Blue87

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2011
Willaston
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Hey Guys, i know its a bit early but with teams now having to put in requests for next years fixture i thought i would start a thread discussing Carltons 2017 Fixture and what people are hoping for and any news/rumours people hear about the draw.
Being from SA, im hoping for a game at Adelaide Oval. Have not played there in two years and have not played the Crows in Adelaide since 2010.
Could we get a couple of Friday nights back next year based on form this year?

With Friday night games I reckon it would be better off the AFL sharing it more equally amongst all teams so it is not the same teams over and over. I think we would get a better spread of good matches over the season and it would be more interesting overall.

Must play in Adelaide next year. Hopefully twice in the H&A season, and even go over there in the preseason comp.
Doubt we'll get any Friday night games, but I guess we retain our Thursday night opener against Richmond.

Until we start winning games of footy we'll be in a very low bargaining position.

Iv'e actually liked our fixture and time slots this year, don't mind not having friday night footy. Having said that i only travel to a few games each year so the time slots to watch on tv are great however it may be a different story for those that go every week. Surely we could drop one of the games in sydney and pick up a game in Adelaide

How about we pick-up the Easter Friday game.?
A good friday game has to be done, long overdue. I think the Dogs and the Roos are gonna be the ones to grab that. No reason we couldnt have a day and night game?

Any reason or just a feeling?

I know the talk is about Dogs & Kangaroos but we've always been thereabouts in the same discussion.

Just a gut feeling.
Neither of those teams don't have a marque game, and we still have the season opener against Richmond.
And to be honest, I think the Kangas and Bulldogs deserve it.

Will the vice president make an appearance at an MCG game? If we make it an annual thing we could really put Carlton/footy on the map in the USA.

I think Dogs and Roos will get the Good Friday game here and we will be the away team in the interstate fixture....This way the AFL comes out looking like the 'good guys" by delivering a potential blockbuster to two Vic clubs not in "The Big 4" and gives us a taste of Friday night footy again, albeit interstate where we traditionally have strong support.
Everybody wins!

It is called a FIXture for a reason, there is nothing random about it.

Would like the stupid anomalies like 2 or more extra days break taken out of it where possible.

Always seem to play certain teams after travelling interstate the week before, can't possibly be pure coincidence.

Three consecutive 6 day breaks against rested opposition teams also could be eliminated.

Would be nice to have a rolling draw so we play each interstate team an even number of times at home over a 5 year period. It is a national competition, fans at both home grounds should get equal opportunities to see their teams play without having to travel.

would like to see us play North Melbourne Good Friday , North has requested the Blues share the fixture

also would like to play the Giants in Canberra as a dedication to the greatest of blues , Alex Jesaulenko !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might cop a beating for saying this but i think the GF replay should be the ANZAC day game

public holidays have historically drawn the biggest crowds.

these days used to be shared around the clubs

unfortunately in recent years clubs have locked those days as permanent fixtures !!

the blues management were too slow to realise this and we have missed the boat

its important we lock Good Friday with North.

public holidays have historically drawn the biggest crowds.

these days used to be shared around the clubs

unfortunately in recent years clubs have locked those days as permanent fixtures !!

the blues management were too slow to realise this and we have missed the boat

its important we lock Good Friday with North.

What marquee games PH are there..
Carlton vs Rich
Easter Monday (Hawks vs Cats)
ANZAC Day (Coll vs Ess)
Pre-ANZAC (new slot of MFC vs RFC)
Queens B'day (MFC vs Coll)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back