NFL 2017 NFL - Wild Card Weekend

Who wins this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of all the days to whinge over Cam i think this is one you can skip, he said himself in his presser that the IG had nothing to do with the end result.

His press conference was actually unrecognisable from what the norm is. Answered all questions, and like a leader. I was pleasantly shocked with it.
I was actually whinging about your coach. ;)

But Cam is a flog. There's no doubt about that. The only reason you're impressed by a punk that can't even take his sunglasses off to answer questions is the bar is set so low. Would you consider other QB's leaders if they turned up to a PC like that? I doubt it.

It's a pity for the Panthers that Cam doesn't put as much effort into game planning as he does his post game wardrobe.

Give him break mate, Cam nearly won that game single handedly for us today, JD had a near traumatic experience, very nearly checked himself into the nuthouse :p
TBH, I was never worried about losing.

Just had that feeling we'd find a way and so too the Panthers to blow it.

One day hoping for a Panthers/Pats SB in the near future to see this board
You could be waiting a while.

Carolina could be in trouble after this offseason. New owners might want a new direction and might not be as accommodating of the clown show as the sexual predator is.

I was actually whinging about your coach. ;)

But Cam is a flog. There's no doubt about that. The only reason you're impressed by a punk that can't even take his sunglasses off to answer questions is the bar is set so low. Would you consider other QB's leaders if they turned up to a PC like that? I doubt it.

It's a pity for the Panthers that Cam doesn't put as much effort into game planning as he does his post game wardrobe.

Congrats, you're telling everyone something they already know.

Gotta pick on him for something i suppose, he played well today and gave a quality press conference, there is always fashion there to bail you out in hard times.

Congrats, you're telling everyone something they already know.

Gotta pick on him for something i suppose, he played well today and gave a quality press conference, there is always fashion there to bail you out in hard times.
He seemed to throw a lot of balls away in the first half. Is that because a) the receivers were all covered or b) he didn't have the guts and/or skill to make the passes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He seemed to throw a lot of balls away in the first half. Is that because a) the receivers were all covered or b) he didn't have the guts and/or skill to make the passes?

Ok, now I'm convinced you dont watch games...

If you did you wouldn't have missed the dead eye laser he through to Clay for an easy TD only for it to be dropped.

Thank god no one here relies on you to give an accurate description or NFL knowledge.

I don't get why that call is intentional grounding yet spiking the ball is ok?

Spiking the ball was grandfathered into the rules, but when you think about it - a spike results in basically the same outcome as an Intentional Grounding penalty (loss of down) without the loss of the yard or so and no threat of a 10 sec run off

Same reason jumping into a players back to take a mark isn't considered a push in the back in the AFL.

Spiking the ball was grandfathered into the rules, but when you think about it - a spike results in basically the same outcome as an Intentional Grounding penalty (loss of down) without the loss of the yard or so and no threat of a 10 sec run off

Spiking is worse really because they haven't even attempted to run a play

Intentional is considered a delayed spike and not allowed. A spike is allowed as long as your very first action is to throw it down... or something like that

Spiking is worse really because they haven't even attempted to run a play
Intentional grounding also denies the defence an opportunity to turnover the ball and/or loss of yards when it's the likely outcome of the play.

Intentional grounding also denies the defence an opportunity to turnover the ball and/or loss of yards when it's the likely outcome of the play.

It's like deliberate in the AFL though - all you have to do is disguise it well enough and you get away with it. That last one against Cam Newton for instance was extremely rough, 9/10 the QB seems to get away with throwing it out of bounds like that.

It's like deliberate in the AFL though - all you have to do is disguise it well enough and you get away with it. That last one against Cam Newton for instance was extremely rough, 9/10 the QB seems to get away with throwing it out of bounds like that.

That's because NFL refs don't normally call it enough. QBs get enough protection as it is. They don't need the extra help of having penalties they commit not being called.

All 3 intentional grounding calls I can remember today (Peterman, Brees and Newton) were absolutely correct.

Back