2017 Bennelong By-Election - LIBERAL RETAIN

Remove this Banner Ad

I know SFA about NSW politics outside the noisy federal zealots.

How popular/good/competent was Kristina Keneally?

Never had a chance.
Followed on from the Iemma/Rees cluster*s.

Very smart operator though.

I know SFA about NSW politics outside the noisy federal zealots.

How popular/good/competent was Kristina Keneally?

She took over a horrendously bad Government, riddled with corruption and woefully unpopular. In that context, she was actually a reasonably popular leader, and the Liberals acknowledged they were glad Labor didn't make her leader earlier, as she became Leader only about 12 months before the election, where Labor ended up with only 36% two party preferred. That was actually a lot better than had been expected, people thought Labor could end up with only 10 seats, but they got away with 20.

I'm not sure how much her personal standing has been removed from the standing of that Government. We will see, I guess.

If Kristina Keneally wins the seat of Bennelong on December 16, she could be Malcolm Turnbull's worst nightmare.

And if Labor wins the next federal election, don't be surprised to see Keneally be the new Foreign Minister ahead of Tanya Pilbersek.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Labor are taking the piss surely.

In an American accent " this citizenship debacle has shown the Coalition for what they are, A government out of touch "

Couldn't write stuff like this.

They are.

The Libs' top lawyers apparently said Joyce and Nash were fine. Turnbull said he had complete confidence in being cleared by the High Court.

And yet here we are.

As hot as Keneally is, she has that grubby association with Obeid and McDonald. Alexander is a good politician, hopefully he retains his seat.

As hot as Keneally is, she has that grubby association with Obeid and McDonald. Alexander is a good politician, hopefully he retains his seat.

KB, to be fair- watching from afar most of NSW politics appears to be pretty grubby.

Sinodinos, Turnbull, Joe Hockey's cash fundraisers where you can buy access to him in exchange for donations.

Plus all the ICAC stuff that went down in NSW.

KB, to be fair- watching from afar most of NSW politics appears to be pretty grubby.

Sinodinos, Turnbull, Joe Hockey's cash fundraisers where you can buy access to him in exchange for donations.

Plus all the ICAC stuff that went down in NSW.
She was put in place as premier by Obeid, and rewarded McDonald with a cabinet position. Both of whom are in jail.

That association makes it a bit easy for the Liberals

She was put in place as premier by Obeid, and rewarded McDonald with a cabinet position. Both of whom are in jail.

That association makes it a bit easy for the Liberals

It probably does.

Realistically this contest becomes:
A guy who can't follow the constitution after he swore to uphold it vs a lady who got promoted with the its not what you know its who you know vibe

It probably does.

Realistically this contest becomes:
A guy who can't follow the constitution after he swore to uphold it vs a lady who got promoted with the its not what you know its who you know vibe
I don't think Alexander's problem is as strong as Keneally's. Obeid is absolutely loathed in NSW.

I don't think Alexander's problem is as strong as Keneally's. Obeid is absolutely loathed in NSW.

Ill take your word for it, as I know bugger all about NSW politics.

As i said initially NSW politics seems pretty toxic on all sides of the aisles.

Ill take your word for it, as I know bugger all about NSW politics.

As i said initially NSW politics seems pretty toxic on all sides of the aisles.
It is, but Obeid and co spent over a decade feathering their nest while NSW stagnated.

Labor are taking the piss surely.

In an American accent " this citizenship debacle has shown the Coalition for what they are, A government out of touch "

Couldn't write stuff like this.
Remember the Coalitions chief spokesman talks in a thick German accent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back