Opinion 2017 Draft Discussion - Pick 3 - Poll added

Who we are likely to take at Pick 3 .......

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair bit of talk that we rate Rayner 1 and Cerra at 2.

Here's a link to Cerra's highlights: http://m.afl.com.au/video/2016-10-23/draft-prospect-adam-cerra

Be warned, Zee has led us astray. That wasn't Cerra's highlights.

That was an U18 instructional video entitled 'Adam Cerra Love or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Kicking to Advantage'....:)

If you don't believe me, note that it was Cerra's 2017 highlights but the video was posted on the afl site over a year ago o_O......*twighlight zone

Yep. He just has that Judd look about him.

That includes slightly dodgy disposal though.

Considering he only started putting it together 2 years ago, he still has a ton of upside despite his size advantage at present.

He might pan out another Rich/ Palmer type of big bodied mid that fizzles out. I'm backing him to go the other way and become a Marque player for whomever picks him.

I wouldn't have had him top 3 a few months ago but has really started to show some elite talent. These kids are so young that its hard to judge how much they can improve but he has all the tools and has shown so much improvement. Rare talent to take a game on and change it on his own. More I saw him the more I saw some really special talent

I wouldn't have had him top 3 a few months ago but has really started to show some elite talent. These kids are so young that its hard to judge how much they can improve but he has all the tools and has shown so much improvement. Rare talent to take a game on and change it on his own. More I saw him the more I saw some really special talent

Just got that 'look' about him. Stands up tall in tackles, bursts through packs. Judd like.

Dow has similar qualities too.

Dows the better chance to reach elite levels (and less chance of being a bust), but LDU could be special.

Another one I like. Seems to know where he's going to put the ball even before he gets it (in a good way). And then manages to deliver it exactly where he planned. Impressive by foot and hand and has great awareness.

Some highlight videos show kids bursting out of packs, breaking away, sidestepping, all manner of athletic feats. I like the more down to earth videos like Clark where the vision just shows the ball being delivered to a teammate time and time again (yes I know it's highlights).

Yeah I know sometimes getting a tough clearance and just banging the ball forward is needed. And I know that plenty of kids with sublime skills are 'outside'. But to see guys like Cerra and Clark that can use the ball well AND aren't afraid to get their hands dirty.....ooofff, noice.

The rational part of me says there's no point researching 20 top prospects and computing all the selection permutations ahead of the draft, when I could just wait to see who we end up with and go from there.

The irrational part of me just sat through every highlight vid that zeeCFC wonderfully hunted down for us....

Question for those in the know...

SOS is our list manager. Brodie our head recruiter? How much say does Brodie get in the final decision?

Question for those in the know...

SOS is our list manager. Brodie our head recruiter? How much say does Brodie get in the final decision?

I would say 0% say in the final decision.

But a huge say in the leadup to the final decision. SOS will put the final tickoff on each decision after a huge amount of input from Brodie and a fair bit of discussion with Bolts.

Well oiled..........at last. It's the new us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you mean zero say?
Of course he has a say and would put forward his recommendations which account for quite a say.

It's his job to fight for the players he sees as the best players by way of talent and by way of fit, as otherwise, what's the point?

It's pretty obvious i would've thought Harks.

Brodie will have huge input into the decision making but SOS will have the final say. Which was the question.

Make mischief of that if it is your want, but that is how it is setup to be done, that is how it should be done, and that is how it is done.

Hi all,

here is that info and link for the live Draft podcast for tonight!

DRAFT SPECIAL featuring two of the best in the business, AFL Draft Central and BigFooty's own, Bishop and Pie 4 Life

Join us live at 7:30pm Melbourne time as we discuss:

* Both Bishop and Pie 4 Life will provide their top 20 player rankings for this years draft

* Both will be selecting 5 players each (including 1 smokey that might be a hidden gem) to give a in depth review about that have impressed them this year

* Both will throw out some names they think might slide down the draft order this year

* We will go through a Mock draft for the first round selections

* Finish off with answering some listeners questions, which you can submit in the chat client while listening online!

You can tune in tonight LIVE at 7:30pm Melb time (approx) by clicking on the below link at around 7:30pm

https://www.spreaker.com/user/bigfooty.com

If you cant tune in to the live episode don't stress, i will post the edited version up afterwards on the draft and trades board.

If we could get Rayner with 3 and Fogarty with 10 would people be happy? Based on talent they would both be best available at their relative picks, or do we need at least one pure midfielder?

Like everyone else I don’t think we can go wrong with any of the top 4 prospects but after much deliberation and mind changing I hope SOS goes for maximum X factor, i.e. rayner (pick 3) and Fogarty (pick 10).

If they are not available I’d substitute Cerra for Rayner and Bonar for Fogarty.

Last edited:
Not sure if that's exactly correct unless things have changed in recent weeks.
We may have our sights set on someone else.
A few people around the traps have stated that Rayner is our number 1 and Cerra number 2 target.

Can someone point me in the direction of a highlights package of Rayner doing something other than taking a relatively uncontested mark inside 50. I don’t see the x-factor I don’t see the number pick 1?

Happy to be proven wrong seems everyone is frothing for this kid, i just don’t see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back