2017 Big Footy AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 4 - North Melbourne: Paddy Dow

184cm 78kgs. Bendigo Pioneers

downloadfile.jpg

Chief recruiter KoL says:

A bit of a surprise for us that he lasted this long. We really expected him to go earlier.

Touted as going as high as pick 1 in recent times, a no brainer for norf.

Nice, balanced mid who will be a nice addition to a pretty bland midfield. Versatile, nce skills and a goal kicker who will be an outside compliment to Zeibell and Cunnington. Plus he adds midfield speed which norf desperately need. A complete package and a pretty sure thing to be a star for many years to come.

Was expecting to be picking between Cerra and Stephenson so Dow is a nice surprise

Plus, he hails from my old home town originally, so how could I pass him by.

*all observations are purely plagiarized and not based on me having watched one second of him play

Last edited:

Pick 5 - Fremantle Dockers: Darcy FOGERTY - 192cm 94kg, Glenelg.

615725BF-A357-42B4-9A0A-8ADC1F93E8CC.jpeg

Big-bodied medium-tall utility that projects to cut his teeth as a medium forward & transition into the midfield. One of the better skilled players that can also play defence as a quarterback playmaker.

Fremantle require some class & Darcy provides just that. The issue will be whether they want to utilise him as a Luke Hodge general defender or a Matthew Pavlich forward-mid. A good issue to have going forward.

Pick 6 - Collingwood: Jaidyn STEPHENSON
188.5cm | 75.4kg Eastern Ranges

hqdefault.jpg

The Pies have more of a need in the Key Position department, so was tempted by Naughton, Brander or Balta. However, Stephenson seems too good to pass up here, so we'll snaffle him and hope that we can get a decent slider with our other picks.

The thing that most appeals to me with Stephenson is that he has put together three very good years in a row. He seems like a very level-headed kid, ready for an AFL career. He has put together some huge numbers, has a great turn of speed and is hungry for the contest.

From a Saints perspective I'd love him to keep sliding, but acting as the Pies :eek: ... welcome to Collingwood Jaidyn :)

Yes I know, shouldn't committ to doing this then. Plus there should be a night like the real draft everyone has to pick on the night. Not this format where this can drag on and on..

Apologies but some grace should be afforded during business hours. Some of us campaigners have to work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I know, shouldn't committ to doing this then. Plus there should be a night like the real draft everyone has to pick on the night. Not this format where this can drag on and on..
Boo-*******-hoo. Jesus, what an entitled load of s**t.

Ease up Barrels, you talk a load of s**t sometimes..
Yeah, no, no I don’t.

More importantly, what a ridiculous position to take that people on a community-based website, of all ages and experiences, can’t take the time to commit to their day jobs just so you can make your phantom draft picks a little faster.

Jesus wept.

Yeah, or maybe get back in your box and take yourself a little less seriously. Seriously, what an arrogant whinge.
Edit Sullied by Barrels forshame

Sorry for keeping you guys waiting. Lot of work drinks today.

The moment you've been waiting for. Hopefully not too many melts.

Pick 7: Aiden Bonar

Aiden Bonar 200.jpg

Saints need to inject some x factor and a potential game changer. Was hoping Stephenson would fall to this pick but can't win them all. Has his risks and injury cloud but think medical departments these days are heavily resourced and look no further than Lever, Stringer and the like who had injury clouds and have gone on to have an impact at AFL level.

Good kick, great size and is an athletic beast, burst of speed, hard tackler, good contested mark and has demonstrated his professionalism in his approach to recovery.

Watch out when he realises his potential.

Cue the melts.

Last edited:

Saints need to inject some x factor and a potential game changer. Was hoping Stephenson would fall to this pick but can't win them all. Has his risks and injury cloud but think medical departments these days are heavily resourced and look no further than Lever, Stringer and the like who had injury clouds and have gone on to have an impact at AFL level.

Good kick, great size and is an athletic beast, burst of speed, hard tackler, good contested mark and has demonstrated his professionalism in his approach to recovery.

Cue the melts.

I was close to taking him at 5 tbh

Cue the melts.

giphy-4.gif

Pick 8: Hunter Clark

Hunter+Clark+AFL+U18+Championships+ojzyCvebO2Ll.jpg

Toss up between Clark and Brayshaw. Like Brayshaw and think he will be a decent footballer in the future, however think he's a little on the vanilla side. While he has the athletic attributes to play outside as well as inside, think he will play predominantly on the inside. Think Clark is also a little more versatile as well.

Clark will be a very good player in the future. Great kick on both sides of the body, some of the cleanest hands in this draft class, provides run and carry can take a grab and tackles stick. What really impressed me with Clark in particular is how clean he is a ground level. Picks it up off the deck very cleanly and has some acceleration. Think he will be a much beloved and revered saint.

cooperg won't be too happy with this selection but think Clark is a very good fit for the saint.

Over to you aussierulesrules

Pick 8: Hunter Clark

View attachment 436032

Toss up between Clark and Brayshaw. Like Brayshaw and think he will be a decent footballer in the future, however think he's a little on the vanilla side. While he has the athletic attributes to play outside as well as inside, think he will play predominantly on the inside. Think Clark is also a little more versatile as well.

Clark will be a very good player in the future. Great kick on both sides of the body, some of the cleanest hands in this draft class, provides run and carry can take a grab and tackles stick. What really impressed me with Clark in particular is how clean he is a ground level. Picks it up off the deck very cleanly and has some acceleration. Think he will be a much beloved and revered saint.

cooperg won't be too happy with this selection but think Clark is a very good fit for the saint.

Over to you aussierulesrules

Damn was hoping he might slip through to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back