2017/18 EFL Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

I didnt imply anything. It's worlds apart saying they are upset. And saying I felt sorry for them. They mean completely different things haha.

Mate you're having a rough arvo. You need a lie down.
I haven't been on big footy this afternoon so I have no clue what you're on about. Had your first Christmas beer?

So just to be clear, you're not gonna hold your hand and up apologise to me?

"But you're the only one who thinks they'll be upset about making a semi and playing a top side"

You're not gonna say... well you never said that, I apologise. No??
You felt sorry for them for having to get embarassed in the semi. It's implied (unless they've got any Adebayor types) that being embarassed would make them upset about being there. So in short, no

You felt sorry for them for having to get embarassed in the semi. It's implied (unless they've got any Adebayor types) that being embarassed would make them upset about being there. So in short, no

Nonsense. Jod never said that they were upset about making the league cup semi finals. He said that there is a good chance that they will be embarrassed by City which is not an unreasonable statement considering the season they've had. I'm sure Bristol won't mind being embarrassed by City in the semis as they are clearly thrilled just to be there regardless of the result.

Nonsense. Jod never said that they were upset about making the league cup semi finals. He said that there is a good chance that they will be embarrassed by City which is not an unreasonable statement considering the season they've had. I'm sure Bristol won't mind being embarrassed by City in the semis as they are clearly thrilled just to be there regardless of the result.
And he said he felt sorry for them. What's there to feel sorry for? They're over the moon to get where they have.

And he said he felt sorry for them. What's their to feel sorry for? They're over the moon to get where they have.

Probably because it's the biggest day of the clubs history and there's a good chance they'll get slaughtered by a team that's spent 100,000 times more than them. Pretty good reason to feel sorry for them.

I hope for their sake that they give City a run for their money.

Probably because it's the biggest day of the clubs history and there's a good chance they'll get slaughtered by a team that's spent 100,000 times more than them. Pretty good reason to feel sorry for them.

I hope for their sake that they give City a run for their money.
They're expected to lose though so I really don't get why anyone should feel for them, and they would be thrilled with even having the remote chance of possibly making the final. Lower league sides aren't expected to do much else than get slaughtered but don't see why anyone should feel sorry for them. They enter competitions with higher league sides than them in it. Part and parcel of being in the draw to begin with

Let’s use another word, shall we:

“I feel for Bristol City because although making a semi final brings them a lot of joy I think they will be DISAPPOINTED at the final score against a rampaging Manchester City side.”

Everyone likes making a Semi Final, especially if you’re not meant to per se but no one likes getting belted even if it’s against better opposition. Schalke once made the CL Semi Final, it was the furthest they had ever gone before or since. And yet, I doubt they were pleased about losing it 6-1 over the 2 legs just because they were in the Semi Final.

I think people are being a too harsh on Jod.

“I feel for Bristol City because although making a semi final brings them a lot of joy I think they will be DISAPPOINTED at the final score against a rampaging Manchester City side.”

Everyone likes making a Semi Final, especially if you’re not meant to per se but no one likes getting belted even if it’s against better opposition. Schalke once made the CL Semi Final, it was the furthest they had ever gone before or since. And yet, I doubt they were pleased about losing it 6-1 over the 2 legs just because they were in the Semi Final.

Yeah that makes more sense. For a side like Bristol who I'd say probably haven't had half the domestic success Schalke have had I can't see them being to worried about the result to be fair.

Also with the other options also being top 6 sides a harsh scoreline was likely regardless. Worth it for the joy they had on the night against united I bet

They won't be disappointed regardless of the score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, nah bro. That's nonsense. You're just making s**t up. But whatever, if you dont wanna apologise, no worries.

Yeah nah it was a stupid thing to pity a team making a cup semi final for the first time in decades.

Again, stop playing dumb. You knew exactly what he meant, but because it's jod you (and jd) made something out of it that isn't there.

It's a "pity" to jod (and many others) in the sense that the one time in decades they do make the semis, they happen to run into and have to somehow overcome what looks like being a historically good side. But you already knew that,

Again, stop playing dumb. You knew exactly what he meant, but because it's jod you (and jd) made something out of it that isn't there.

It's a "pity" to jod (and many others) in the sense that the one time in decades they do make the semis, they happen to run into and have to somehow overcome what looks like being a historically good side. But you already knew that,

I'm not playing dumb at all, and I'm also not the only person to call Jod out on this. Not really sure why the narrative these days is focussed on me in these sorts of exchanges but there you go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back