2017 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be epic. Both teams haven't played in the finals at the same time since 1941 which is hard to believe. I'd love to play Richmond in a final. Like you said, the melts in Melbourne and BF for that matter would be huge regardless of who wins.
The dream week one finals series for me:

Q1: Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - showdown is the best rivalry in the AFL, I think the Power would get up in a final
Q2: Geelong vs GWS Giants - the two best premiership chances in my eyes. Huge test for both teams.
E1: Sydney vs Essendon - Essendon making it would be very big, and a final against the in-form Swans would make some noise in the lead-up
E2: Richmond vs Melbourne - as stated, I think it could pull in 100k or very close to it. Would be the theme of the off-season on the main board on here.

I didn't think you'd like that.

It may obviously very well pan out differently. You'd hate to lose to Sydney two years in a row in a semi final. Hopefully you don't, i actually like the Crows and hope either them or Geelong win it.
I didn't bother reading the rest but the losing to port in the first final would pretty much put me in jail haha

Q1: Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - showdown is the best rivalry in the AFL, I think the Power would get up in a final
Q2: Geelong vs GWS Giants - the two best premiership chances in my eyes. Huge test for both teams.
E1: Sydney vs Essendon - Essendon making it would be very big, and a final against the in-form Swans would make some noise in the lead-up
E2: Richmond vs Melbourne - as stated, I think it could pull in 100k or very close to it. Would be the theme of the off-season on the main board on here.
id like to know why you are basing "port will get up in a final" on? interesting and for that to happen the crows would have to finish top.. which I cant see happening. they have to probably win 5 out of their last 6 to finish top.

id like to know why you are basing "port will get up in a final" on? interesting and for that to happen the crows would have to finish top.. which I cant see happening. they have to probably win 5 out of their last 6 to finish top.
No homegrown advantage wouldn't be ideal for the Crows, and I just have a feeling the Power would fit right in to finals footy and put together something great. They haven't beaten a top eight team all year (according to some, I count their wins against Sydney and WCE as hey are currently in the eight) but something gives me a hunch they can make something of this year's finals series.

The loser of 1v4 this year will most likely have the pleasure of hosting the swans in a home semi final......

I've always been of the opinion that come Semi Final week that the highest ranked losing team should host the lowest ranked winner from the elimination finals. It would give more incentive to finish 1st over 2nd and 3rd over 4th. As it stands there's not a whole lot of difference. I'd keep the prelims as they are though so we wouldn't have repeats of the Qualifying finals.

That would be an epic finals series. I'd love to see a showdown final. If we happen to play Richmond in a final and lose, we are going to absolutely cop it from everyone else on BF haha. I don't know how Tiger fans would cope if they lose another EF though. It's a credit to them that they turn out in force most of the time after all the heartache they've had to endure. Would be nice for them to win a final but hopefully not at the expense of us!

1) Adelaide Crows [17-5]
2) Geelong Cats [15-1-6]
3) GWS Giants [14-2-6]
4) Port Adelaide [14-8]
5) Sydney Swans [14-8]
6) Richmond [14-8]
7) West Coast Eagles [13-9]
8) Melbourne [13-9]
---------------------------------
9) Essendon [12-10]
10) Western Bulldogs [11-11]
11) St Kilda [11-11]

QF1) Adelaide Crows v Port Adelaide [AO]
QF2) Geelong Cats v GWS Giants [SS]
EF1) Sydney Swans v Melbourne [SCG]
EF2) Richmond v West Coast Eagles [MCG]

Last edited:
1) Adelaide Crows [17-5]
2) Geelong Cats [15-1-6]
3) GWS Giants [14-2-6]
4) Port Adelaide [14-8]
5) Sydney Swans [14-8]
6) Richmond [14-8]
7) West Coast Eagles [13-9]
8) Melbourne [12-10]
---------------------------------
9) Essendon [12-10]
10) Western Bulldogs [11-11]
11) St Kilda [11-11]

QF1) Adelaide Crows v Port Adelaide [AO]
QF2) Geelong Cats v GWS Giants [SS]
EF1) Sydney Swans v Melbourne [SCG]
EF2) Richmond v West Coast Eagles [MCG]

melbourne to gain an extra 2% over essendon by going 3-3 when we will go 4-2?

My prediction have up with

Adel 72
Geel 66
GWS 64
Port 56
Syd 52
Rich 52
WB 52
Ess 48
--------
Melb 48
WCE 48
Stk 44
Haw 36
Frem 36
Coll 32
GC 28
Carl 20
Lions 20
North 16

Wait, you think Bulldogs are going to go from 2 wins 4 losses in the last 6 games, to 5 wins 1 loss in the next 6 games?

I've been the eternal optimist for the Dogs this year, but they'll be lucky to win 2 of next 6. They're in competition-worst form right now, except for maybe the Roos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait, you think Bulldogs are going to go from 2 wins 4 losses in the last 6 games, to 5 wins 1 loss in the next 6 games?

I've been the eternal optimist for the Dogs this year, but they'll be lucky to win 2 of next 6. They're in competition-worst form right now, except for maybe the Roos.
While I do think we are up against it, form is temporary and teams can indeed turn things around.

Sydney have shown by turning a 0-6 start into a 9-7 position that finding momentum is a key.

The Dogs should win in Cairns this week (3 from 3 up there) and if they could then find a way to beat Essendon they would be back in the 8 or certainly very close. Momentum like that could carry them to finals.

I expect a few twists and turns yet.
It is conceivable that Adelaide, with their draw, may lose every game from here, although I am not predicting that. GWS also have a tough run and could still miss finals.

It is a very intriguing and unpredictable season.

why do u LOL everything...
it's ruddy boring
the predictions u LOL look spot on
let's see yours
I see that's a common response for you, must not have a massive vocabulary. Tough run coming up, you've already lost to Freo in Melbourne no guarantee you beat them again. 2 good players can't carry you forever.

We wont miss the finals, to think so is salty lol worthy lol

We wont miss the finals, to think so is salty lol worthy lol

I'm not so sure. I make that Adelaide, GWS, Geelong, Port, Sydney, Melbourne and Essendon (check their remaining fixture) are certainties, and West Coast and Richmond will be fighting for the last spot. If you lose to GWS today, I think West Coast are more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back