2017 AFL fixture news and wishlist

Remove this Banner Ad

pretty happy with the home fixtures and timeslots except for no collingwood/hawthorn at home.

2 Saturday, April 1 Essendon The Gabba Home 6.25pm

4 Sunday, April 16 Richmond The Gabba Home 4.40pm

6 Saturday, April 29 Port Adelaide The Gabba Home 4.35pm

9 Saturday, May 20 Adelaide Crows The Gabba Home 7.25pm

11 Bye

12 Saturday, June 10 Fremantle The Gabba Home 4.35pm

14 Saturday, June 24 GWS GIANTS The Gabba Home 4.35pm

16 Saturday, July 8 Geelong Cats The Gabba Home 7.25pm

18 Sunday, July 23 Carlton The Gabba Home 4.40pm Foxtel

20 Saturday, August 5 Western Bulldogs The Gabba Home 4.35pm

21 Saturday, August 12 Gold Coast SUNS The Gabba Home 4.35pm

23 TBC North Melbourne The Gabba Home

Wow, good start to the year and 6 melbourne games! :thumbsu:

We play the Suns, Bulldogs, Bombers, and Port twice.

Rounds 5-9 are brutal.

And Richmond twice. Essendon being counted as a lower team for the draw is going to make their run easier this year.

All in all more optimistic about this draw than last years at least

SCG then to Tasmania with a 6 day turnaround is not going to be pretty.

Also wtf, we play the 2016 premiers twice, along with Gold Coast, Port, Richmond and Essendon twice and only get to Melbourne and North in the final two rounds.

I mean overall it feels like a softer start to the year than '16 which should be welcomed, and they seem to be really pushing this 4:30pm timeslot for the Gabba games.

Our one game that's broadcast free-to-air next year is a home game. *sigh*.

Unless you're in QLD and then every game is broadcast free to air. Feel for the melb supporters though, only one FTA game all year is a little harsh but really pretty reflective of where we're at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the live feed and apparently we made more of it being a bad draw for us last year than it really was. WTF ..they won't own any disaster will they?
The draw they've given us next year says otherwise.

Much better than last year... it's probably as good as we're going to get given our standing.

We play too many teams twice who finished above us! Bloody AFL! :p

The six day breaks between playing in Sydney and Tasmania and between playing in Perth and the Bulldogs at home aren't great.

I don't mind how our 6 day breaks have been structured actually. We've been given them against harder teams and away which will tough is a bit of a blessing really. We probably aren't expected to win any of those games so what it does do is helps us avoid 6 day breaks going into games where we actually are a chance. They've made the hard, harder but left the easier games alone.

Unless you're in QLD and then every game is broadcast free to air.
Yeah I'm getting told all about this on the AFL FB page at the moment too (apparently I don't follow AFL either). I'm aware they did this for 2016, but I can't actually find anywhere that states how long that agreement is valid for - so hopefully it holds true for 2017. It certainly doesn't say it anywhere on that fixture PDF on the AFL's website.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back