2017 St.Kilda Membership Thread (CLUB RECORD 42,094 - 01/08/17)

Remove this Banner Ad

33,507. I expect that is the extra bit from Friday and there'll be an extra update later.
Reeling in a good 50-100 members a day, thought we'd fall away in the new year but we've steadily kept going. I'm hoping for 33,600 by tonight!

Reeling in a good 50-100 members a day, thought we'd fall away in the new year but we've steadily kept going. I'm hoping for 33,600 by tonight!

Id love you to find out how many members we would have if we used the memberships that were allowed to be counted back in 2009. Its great that we will beat that this year but when you look at the clubs who around us in membership figures over the years we have lost pace to nearly all of them so even though the numbers seem good its a case of figures not quite giving us the full truth.

Id love you to find out how many members we would have if we used the memberships that were allowed to be counted back in 2009. Its great that we will beat that this year but when you look at the clubs who around us in membership figures over the years we have lost pace to nearly all of them so even though the numbers seem good its a case of figures not quite giving us the full truth.

Interestingly the doggies had a couple of thousand members more than us in 2016 and yet brought in less revenue.

I don't know why you keep harping on about it, it's really a moot point. I don't know if it's you I said it to or someone else, but the rules would've been different in 1989 and 1999 too. Just like the game itself, it's always changing....anything over $50 is counted as a membership and that's been the case for quite a few years now. Losing pace to clubs around us might have to do with losing Grand Finals as much as anything else. Fact of the matter is that members aren't dropping off anymore (Best member retention rate in the league), we had the biggest % growth in the AFL last year, and overall it's great news for the club.

I don't know why you keep harping on about it, it's really a moot point. I don't know if it's you I said it to or someone else, but the rules would've been different in 1989 and 1999 too. Just like the game itself, it's always changing....anything over $50 is counted as a membership and that's been the case for quite a few years now. Losing pace to clubs around us might have to do with losing Grand Finals as much as anything else. Fact of the matter is that members aren't dropping off anymore (Best member retention rate in the league), we had the biggest % growth in the AFL last year, and overall it's great news for the club.

Because its important to keep pace with clubs around us more than championing records that aren't really records. Yes we could all kumbayah and say how great it is but I would rather look at the bigger picture. When we clearly are ahead of the 3 other clubs we need to beat I will sing your kumbayah song.

Because its important to keep pace with clubs around us more than championing records that aren't really records. Yes we could all kumbayah and say how great it is but I would rather look at the bigger picture. When we clearly are ahead of the 3 other clubs we need to beat I will sing your kumbayah song.
Okay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current Membership Tally (15/02/2017):

This Time Last Year (21/02/2016):

Difference:
+2,505

Projected Final Total:

All-Time Tally;
1. 39,276 (2011)
2. 39,021 (2010)
3. 38,009 (2016)
4. 35,440 (2012)
5. 33,765 (2017)

Reason the difference is so low now is because this time last year we'd already played the intra club, and we got around 1000 members sign up on that day alone last year. So hoping for same tomorrow night. Also obviously 'this time last year' is at the 21st of Feb, so still a few days to increase the buffer!

What a day this has been...cannot wait for the update tomorrow/Monday.
Got my 4 membership packs, and another 4 scarves to add to the 20 odd I already own.
Would be nice to have a button on the membership renewal that says "none", when asked if you want a scarf or a hat. Would probably save the club some bucks

Got my 4 membership packs, and another 4 scarves to add to the 20 odd I already own.
Would be nice to have a button on the membership renewal that says "none", when asked if you want a scarf or a hat. Would probably save the club some bucks
I'll pass it on for you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back