Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If thomas plays more than 10 games this year, I would be asking Why ?

There is minimal expectation from the membership base and coaches should be about getting games into the younger players and getting them to gel together. He might do a special thing here and there but a player like Zac Fisher,Cam polson or Kym lebois need to be given games to develop and intergrate into game style

Who would you ask?
He played 18 this year and would have been 22 if not for injury.
What if he's the fittest he's ever been next year and playing good football. What's the question going to be? :)

Based on his last 2 seasons, Wright should play all games barring injury. Lamb and Kerridge will also play games as will daisy. I hope you're wrong about Mullett and Shaw, I would've preferred to keep Boekhorst tbh, I'm not really that keen on the revolving door SOS has created with the bottom players on our list (not that it really matters in the longer term).

SOS is improving the 18-24 current ranked players, thats why guys like Mullet and Shaw have been added over Boekhorst

Who would you ask?
He played 18 this year and would have been 22 if not for injury.
What if he's the fittest he's ever been next year and playing good football. What's the question going to be? :)
The question would be in a year of rebuilding and development, Why is a player in his 30's who is clearly not part of the long term plans and borderline getting an extension of 1 year getting games ahead of potentially youth that has been at the club 12-18 months and are part of the future - surely that would make logical sense

match committee are who should
TG, do we still have to treat you with reverence and awe after dec 31?
yes until carlton win a flag :p

The question would be in a year of rebuilding and development, Why is a player in his 30's who is clearly not part of the long term plans and borderline getting an extension of 1 year getting games ahead of potentially youth that has been at the club 12-18 months and are part of the future - surely that would make logical sense

match committee are who should

Leave our captain alone!!!!!

Depth and experience at VFL Level
Doesn't cost much
Can coach at reserves level
Definitely gone at end of year
Good trainer
We can only get rid of so many
Deal done to delete trigger on contract

Lots of reasons really

Yep, all of those reasons. They are clear reasons for him to be retained without playing Seniors.

I don't think anyone is arguing Thomas is in the best 22. Just that for all sorts of reasons he will still be in the mix for selection for next year in some form. As you know, you only have to be in the best 30 odd to get quite a few games in most teams in most years.

I think Daisy is shot, but it doesn't take much looking to see that Bolton sees some value in playing him. And it's not hard to work out what that value is.

Hopefully Bolts has every reason to pick other young blokes before him every week. Will be a very good sign. Daisy and Casboult may have 0 games left or may have 10-12 games left before we can move on. Let's see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be they do think different. If he is in our best 22 next year we are not moving forward. Where would you play him?

Where I would play him is immaterial but off the top of my head I'd say where he is deemed to be most valuable by the M/C.

Can't see how we are not moving forward if he plays best 22 all year. Will be there if good enough and if that is the case many might not get their wish to delist him in 2019.

I don't think Bolton feels that way given what he's said about Thomas and given the way he used Thomas, this year.
Have leaders on lines is bullshit? I don't know about that Soapy. I watched Riewoldt organising his forward line to effect, on plenty of occasions.

Many people will have this as their starting forward line.

CCurnow Casboult Pickett
JSilvagni McKay Wright

Where's the instruction going to come from? Casboult? 4 of those guys collectively, wouldn't have put 50 games together, yet.

I don't think it's bullshit, but we'll see what comes about.
Thomas isn’t fit to untie Riewoldt show lace
Soapy was merely saying we have enough on field leaders already
Having has been on ground will make 0 difference

Thomas isn’t fit to untie Riewoldt show lace
Soapy was merely saying we have enough on field leaders already
Having has been on ground will make 0 difference

I wasn't comparing players, which should have been obvious, but for the roles they were given.
Let me make it simpler for you then. Maxwell set-up the back-line for Collingwood, even though many didn't rate him as a player.

I'm surprised some are playing this game and you have an argument, take it to Bolton and ask him why he's been endorsing Thomas.

SOS is improving the 18-24 current ranked players, thats why guys like Mullet and Shaw have been added over Boekhorst
Ok, the grass IS greener on the other side, good to know. Only it isn’t the other side now.

Champion data disagree with you btw, I was looking at Mullett’s rating in the AFL prospectus, Doesn’t make for good reading. He is a liability defensively, his kicking efficiency is diabolical for an outside hbf and he is not an accumulator. At the start of the year he was just about the worst rated player in the AFL.

So to recap: s**t kick, s**t defender, poor accumulator and he’ll be 26 next year. I do think he was a bit better this year but I tend to think North got rid of him for a reason. On a ratings per game basis he is a far inferior player to Boekhorst, this isn’t my opinion (because I really didn’t study this guy closely enough when watching North to have a valid opinion), this is Champion Data’s analysis.

If you are suggesting that you have seriously studied this guy when watching North play and that you know more than Champion Data I don’t believe you.

Matt Shaw isn’t quite as bad but is still very, very poor.

I wasn't comparing players, which should have been obvious, but for the roles they were given.
Let me make it simpler for you then. Maxwell set-up the back-line for Collingwood, even though many didn't rate him as a player.

I'm surprised some are playing this game and you have an argument, take it to Bolton and ask him why he's been endorsing Thomas.
It appears you value non contributing players but if they have good character and is a great clubman then lock it in round 1
That would be my simpler approach for you
And for the record, maxwell was twice the player Thomas ever will be

Ok, the grass IS greener on the other side, good to know. Only it isn’t the other side now.

Champion data disagree with you btw, I was looking at Mullett’s rating in the AFL prospectus, Doesn’t make for good reading. He is a liability defensively, his kicking efficiency is diabolical for an outside hbf and he is not an accumulator. At the start of the year he was just about the worst rated player in the AFL.

So to recap: s**t kick, s**t defender, poor accumulator and he’ll be 26 next year. I do think he was a bit better this year but I tend to think North got rid of him for a reason. On a ratings per game basis he is a far inferior player to Boekhorst, this isn’t my opinion (because I really didn’t study this guy closely enough when watching North to have a valid opinion), this is Champion Data’s analysis.

If you are suggesting that you have seriously studied this guy when watching North play and that you know more than Champion Data I don’t believe you.

Matt Shaw isn’t quite as bad but is still very, very poor.

Parap, not one other club considered Blaine worthy for another shot, did you take that into consideration when analysing the stats? Do the stats have a column for the amount of times he shirked a contest?

Seriously do not understand why some people are frustrated with the release of Blaine on the back of a handful of decent games

It appears you value non contributing players but if they have good character and is a great clubman then lock it in round 1
That would be my simpler approach for you
And for the record, maxwell was twice the player Thomas ever will be

What you're really saying is: Bolton values non-contributing players.
I don't know how to make this point any simpler than to draw it out for you. Take your issue up with Bolton for playing him all year.

...and for the record, Thomas was twice the player Maxwell ever could have been. No point to that, but just for the fun of it.

What you're really saying is: Bolton values non-contributing players.
I don't know how to make this point any simpler than to draw it out for you. Take your issue up with Bolton for playing him all year.

Last years gone and we know the reasons. We are talking about next year

Last edited:
Well don't really believe you need any powers to answer your question about Murphy Hark's

Good luck for Rnd 1 -
say it like you mean it, ffs...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back