2017 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a cats fan with the current predicament we have with key players out...if someone said geelong can have 4th spot id take it.

It's 5 calendar weeks till the 1st week of finals hits, If we have some luck by then we will hopefully get most of blicvas, menzel, motlop, cockatoo and possibly selwood back...if that's the case and we are in the top 4 we could do a bit of damage if we get our list back.

My biggest worry is we drop all 3 finish 6th and cop sydney in an elimination final 1st week

Jesus your a dreamer.
You have just rolled off the following names, Blicavs, Motlop, Cockatoo and you think these guys will be important for the finals o_O
What have these blokes done all season so far? NOT A THING.

As for Selwood, yippee, as soon as his name is listed as returning, you can bet every other player except Dangerfield will be thinking thank god, I can now relax and let those two carry us over the line.

Your biggest worry should not be Sydney in week 1 of finals. It's trying to beat Richmond, Collingwood and GWS and hoping this team gets two cracks at it.

Jesus your a dreamer.
You have just rolled off the following names, Blicavs, Motlop, Cockatoo and you think these guys will be important for the finals o_O
What have these blokes done all season so far? NOT A THING.

As for Selwood, yippee, as soon as his name is listed as returning, you can bet every other player except Dangerfield will be thinking thank god, I can now relax and let those two carry us over the line.

Your biggest worry should not be Sydney in week 1 of finals. It's trying to beat Richmond, Collingwood and GWS and hoping this team gets two cracks at it.

You're slipping.

17. Richmond (Worst run club in the history of professional sport worldwide - Lions don't have the facilities, personnel or resources that the Tigers do. Sacked Choco and got Leppa back. FFS absolutely moronic. Terrible decisions come out of that place every day, they just can't help themselves. I'd cry every day if I was Alex Rance)
:p

Adelaide can only finish 1st or 2nd
GWS can finish 1st to 3rd
Geelong can only finish 2nd or 3rd or 4th
Port Richmond and Sydney are fighting for 4th to 6th.

*dont come back at me with % , I dont care and it wont happen. Only Sydney and Port will change through %

Last edited:
Adelaide can only finish 1st or 2nd
GWS can finish 1st to 3rd
Geelong can only finish 2nd or 3rd
Port Richmond and Sydney are fighting for 4th to 6th.

*dont come back at me with % , I dont care and it wont happen. Only Sydney and Port will change through %

Can't Geelong finish as low as 4th??
Tigers win their last two games and cats lose next week has Tigers 3rd, Cats 4th no?

When our game at Ballarat rolls around, you're going to be wishing that you didn't sell out for money like the minnow that you are.

:D

Saints are done if they lose tomorrow
West coast need a big win against crows
Melbourne are in if they win tomorrow
Essendon are in good shape
Dogs need a miracle

Adelaide
Geelong
Gws
Richmond
Sydney
Port Adelaide
Melbourne
Essendon

Week 1 finals
Thursday 7.20pm Adelaide vs Richmond
AO
Friday 7.50pm Geelong vs GWS Simonds Stadium
Saturday 2.10pm Sydney vs Essendon SCG
Saturday 7.20pm Port Adelaide vs Melbourne AO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide
Giants
Richmond
Geelong
Port Adelaide
Sydney
Melbourne
Essendon

Week 1 finals
Thursday 7.20pm Adelaide vs Geelong
AO
Friday 7.50pm GWS v Richmond Spotless Stadium
Saturday 2.30pm Port Adelaide vs Essendon AO
Saturday 7.50pm Sydney vs Melbourne SCG

pls make a richmond vs melbourne or richmond vs essendon elimination final happen. it would most likely happen if richmond lose one of its next two games.
I thought you guys would have wanted us to finish 4th (provided you finish 1st) so that you have:
1. An opponent that you have won all games against in the H&A season (as opposed to Sydney or Geelong)
2. A genuine home ground advantage (as opposed to playing Port Adelaide).

Taking my Richmond bias aside, Richmond is probably the best option for Adelaide in the QF from their likely opponents.

I thought you guys would have wanted us to finish 4th (provided you finish 1st) so that you have:
1. An opponent that you have won all games against in the H&A season (as opposed to Sydney or Geelong)
2. A genuine home ground advantage (as opposed to playing Port Adelaide).

Taking my Richmond bias aside, Richmond is probably the best option for Adelaide in the QF from their likely opponents.

I'm ok with playing Port. Prior to our match a few weeks back there may have been some extra nerves pre game (going into a Showdown final), but after the demolition job we did on them, i can't see them making that up in such a short turn around

There would be the usual finals jitters for sure, but no more than if i was facing Richmond, or GWS or Sydney or Geelong. They're still yet to beat a team who was in the 8 at the time they played them

But i don't subscribe to the theory of "easier" games in finals. They're finals for a reason. Nothing easy and nothings given to you. You have to earn it and i'm happy to play anyone. No fear, time for us to step up. It's been too long

Updated:
1. GWS Giants (tick)
2. Adelaide (tick)
3. West Coast (cross)
4. Sydney Swans (tick)
5. Western Bulldogs (cross)
6. Hawthorn (cross)
7. Melbourne (tick)
8. Geelong (cross)
9. St Kilda (tick)
10. Collingwood (tick)
11. North Melbourne (cross)
12. Richmond (cross)
13. Essendon (cross)
14. Fremantle (tick)
15. Port Adelaide (cross)
16. Gold Coast (tick)
17. Brisbane Lions (tick)
18. Carlton (tick)

Grand Final: GWS Giants def Adelaide, Heath Shaw wins Norm Smith Medal
Brownlow Medal: Patrick Dangerfield
Coleman Medal: Josh J. Kennedy
Rising Star: Will Brodie
Coaching changes: Hinkley, Eade, Hardwick, Buckley (maybe Longmire as part of succession plan with Stewart Dew)
I'm actually quite happy with this, going back and ticking or crossing teams based on where I predicted their finish and their general area on the ladder. The obvious miss was Port Adelaide who I didn't rate at all during the pre-season. Still love my GF prediction, very possible.

1. GWS
2. Sydney
3. Essendon
4. Geelong
5. Western Bulldogs
6. Melbourne
7. Adelaide
8. Port Adelaide
9. Collingwood
10 St Kilda
11. Fremantle
12. Hawthorn
13. Gold Coast
14. West Coast
15. Richmond
16. Carlton
17. North Melbourne
18. Brisbane

My first prediction made in October last year. Looking like I'll have picked 7 out of the top 8

My first prediction made in October last year. Looking like I'll have picked 7 out of the top 8
Pretty good prediction that ladder

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I want to do one after the draft as I somehow feel more knowledgeable :p

1. GWS - They look very strong on paper next year so don't think they'll lose many games.
2. West Coast - Topped up alright and think that last year was a bit of an aberration.
3. Sydney - Well, they are just a great side aren't they. Probably nailed the draft yet again.
4. Richmond - I admit that it's probably bias but I think we have done well this trade/draft period. Soft draw + better depth hopefully results in this.
5. Melbourne - I think that they have one of the best midfield in the competition. With solid ends too, won't be shocked to see them in the top 4.
6. Adelaide - Don't see them improve by much if any improvement next year. Could crash out of the top 8, but I'll put them here.
7. Western Bulldogs - I see them having a down year next year and bouncing back up 2018.
8. Essendon - Building a really good side. The banned players have been training so think they can make the 8. Could finish just out of the 8 though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9. St Kilda - Could definitely make the 8, but I am not sure yet on them. Got smashed a lot last year for a side that many expect to just leap in.
10. Gold Coast - Think that this off-season was a line-in-the-sand moment for the club. They are talented IMO and could finish way higher than this.
11. Geelong - They lost depth and took a risk by taking a few mature players in the draft. Don't think it'll work out at the moment.
12. Fremantle - If one of Richmond and Fremantle leaps to the top 4, it is probably Fremantle, but bias made me choose Richmond. Could charge up.
13. Hawthorn - Feel like they'll crash out of the 8. The last two times a team finished top 4 winning close was Fremantle (2015) and Geelong (2014).
14. Carlton - One of those things where improvement occurs but not much on the ladder like Richmond between 2011 and 2012.
15. Brisbane - I actually think that they can finish in the top half of the bottom 10 and even push for finals. Have them here though.
16. Port Adelaide - Either they go in the top 8 and possibly the top 4, or they crash down. Don't think mediocrity is an option for them.
17. Collingwood - They have taken a lot of risks. Their topping up could see them make finals, but it is looking like it won't pay off to me.
18. North Melbourne - They haven't bottomed out for years, but also didn't do much for years. I can see them hover at ~12, but I'll go with 18th.
This is probably my best attempt, and I did it just after the trade period and draft was finished. Probably wasn't a great analysis though.

So far, it is Port Adelaide and Geelong in for Bulldogs and West Coast from this ladder.

This is probably my best attempt, and I did it just after the trade period and draft was finished. Probably wasn't a great analysis though.

So far, it is Port Adelaide and Geelong in for Bulldogs and West Coast from this ladder.
Lol... How anyone could tip us to finish that low with a fit list having half a side out injured the last 2 years is stupidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back