picks 37+41 to Gold Coast, this equals 895 points.
Gold Coast send pick 22 to Richmond, this equals 845 points.
Richmond send Deledio to Geelong

Geelong gain: Deledio Lose: picks 37 + 41
Richmond gain: pick 22 Lose: Deledio
Gold Coast gain pick 37 + 41 (more points) Lose: Pick 22

Thoughts?

Seriously Consider that deal as a Cats fan

Aaron Black straight swap for either Neade, Clurey or Ah Chee?

No to all of them

Especially clurey lol. Black has next to zero value. You haven't given him a game in some many years I can't even remember what the guy looks like. Even Neade and ah chee have more value than black. Ild upgrade pick 106 to 88 for black or pass. Preferably pass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's horrible for port.

I don't know where the Sydney trading up rumour has come from but pick 9 has a lot of value if one of the big players slide which is possible , but if they don't then I don't see much difference between a lot of prospects from 10-18
Agree, I wouldn't do it if I was Port, but from a value standpoint that's about even. 9 definitely has more value due to the chance of a slider, but there's still no way Sydney trade 14 + 17 alone for it. There would need to be something coming back from Port, probably a player around the value of a 2nd rounder to make it fair

Agree, I wouldn't do it if I was Port, but from a value standpoint that's about even. 9 definitely has more value due to the chance of a slider, but there's still no way Sydney trade 14 + 17 alone for it. There would need to be something coming back from Port, probably a player around the value of a 2nd rounder to make it fair

For port it would have to be a pick after 35 going back with 9 to make it worth our while. Ie if traded into a pick like 37 from lobbe or ah chee then 9 and 37 for 14 and 17. If we had a pick like 28, I'm not sure I would,do downgrade 9 for the difference between 17 and a late 20's pick.

The points system is dead now
The afl changed the rules
So you can only use picks depending on how many spots you have available on ur senior list

I couldn't find anything that confirmed this. I found an article that the AFL had suggested it to the clubs from 2017 onwards but nothing confirmed?

No worries. Essentially, it's TOB+ mid/late 2nd rd pick for Clurey. I see HAW having an excess of 2/3 tall forwards and Port have an excess of backmen (Jonas, DBJ, AUstin, Bonner, Clurey, Hombsch, Pittard without Trengrove, Hartlett, Broadbent and not counting Krakouer or O'Shea). Port also just got rid of Schulz and Butcher. TOB would fit in nicely next to Dixon, with Ryder and Westhoff rotating through. He's also a SA kid.

Looking at the Hawthorn list, in two years Gibson, Hodge, Burgoyne will likely be gone; Frawley, Stratton and Birchall will be 29-30; Doc will be 27. I'm not sold on Brand and Kurt. A straight swap of TOB for one of the young backmen might be on the cards.

I wouldn't have thought Hawthorn would give up Tim O'Brien for Clurey.

But the idea is a good one - OB or Schoenmakers should be a target for Port.

Lets speed things up with a proposed trade

Carlton sends Gibbs to GWS in exchange for Marchbank, Stewart, Pickett and pick 51
GWS sends Gibbs to Adelaide for pick 13 and 53
Carlton sends Touhy and pick 51 to Geelong
Geelong sends Caddy to Carlton

Keeps pick 5 with Carlton and kills three birds with one stone...Thoughts?

Carlton sends Gibbs to GWS in exchange for Marchbank, Stewart, Pickett and pick 51

So we lose Gibbs, marchbank, Stewart, Pickett and 51 for 13 and 53.

So Gibbs = 13
Marchbank, Stewart, Pickett, 51 = 53

Nah

So we lose Gibbs, marchbank, Stewart, Pickett and 51 for 13 and 53.

So Gibbs = 13
Marchbank, Stewart, Pickett, 51 = 53

No Marchbank, Stewart and Pickett are worth pick 13 and a 2 pick downgrade in the later rounds.. Stewart is worth not much more than a late 3rd rounder and that leaves you with Marchbank and Picket for pick 13

I couldn't find anything that confirmed this. I found an article that the AFL had suggested it to the clubs from 2017 onwards but nothing confirmed?
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-22/draft-loophole-to-remain-despite-some-clubs-concern

"The AFL has made one change to its bidding system that will come into immediate effect this year, with clubs no longer able to access 'hidden picks' during the draft.

It means clubs will only be able to enter the draft with the number of selections that matches the available primary list positions at that time.

Last year some clubs entered the draft with more picks than they had available spots on their list. The extra picks were purely held so they could pay for academy prospects that attracted early "

Can't imagine why Carlton would do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back