List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
draft nerds, i spoke to a bloke in the know yesterday at work and i said tell me the best value prospect and he without hesitation said jack higgins.

so tell me about him, all i know off memory is he's a small guy from victoria :p
Pretty sure Shifter Sheehan said he's the hardest worker, always striving to improve any weakness.

Unfortunately many see him as mostly a small forward at the next level who can go on the midfield.

If we didn't have Gresh we'd probably consider him more but he'd certainly be considered as it's unlikely he'll go too high either.

draft nerds, i spoke to a bloke in the know yesterday at work and i said tell me the best value prospect and he without hesitation said jack higgins.

so tell me about him, all i know off memory is he's a small guy from victoria :p
Anderson on Sen spoke about him at length yesterday
He is not a big fan ,I think for memory might be 172 Caleb Daniel type without the elite skills of Daniel.
Personally ranked him 15 but other clubs like him as a top 10
Anyone know why the fall out with obrien ?

He is a small forward midfielder. He was decent in the champs and would be an upgrade so we didn't have to play lonie/wright/minch.
His knocks are that he doesn't quite have the damaging ball use and he wouldn't become a midfielder at the next level. He averaged 28 possies or so in the champs with scoreboard impact playing across half forward. I'm a fan. Not sure we'd take him at pick 12 maybe for 15-20. Will probably come into the afl and have a decent amount of impact in his first few years but some say his upside is limited

Good chance now we only use 2 picks at this years draft and then one to upgrade Marshall. (Trading the first rounders or not)

Likely we trade in at least one player for mine meaning we'd need four list spots.

Draft - Dempster
Draft - Holmes
Upgrade Marshall - Savage
Trade in player - Montagna/Riewoldt

I would prefer others to Higgins.

Has skills, but lacks pace and is IMO not a great team player. I said Ben Ainsworth without the slick edge and I stand by it.

Don't doubt he'll go high, but his type is not a priority in my view.

How good is Zac Bailey, and how high a pick would you use to get him?
My boy Matty Balmer on AFLDC has him at 27 in his power rankings, I'd say that's about right.

He's awfully small for the role he plays at AFL level. Can play though.

I would prefer others to Higgins.

Has skills, but lacks pace and is IMO not a great team player. I said Ben Ainsworth without the slick edge and I stand by it.

Don't doubt he'll go high, but his type is not a priority in my view.
Exactly what I've been saying about him for the past year.

On another note...
"Aaron Naughton continued his strong form from the under-18s championships where he was named in the All-Australian team with a strong league debut.

The 17-year-old was used in defence and finished with 16 disposals and seven marks to play a significant role in the win."

Good to see a 17 yo key back named in the bests in his WAFL seniors debut. #myboy

Haydn Stephensen anybody?

If you could tidy up his kicking he looks like a good outside prospect. He seems to spray kicks as he doesn't slow down and steady to kick.

I only ever see YouTube highlights so might be totally off the mark.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

We've already got Laverde. Similar type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not good for us

arguably pick 1 and the most lively tall forward from the draft

tbh if i was a north supporter looking at pick 2 i'd be livid with the quality of this draft

brisbane didnt need a tall fwd so they're probably meh about it

tbh if i was a north supporter looking at pick 2 i'd be livid with the quality of this draft

Rayner & to a lesser extent LDU still favoured to go pick 1. Sutherland & Brander (the other key fwd) aren't/weren't seen as pick 1's.

It means that a club in front of us who needed a key forward would've chose Sutherland meaning that someone we might of fancied might get taken there instead of him

I dont think we are taking these picks to the draft. At worst we will flip them for picks next year and build with some more "fringe" types.

Im honestly more excited about we can do in the coaches box and developmental pathway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back