2017 Supporter to member numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

would have should have could have,

There is only a big 1, the big 4 is a myth

Lol and wait and see and Richmond and near the bottom and draw 19,000 against Adelaide. Collingwood’s smallest crowd at the mcg is 26,000 in 1999 against freo. Pies also have 4 of the top 5 biggest crowds at the mcg during the home and away season. Richmond are big but as stats prove attendance wise a winning Collingwood out drawns Richmond every time. In fact a winning Collingwood outdraws every clubs in the competition. Enjoy your turn in the sunshine Richmond while it lasts because when when the pies climb the ladder again then you will know who the true powerhouse of the comp is

Haha we’ve seen what the pies did after 2010/11 and we’ve just blown it out of the water already.

2010 pies win the flag 1,306,304 attendances during the home and away season

2017 Richmond win the premiership 1,021,000 attendances during the home and away season.

Who is bigger again?

If Richmond can draw over 1.25 million then they might as big as Collingwood or even Essendon

2017 Richmond win the premiership 1,021,000 attendances during the home and away season.

Who is bigger again?

If Richmond can draw over 1.25 million then they might as big as Collingwood or even Essendon

You do realise that having gws and GC has an impact on attendances now? Not to mention who you draw twice also plays a significant role in overall attendances.

Off the top of my head We played geelong at KP, gws and GC away.

These days rich v Melbourne Anzac eve and rich v Essendon Dreamtime is on par with Anzac Day attendances.

Lol and wait and see and Richmond and near the bottom and draw 19,000 against Adelaide. Collingwood’s smallest crowd at the mcg is 26,000 in 1999 against freo. Pies also have 4 of the top 5 biggest crowds at the mcg during the home and away season. Richmond are big but as stats prove attendance wise a winning Collingwood out drawns Richmond every time. In fact a winning Collingwood outdraws every clubs in the competition. Enjoy your turn in the sunshine Richmond while it lasts because when when the pies climb the ladder again then you will know who the truande powerhouse of the comp is
to qiote you

"Lol and wait and see and Richmond and near the bottom and draw 19,000 against Adelaide"

WTF?

You do realise that having gws and GC has an impact on attendances now? Not to mention who you draw twice also plays a significant role in overall attendances.

Off the top of my head We played geelong at KP, gws and GC away.

These days rich v Melbourne Anzac eve and rich v Essendon Dreamtime is on par with Anzac Day attendances.
I was going to mention it but they're Colliwobblers so probably wouldnt understand the impact on numbers the new teams have.

I doubt there are many times in the history of any sport that one team had over 90k of their own supporters at a game.

Lol and wait and see and Richmond and near the bottom and draw 19,000 against Adelaide. Collingwood’s smallest crowd at the mcg is 26,000 in 1999 against freo. Pies also have 4 of the top 5 biggest crowds at the mcg during the home and away season. Richmond are big but as stats prove attendance wise a winning Collingwood out drawns Richmond every time. In fact a winning Collingwood outdraws every clubs in the competition. Enjoy your turn in the sunshine Richmond while it lasts because when when the pies climb the ladder again then you will know who the true powerhouse of the comp is

The big one,Richmond.

i think he is a bit rattled

Again, we have only won 1 flag since 1980, why arent we allowed to wait and see how big we will grow if we continue to have success ? :drunk:

according to gopies we arent going to pickup new supporters or enlarge our fanbase like the pies/bombers did after their 2 afl era flags even though we are sexier than both those clubs (mascot, colours, song, location, best player in the game etc)

:drunk:

Collingwood have consistently been up there on a yearly basis.

Richmond’s lows have been very low so it’s a natural the Pies got more fans,especially when they won the fourpeat,mind you having two goes at it in the grand finals,that’s where they got the bulk of the bandwagonners,the fourpeat.

Richmond need to be consistently in the top 8 every year,hard for a team that is everyonesgrandfinal.

Roar to the mighty beast ,the TIGER,the most ferocious and gorgeous animal on the planet.

Who is bigger again?

2017 finals.
  • The crowd of 95,028 for the final between Geelong and Richmond is the highest attendance for a final in week 1 of the finals VFL/AFL history.[
  • The crowd of 100,021 was the biggest Grand Final crowd since Hawthorn vs Carlton in the 1986 VFL Grand Final.[57][58]
  • The bigest crowd in an AFL game in history.
Richmond was also the first club to draw a million through the gates in 1980.

COLLINGWOOD
3.4 7.8 7.10 12.13 (85)
FREMANTLE
0.1 1.4 3.5 5.7 (37)
GOALS Collingwood: White 2, Cox 2, Cloke 2, Treloar, Aish, de Goey, Smith, Greenwood, Phillips. Fremantle: Ballantyne 2, Pavlich 2, Walters.
BEST Collingwood: Reid, Marsh, Treloar, Crisp, Smith, Sinclair, Williams, Grundy, Cox. Fremantle:Barlow, Walters, Crozier, Neale, Blakely, Collins,
UMPIRES Ryan, Pannell, Mitchell, Stephens.
CROWD 20,320 at the MCG.

COLLINGWOOD
3.4 7.8 7.10 12.13 (85)
FREMANTLE
0.1 1.4 3.5 5.7 (37)
GOALS Collingwood: White 2, Cox 2, Cloke 2, Treloar, Aish, de Goey, Smith, Greenwood, Phillips. Fremantle: Ballantyne 2, Pavlich 2, Walters.
BEST Collingwood: Reid, Marsh, Treloar, Crisp, Smith, Sinclair, Williams, Grundy, Cox. Fremantle:Barlow, Walters, Crozier, Neale, Blakely, Collins,
UMPIRES Ryan, Pannell, Mitchell, Stephens.
CROWD 20,320 at the MCG.
lol...does anyone know how to remove that much egg off of a face?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bloke is on record saying he grew up a Fitzroy fan and switched to Pies when Fitzroy merged

just saying

How long have you been a member for???

Me 22 years!

Oh and actually i went to Collingwood way before Fitzroy merged mate. Started following the pies when I was 8 (1989) and started attending the footy in 1997. Just saying

Lol drew more then Richmond playing a team that regularly draws 5,000’of their own fans in Melbourne.

We played freo if a match where is rained all night which had probably 100 freo fans at the game

Oh really? Were you at the game, because I was (long story). It was a Friday night, 'blockbuster' time slot, and I reckon Freo had about a third of the crowd that night. You know, I was surprised there were even 20K at the game, because it was probably the quietest crowd I've ever witnessed. Anyway, just thought I'd correct you because not even the almighty Pies can escape pathetic attendances.

Again you did not answer my question??? Guess you joined as a member recently. Where were you during the save our skins campaign????l when the going gets tough they become minnows. Unlike Collingwood who have only finished outside the top 2 biggest drawing clubs on 4 occasions in 60 years and the lowest they have finished is 3rd including last year and a premiership side in Richmond only drew 21,000 more through the turnstiles lol.

Compare that from 2006 to 2014 and Collingwood left Richmond and the other club in the competition for dust.

Again you did not answer my question??? Guess you joined as a member recently. Where were you during the save our skins campaign????l when the going gets tough they become minnows. Unlike Collingwood who have only finished outside the top 2 biggest drawing clubs on 4 occasions in 60 years and the lowest they have finished is 3rd including last year and a premiership side in Richmond only drew 21,000 more through the turnstiles lol.

Compare that from 2006 to 2014 and Collingwood left Richmond and the other club in the competition for dust.
i was supporting my club during sos and have been a member for many many years thanks very much. lol you were still supporting fitzroy back then

i hope you recycle your rubbish as much as your recycle your posts

never said richmond is bigger than pies , just saying we will get there cos we are making up for being so poor from 1982-2016 now that we are in the business of winning flags again unlike the pies who have won 2 in 62 years

Pies are not that much bigger and 2 flags in 62 years has done some damage to how big you could have been today. The Mancherster United of Australia is a huge myth !

i was supporting my club during sos and have been a member for many many years thanks very much. lol you were still supporting fitzroy back then

i hope you recycle your rubbish as much as your recycle your posts

never said richmond is bigger than pies , just saying we will get there cos we are making up for being so poor from 1982-2016 now that we are in the business of winning flags again unlike the pies who have won 2 in 62 years

Pies are not that much bigger and 2 flags in 62 years has done some damage to how big you could have been today. The Mancherster United of Australia is a huge myth !

Lol mate I was 8 when I changed to Collingwood!!! Get a grip

Still..... that's pretty bad

All I know is when the pies make finals we will be the biggest supporting club in the league again.

Since the afl began in 1990 Collingwood have won 2 flags to Richmond 1.

Also Collingwood have always finished first in attendance’s when the pies make finals.

I have to agree with JayJ20. Not only interstate but there are a large number of Essendon fans living regionally. At my work we have about 7 or so Essendon supporters, with a few Carlton fans and no Collingwood or Richmond fans. Here in Bendigo the trains are always packed with Dons fans on the way to the game. Collingwood supporters are fewer in numbers when I’ve been on the train on the days they play, still a very decent number of supporters but I have found they are easily outnumbered by Essendon and Carlton fans on game days coming from here.
growing up in Bendigo in the 80s/90s
I would say it was
Essendon, Carlton top 2
then it was Geelong
next tier was Collingwood, Richmond, Bulldogs, Hawthorn
then the others

Last edited:
All I know is when the pies make finals we will be the biggest supporting club in the league again.

Since the afl began in 1990 Collingwood have won 2 flags to Richmond 1.

Also Collingwood have always finished first in attendance’s when the pies make finals.
You didnt in 1980 when we were both in finals and Grand Final:think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back