2017 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Barrett should be given more credit for his game. He was dropped from the seniors as he essentially was a forward who couldn't kick goals. He stepped up this week and kicked two while still providing good pressure (think he had 6 tackles?)

Like someone said - He's still a work in progress, but it's not like there isn't much to work with. He has the desire to play, he has a great defensive talent and has a very clear idea of what he needs to work on.

I think Barrett should be given more credit for his game. He was dropped from the seniors as he essentially was a forward who couldn't kick goals. He stepped up this week and kicked two while still providing good pressure (think he had 6 tackles?)

Like someone said - He's still a work in progress, but it's not like there isn't much to work with. He has the desire to play, he has a great defensive talent and has a very clear idea of what he needs to work on.

Dodongo likes this.

Fair enough missed that. Probably was just more singling your comment out because of the general trend I've noticed that many are being quite hard on young Keaysey. I think he certainly needs to polish up but think he's developing pretty well at this point in his career.

On a seperate note, really excited by the class we've seen on show so far from guys like Cox and Witherden in the reserves.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agreed. I think this stretch of reserves footy he will likely be playing will do wonders for him. I'm already seeing a massive improvement in his ball use - if he can bring some confidence with his kicking to the seniors then I think he gets a game week in week out. As ive mentioned many times before, probably will never win a brownlow or star in his own highlight reel show but has all the attributes of vital cog type mid.

cotAvrf.png

66UD3ud.png

really like the look of Liam Dawson's stats, 17 marks, 8 I50 6 R50 doing it at both ends. Grewar also doing it at both ends, looked good on the day as well.

Barrett doing what he has been doing at this level for a few years, improve his disposal a tad and he could have a decent AFL career.

10 tackles for Christensen is great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished watching the 1st half of the game & Witherden is elite with his kicking. Just what we need of half back.

And that pin point look away handball made me froth. Guys got a football brain and elite skills. Good combination.

I think he'll be a Suckling/Drummond hybrid.

And that pin point look away handball made me froth. Guys got a football brain and elite skills. Good combination.

I think he'll be a Suckling/Drummond hybrid.
ahh Drummond, when he was up and firing Drummond had one of best kicks i have ever seen, unfortunately that wasn't too often due to injury.

ahh Drummond, when he was up and firing Drummond had one of best kicks i have ever seen, unfortunately that wasn't too often due to injury.

He would have been a superstar if it weren't for injury. Hell, he was still regarded as a brilliant player by Victorian media despite barely playing.

The best dominant side kick I've seen in Brisbane Lions colours, I think. We've had some good ones but Drummond's precision and penetration was simply elite.

POBT Nunez this short package does not do him any justice but worth it for the first kick on the reel.

there was one i remember from i don't know when but he was running just outside the 50m arc on the boundary line and he hooked it across his body 40-50 meters flat as a tac onto the chest.

Allison

Bell

Bewick

Clayton

Close

Dawson

Eagles

Freeman

Frost

Grewar

Hammelmann

Hanley

Hinge

Hipwood

Jansen

Keays

Lyons

Mathieson

McInerney

Paparone

Smith

J.Walker

Witherden

Copland

C.Walker
something wrong there, Hipwood and Dawson named in 1sts grimlock. great to see beastmode back though.

What is this youtube channel?

The world has past me by and my kids live interstate.

Just click on the blue coloured link in my previous post and it will take you to the channel - this is where the NEAFL collates all of its videos. You then choose the game or highlight you want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back